Contact Info for overcharges on Final statement?

Sass4

On 4/13/2019 at 12:26 AM, ReneeFLL said:

When we had an issue with a purchase we weren't allowed to dispute part of the bill. The whole bill had to be refunded and the correct amount was then recharged.

My credit card company will allow you to dispute a partial charge if needed, but I've found with a recent issue with a vendor it is not as easy to do.  Which I appreciate in a way to help avoid erroneous ones but for us, it's a PITA!

On 4/12/2019 at 3:22 AM, ZoeyVictoria said:

$7 is the difference between the level of internet that the coupon covers and the “better” level.  

Yup.  When I bought a single day package the signup defaults to the Stream option and coupon automatically was applied.  Noticed this before buying, and changed to Surf generating a zero cost when I did the purchase.

Irritating that to get the other person's Diamond benefit had to create a new login for the other person and remember a different account name and password.  And couldn't use the same names on second half of B2B because network still knew the names from the first cruise. Also noticed that the package from the first cruise continued to work until nearly 10 PM after sailing.

39 minutes ago, LeeW said:

Yup.  When I bought a single day package the signup defaults to the Stream option and coupon automatically was applied.  Noticed this before buying, and changed to Surf generating a zero cost when I did the purchase.

Irritating that to get the other person's Diamond benefit had to create a new login for the other person and remember a different account name and password.  And couldn't use the same names on second half of B2B because network still knew the names from the first cruise. Also noticed that the package from the first cruise continued to work until nearly 10 PM after sailing.

The same password will work for both accounts, so I used my first name followed by “1”, then his first name followed by “2” for the usernames.  Much easier than trying to remember a new password, and the pattern is easy to follow.

On 4/12/2019 at 2:34 AM, pspercy said:

If the post-cruise RCL number doesn't help just call the credit card company and dispute the charge.

Do NOT do this -- disputing a charge with your credit card company should always be your ABSOLUTELY LAST RESORT.  There are SEVERAL different contacts that can be used before reaching that point.  You'll also have to affirm to the credit card company that you didn't receive the products, and you've said that you did.

When I had the problem with the pool towel charge last month, I just emailed a copy of my statement to royalguestrelations@rccl.com and I got a response back within a few days that it was taken care of.  

You can also call Crown and Anchor Society for help.  

15 minutes ago, brillohead said:

Do NOT do this -- disputing a charge with your credit card company should always be your ABSOLUTELY LAST RESORT.  There are SEVERAL different contacts that can be used before reaching that point.  You'll also have to affirm to the credit card company that you didn't receive the products, and you've said that you did.

When I had the problem with the pool towel charge last month, I just emailed a copy of my statement to royalguestrelations@rccl.com and I got a response back within a few days that it was taken care of.  

You can also call Crown and Anchor Society for help.  

Disagree.  Give them one chance to make it right, if unsuccessful, dispute the charge.  It’s your right.  Let the cruise line fight with the cc company.  I’m pretty sure, even if they find in the cruise lines favor, they get hit with a service charge somehow.  

19 minutes ago, Sam Ting said:

Disagree.  Give them one chance to make it right, if unsuccessful, dispute the charge.  It’s your right.  Let the cruise line fight with the cc company.  I’m pretty sure, even if they find in the cruise lines favor, they get hit with a service charge somehow.  

Every single consumer advocacy group advises otherwise.  Disputing is a Last Resort Only.

Also, disputing a charge can get you on the banned list.  Not advisable.  

1 hour ago, brillohead said:

Every single consumer advocacy group advises otherwise.  Disputing is a Last Resort Only.

Especially if you want to use that credit card on another Royal Caribbean cruise.

1 hour ago, brillohead said:

Yeah sure. What banned list?  The imaginary one?  They should reverse the charge in the same amount of time it takes them to charge it. 

15 minutes ago, Sam Ting said:

Yeah sure. What banned list?  The imaginary one?  They should reverse the charge in the same amount of time it takes them to charge it. 

They always end up refunding the mistake. Certainly no need to dispute charges which has already been said is a last resort

Edited by cruisinfanatic