Purchasing Liquor on RCCL

We are cruising on RCCL next month for the first time in about 10 years. I see that they have certain bottles of liquor that can be purchased ahead of time for the cabin. Unfortunately what we drink is not shown. Once we board can we buy a bottle of crown royal for our cabin? Thanks in advance! 

18 minutes ago, Denversail said:

Nope. The bottles of what they do sell are tiny (picture is misleading). You'd be better off buying drinks at the bar and taking them back to your room. 

I wouldn't use the word "tiny".  A regular size bottle in the US is 750 ml.  These are half-size bottles.  375 ml.

But you can only buy what is on the Gifts page.

28 minutes ago, Denversail said:

Nope. The bottles of what they do sell are tiny (picture is misleading). You'd be better off buying drinks at the bar and taking them back to your room. 

Perfect. We have the drink package so we will do just that. Was on the phone with the Crown and Anchor rep earlier today and she said we could buy the Crown once on the ship but I was skeptical!  We secured Diamond status those long 10 years ago and just don’t know how things have changed....but will find out soon!

Thank you! 

2 hours ago, dydyhorn said:

Perfect. We have the drink package so we will do just that. Was on the phone with the Crown and Anchor rep earlier today and she said we could buy the Crown once on the ship but I was skeptical!  We secured Diamond status those long 10 years ago and just don’t know how things have changed....but will find out soon!

Thank you! 

They do sell duty free alcohol bottles in the shop, but they will keep them until usually the morning of debarkation, the same as if you bought alcohol in a port and brought it back.

13 hours ago, CaspianDrago said:

They do sell duty free alcohol bottles in the shop, but they will keep them until usually the morning of debarkation, the same as if you bought alcohol in a port and brought it back.

Yes, I remember back in the day when we could take the purchase to our cabin. Ahhhh, the good old days! Cheers! 🌴🚢🎰🥃😎

13 hours ago, CaspianDrago said:

Morning of, or night before? 

6 minutes ago, jaygee77 said:

Morning of, or night before? 

They deliver your alcohol the last night.  Unless of course you are on the Anthem and they don't actually take your bottle out of circulation and just resell it to the next person who comes in the shop.  I learned this past week that if their system shows a certain amount of inventory they don't actually pull the bottle you purchased.  They just put it back on the shelf.  Unfortunately they oversold a few bottles on the Anthem last week and screwed myself and at least 50 other people out of bottles.  

Edited by cruisinforabruising

7 minutes ago, cruisinforabruising said:

They deliver your alcohol the last night.  Unless of course you are on the Anthem and they don't actually take your bottle out of circulation and just resell it to the next person who comes in the shop.  I learned this past week that if their system shows a certain amount of inventory they don't actually pull the bottle you purchased.  They just put it back on the shelf.  Unfortunately they oversold a few bottles on the Anthem last week and screwed myself and at least 50 other people out of bottles.  

Sheesh, that sucks, and I'm sure they didn't take into account when they were purchased when delivering them.

4 minutes ago, ShillyShally said:

Sheesh, that sucks, and I'm sure they didn't take into account when they were purchased when delivering them.

Nope they did not.  1 of my other bottles that was not oversold was "lost" and they did not get me a replacement until well after my bags had already been taken.  I won't purchase from the shops anymore.  Especially since they are just vendors that RC uses and are not RC employees.  

6 minutes ago, cruisinforabruising said:

Nope they did not.  1 of my other bottles that was not oversold was "lost" and they did not get me a replacement until well after my bags had already been taken.  I won't purchase from the shops anymore.  Especially since they are just vendors that RC uses and are not RC employees.  

Ugh, good to know, thank you for sharing your experience.  We haven't bought in years on board but occasionally consider it (but usually forget until trip is over) so it sounds like we're better off for not bothering!

On one cruise I had totally forgotten to purchase my flavored rums (I make yummy rum cakes) so went the penultimate morning. They were very busy in the shop and just allowed everyone to take their purchases with them. Don’t know if this is the practice on all ships and, of course, you run the risk of having your selection solid out, but . . . .

• Like 1

4 hours ago, dydyhorn said:

Yes, I remember back in the day when we could take the purchase to our cabin. Ahhhh, the good old days! Cheers! 🌴🚢🎰🥃😎

Oh wow...how long ago were those "good old days"?  😮