Bottom line on spa prices

I was thinking about purchasing massages on the Enchantment in November.  Right now it looks like they are only $20 lower than on the ship, according on the menu someone posted on another ship.  Do they ever go lower than that?  Thanks in advance for the info!!

Depends on the ship, but they usually have some great specials.  If the spa isn't busy, they will offer massage and combo specials.  I never book beforehand and just wait for the specials.  

Go to the spa raffle on boarding day.  They usually offer a special at the end of that.  

One thing to be aware of because it happened to me, is that before the massage the therapist will go over the form you filled out and suggest other treatments and products and then afterwards hit you up for those things. I was bothered by this as all I wanted was a massage nothing else and not a bunch of sales pressure. Another cruiser posted on this forum what he does and works very well. On the form you fill out, put in big letters "No Product Sales." 

• Like 2

port days  will  pretty nearly always have a $99 special where you get 3 20 minute services from a list of about 5-6.  

they MIGHT offer a percentage off  for port days  on full services as well, but only if they have many open slots.   

it will almost certainly happen that  you book for X procure but after you arrive they tell you that you really need Y procedure at a significant increase in cost, toss on a very hard sell at the end, an automatic 20% gratuity and  insist you need to buy $500 worth of products to 'get the full benefit of your visit today'.

the actual services are fine, to very good.   but  for the price of one  50 minute massage on board, I can get a 90 and a 60 at home form my regular therapist who knows  what my trigger points are and how to  take care of my issues.  

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, nalatrixie74 said:

has anyone tried the free mini things they offer? im sorry i dont remember exactly what it's called. like a free ladies pamper thing? is it worth going to?

The pamper party won't tell you anything you don't know, they walk you thru skin care reguime with tiny squirts of their products. Usually there is some soft sell of their services and some money off deals for mini pamper massages for one price 

• Like 2

Recently on Anthem I splurged on a couples massage for us. booked on board so I picked a port day and got 10% discount, turned out that 10% was offered any time with my meager gold status anyhow. They would only give us the 10% period! while looking to book online before our cruise the cruise planner always said prices starting at_____! Could never find that price on line or on board. Our couples massage with hot stones 50 minutes ended up costing me $317 all in after tax and gratuity, would have been more if I caved in to pressure from my wife being pressured to buy more lotions and such.

On 4/9/2019 at 6:31 PM, Mvwingnut said:

Right now it looks like they are only $20 lower than on the ship

Advertised price on cruise planner did not match actual prices when I added to cart and selected date and time, go through the booking to see real prices to help you decide.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Mvwingnut said:

The cruise planner won't let me book two massages at the same time unless I book a couples massage.  I even called the 800 number and he could not help me either..

I am having the same issue.  We have a few people who want to get Swedish massages and I was told there is only one person who does each type of massage.  That's why I can't book more than one at the same time.  I read there are a lot of treatment rooms at the spa.  How is it possible you can't do two of the same massages at once?  If it was a couples massage there would be two massage therapists.  It makes no sense.

• Like 1

I ended up booking the couples massage so we can get them at the same time.  We just have to deal with being in the same room together, which is not that big of deal.  Not being able to book more than one at the same time does not make sense to me either.