Pack and Play Ocean View Balcony Question

We are about to book a room on Harmony of the Seas for my sister in laws wedding. We are bringing our 1 year old and a pack and play for her to sleep in. When booking, for those who have had to use a pack and play before, should we ask for the bed near the balcony or when you first enter the room? Which way is better configured to fit a pack and play, or does it make no difference at all? Just trying to maximize the small space. We will be on deck 10 (since those are the rooms she has blocked off, not sure if that makes a difference). Thank you in advance! 

3 hours ago, Mallory215 said:

We are about to book a room on Harmony of the Seas for my sister in laws wedding. We are bringing our 1 year old and a pack and play for her to sleep in. When booking, for those who have had to use a pack and play before, should we ask for the bed near the balcony or when you first enter the room? Which way is better configured to fit a pack and play, or does it make no difference at all? Just trying to maximize the small space. We will be on deck 10 (since those are the rooms she has blocked off, not sure if that makes a difference). Thank you in advance! 

RCI provides a pack and play when we went in 2015 on Freedom.  Might want to see if they still do, unless you were already going to bring one for hotel usage.

• Like 1

RCI still provides the pack-n-play but you must request one and have it noted in your reservation booking. Bring a few fitted sheets...and certainly try for a cabin that has the bed by the bathroom (and remember RCI policy is you can book a cabin that will usually only accommodate two people if the 3rd person is an infant using a pack-n-play). Many have suggested using magnets and dark shower curtain hanging it from the (metal) ceiling to create a (visual) barrier.

Best of luck.

• Like 2

Pack and play near the balcony is the way to go so you can use the restroom at night. 

There are free sound machine apps for your phone that will help mask any sound you make from your side of the room while the infant sleeps. The worst feeling is waking up to cough and the infant realizes you are on the other side of the curtain.

• Like 1

Thank you all so much! I was going to use RCL pack and play and i'll make sure to bring sanitizing wipes and get a main bed near the bathroom. Great idea about a curtain to section off the space! I am so excited its been about 4 years since we went on a cruise which is way too long! 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Mallory215 said:

Thank you all so much! I was going to use RCL pack and play and i'll make sure to bring sanitizing wipes and get a main bed near the bathroom. Great idea about a curtain to section off the space! I am so excited its been about 4 years since we went on a cruise which is way too long! 

Not sure where your room is but most areas near the steps/elevators have a communal sitting area overlooking the centrum/promenade. You might get baby monitor reception depending how close your room is to this area. That way you can let your little one fall asleep with you out of the room provided you get reception.

General rule of thumb is find a connecting cabin near yours (if yours is not). Looking at the cabins from the hallway the connecting cabin on the left has the bed by the balcony. The one on the right has the bed by the balcony. The cabins switch back and forth between the configurations so go back and forth until you get to your cabin to see which you have.

If there is any different type of cabin (like a JS between balconies) or other non cabin something it can throw off the above "calculation", but otherwise it is pretty consistent.

10 hours ago, AlexisV said:

Does anyone have an easy way to see specific room configuration on any given ship? 

Nothing other than what ahs been posted here regarding balcony stateroom bed location on Oasis and Quantum class.