Currently on the Horizon

Gettys84

Does anyone know if the doors are metal for magnetic decoration purposes? I’ve seen in other forums people suggest command strips over magnets. 

Took pictures of a few items along our hall. The tree mail box is made out of metal and someone else had their Ultra Cruise magnet in their door. Tested the tree mail with our AirPods case. It has a magnet in it.

And bonus picture of a cool animal towel. How could NCL stop doing towel animals? Stinks for them.

fa482ec271a417e8d337a1ca0d879563.jpg

f02e1661e4917a86efa715f485f42127.jpg6c367ba0d505b72cc3d89985455f5e5e.jpgc04f545afa5b78a73afe55a8780cbca2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Gettys84:

We are getting on the Horizon Sunday and are debating on carrying out bags on (our rooms are literally down the hall by guest services on deck 3). 

Question 1: Our check in time is 12:30. Should we try to show up early or just pretty much a little before 12:30.

Question 2: We are debating on carrying our bags on and either a.) hoping the room is ready or b.) hoping the Stewart lets us put the bags in even if it isn’t cleaned. My concern is that they will have those big doors closed blocking the whole hallway off. Are the rooms always close to 1:30 being ready or is there a good chance they would be ready when we get on around 12:30?

Thanks in advance for helping all of us out and keeping us informed!

4 minutes ago, tnutt10 said:

Gettys84:

We are getting on the Horizon Sunday and are debating on carrying out bags on (our rooms are literally down the hall by guest services on deck 3). 

Question 1: Our check in time is 12:30. Should we try to show up early or just pretty much a little before 12:30.

Question 2: We are debating on carrying our bags on and either a.) hoping the room is ready or b.) hoping the Stewart lets us put the bags in even if it isn’t cleaned. My concern is that they will have those big doors closed blocking the whole hallway off. Are the rooms always close to 1:30 being ready or is there a good chance they would be ready when we get on around 12:30?

Thanks in advance for helping all of us out and keeping us informed!

I would get to the terminal no later than 10:45 am.  At worst you have to sit in the waiting area inside the terminal for 30 minutes to an hour.  I bet you would be on the ship by 11:45 at the latest.  

We have never carried our bags on but we do carry them off so we can get on the road asap.  Come the last night of our cruise, it is over....let me off this ship!

We came down to our room at 1pm because we were carrying around two 12 packs of sodas.  We opened the big doors and walked down to our room.  The room was mostly ready but they had not vacuumed yet.  One of the crew members told us to come back at 1:30.  He said put to sodas on the bed.  We did not leave our back packs in the room.  He seemed a little annoyed with us.  So next time will wait until 1:30.  

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Gettys84 said:

I would get to the terminal no later than 10:45 am.  At worst you have to sit in the waiting area inside the terminal for 30 minutes to an hour.  I bet you would be on the ship by 11:45 at the latest.  

We have never carried our bags on but we do carry them off so we can get on the road asap.  Come the last night of our cruise, it is over....let me off this ship!

We came down to our room at 1pm because we were carrying around two 12 packs of sodas.  We opened the big doors and walked down to our room.  The room was mostly ready but they had not vacuumed yet.  One of the crew members told us to come back at 1:30.  He said put to sodas on the bed.  We did not leave our back packs in the room.  He seemed a little annoyed with us.  So next time will wait until 1:30.  

Thank you! What time were your bags delivered?

1 hour ago, tnutt10 said:

Many times the fire doors to the cabin hallways are closed at embarkation. They used to have signs on them that said Platinum/Diamond/FTTF were allowed through, but I think they've done away with them. They weren't there last summer. But priority passengers who are given immediate cabin access (P/D/FTTF) are allowed through the doors.

If you don't have priority cabin access of any kind, I wouldn't recommend asking your steward if you can put your luggage in your cabin. They have a system to follow and if a lot of general boarding passengers did that, it'd create a big mess. And makes their job even harder during turn-around. They've got a lot of cabins to prep and it isn't very fair to them to have to work around your luggage. Not to mention, non-priority passengers aren't supposed to be in the halls anyway. I'm not trying to sound like I'm lecturing you. I'm not P/D either.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Organized Chaos said:

Many times the fire doors to the cabin hallways are closed at embarkation. They used to have signs on them that said Platinum/Diamond/FTTF were allowed through, but I think they've done away with them. They weren't there last summer. But priority passengers who are given immediate cabin access (P/D/FTTF) are allowed through the doors.

If you don't have priority cabin access of any kind, I wouldn't recommend asking your steward if you can put your luggage in your cabin. They have a system to follow and if a lot of general boarding passengers did that, it'd create a big mess. And makes their job even harder during turn-around. They've got a lot of cabins to prep and it isn't very fair to them to have to work around your luggage. Not to mention, non-priority passengers aren't supposed to be in the halls anyway. I'm not trying to sound like I'm lecturing you. I'm not P/D either.

Yeah I think we may just check them. Oh well if we can’t unpack until later that evening. I appreciate the advice! Also, I’m 21 on VIFP points so being that Gold is 25 and I’m going on this 6 day cruise will I be considered Gold status from day one? (Not that it really matters other than I may get a second free bottle of water haha)

On 4/7/2019 at 5:49 PM, Gettys84 said:

We are on the 8 day and formal night is today (first sea day) and Friday, second sea day after leaving Aruba on Thursday. I have attached the menu for the second sea day. If anyone else wants menus of specific days let me know!  

343E63C9-1D30-4802-92E0-5B3BDFD679D0.png

Wow, it looks like a change from the tired American Table era. I sailed the Horizon on it's first southern Caribbean itinerary out of Miami last September and they still had the old menu. I don't remember seeing these choices. I'm hoping to do the exact cruise this September. I liked the ports of call that much and feel the few kinks of a first sailing will be ironed out. B TW, how's the linchtime Lido deck gelato station doing? I hope Carnival adds this across the board.

On 4/7/2019 at 3:13 PM, Gettys84 said:

I don’t feel like there are more lines than the fantasy class, dream class or Victory (can’t remember that class of ship). As some people have said the comedy club and main theater are smaller. Yes they are but we had 0 problems getting 4 seats front row balcony last night for the welcome aboard show. We got to the show about 15/20 minutes early. Watched bingo finish and had good seats. The people that post about worst experience ever seem a little drastic. This ship is BIG!  Lots of people on board but does not feel crowded. Makes me excited to see how it will be on the Martin gras October 31 next year. 50,000 extra ton in size and extra 1000 people. Should be awesome! 

First, THANK YOU for bringing us along on your cruise! ☺️  We are doing this same itinerary this November.

Second,   My husband and I will be on the Mardi Gras as well, Oct 31, 2020!   We were surprised today of the amenities and suite name change of our Excel Suite!

17 hours ago, Gettys84 said:

Will work on the evening activities a little later. We are about to head down to deck 5 to get some guys bbq. (We have a traeger grill at home...it’s584c206c2afbf29b8e0636f7c2ba17ca.jpg not the same but we sure as heck don’t have an ocean going by while we eat)

So glad I got pictures working again! Only bad thing is I can’t do videos. Maybe I will make a YouTube channel tonight and upload videos and link to them!

Also coming into Curaçao now!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nothing beat a Traeger

I have 2