Considering Celebrity

VTcruisenut

Hello all!  we have been on 7 Holland America cruises and our last one just didn't meet our expectations.  We have been told to check out Celebrity and I would like some feedback.

We aren't fond of the HUGE ships -  Which of the Celebrity ships might we enjoy?    What was your favorite itinerary?   How is the food?  and price wise how does Celebrity stack up against other lines?  Is there a way to get their "specials and pricing" or do you go thru a TA?   Thanks in advance!

What were your expectations?

what do you like to do?

will you book a suite?or an inside? Or?

your questions need focus.  

There’s no sense us recommending a great itinerary for, say, snorkeling if you don’t snorkel.  Or a place with great museums if you don’t like museums.

23 minutes ago, VTcruisenut said:

Hello all!  we have been on 7 Holland America cruises and our last one just didn't meet our expectations.  We have been told to check out Celebrity and I would like some feedback.

We aren't fond of the HUGE ships -  Which of the Celebrity ships might we enjoy?    What was your favorite itinerary?   How is the food?  and price wise how does Celebrity stack up against other lines?  Is there a way to get their "specials and pricing" or do you go thru a TA?   Thanks in advance!

Have you checked out X's website and looked at the ships info/status for number of passengers? Otherwise what do you consider huge?

You will find many of us here on this board enjoy X for many different reasons.. rather that be the service, passenger mix/demographics, food, staff, presentation aboard etc...

Please clarify a bit more what really would float your boat and expectations... there are three (3) classes of ships currently in X's fleet.

Welcome and bon voyage

1 hour ago, VTcruisenut said:

We sailed on HAL Koningsdam and enjoyed it very much. We consider the Koningsdam a similar level to Celebrity S class in terms of ship size, service, food etc, but I understand that Koningsdam is different from most previous HAL ships. It is bigger and more "modern". 

Overall, I think Princess, Celebrity and HAL are in the same category, and it's worth to try all three of them to see what you like the most.  

I think celebrity and hal are very similar, decent food , so so entertainment, not lots of children. What we love is celebrity suite perks which are way better than hal . Free drinks all day and a suite restaurant that is great.

2 minutes ago, dkjretired said:

Celebrity has a great cruise out of NJ going to Bermuda for three days in the summer.Ship is the Summit and just got out of dry dock after a major redo.

This is exactly what we are doing for our first Celebrity cruise.  Thanks for solidifying my choice!

Edited by chipperberg

The Koningsdam is quite a bit smaller than the S Class, but close ti the M Class. As been mentioned here, go onto Celebrity's web site, and get an idea of the different classes. You might also go on You Tube to see what they offer,