Contact Info for overcharges on Final statement?

Sass4

2 hours ago, pspercy said:

If the post-cruise RCL number doesn't help just call the credit card company and dispute the charge.

That's going to be hard as they tend to charge as one large bill at the end . I don't think you can dispute part of a charge.

This is why you check the final statement before you disembark and make sure you know what you should be givens back as a refund on your credit card or as a cheque

23 minutes ago, Sass4 said:

I am not really sure what you are saying? I am Diamond which gives you 24 hours of free internet.

there are 2 levels of intermet. The diamond coupon covers the lesser one which is not good for streaming, but fine for most everything else. You chose the one that costs more.

As for the photos, you definitely got a receipt. Does it say zero charge?

6 hours ago, DDG 41 said:

That's going to be hard as they tend to charge as one large bill at the end . I don't think you can dispute part of a charge.

This is why you check the final statement before you disembark and make sure you know what you should be givens back as a refund on your credit card or as a cheque

You can dispute the whole amount and they will credit that amount and charge you the correct amount once they figure it out.  

38 minutes ago, Sass4 said:

You don't have to tell them you are using a coupon as it is automatically loaded on your sea pass card.

Yes but when you order a photo, you are specifically asked whether or not to apply the coupon. If you don’t apply the coupon, you will be charged. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, DDG 41 said:

I can dispute part of a charge but it still may be a PITA route to take!

8 minutes ago, blackshirt said:

Yes but when you order a photo, you are specifically asked whether or not to apply the coupon. If you don’t apply the coupon, you will be charged. 

Yep when we bought something in the shop they asked if we wanted to apply the coupon, it isn't automatically applied.

During my last cruise, I specifically told them I wanted to apply my discount for my free photo. They were prepared to charge me for it.

That's the one Diamond perk I find you have to be extremely vocal about or you will get charged.

Edited by Virtopia

42 minutes ago, Virtopia said:

During my last cruise, I specifically told them I wanted to apply my discount for my free photo. They were prepared to charge me for it.

That's the one Diamond perk I find you have to be extremely vocal about or you will get charged.

Same here, plus once they told us that we could not use our free photo coupon if the photo was not one of us.

12 hours ago, ShillyShally said:

I can dispute part of a charge but it still may be a PITA route to take!

When we had an issue with a purchase we weren't allowed to dispute part of the bill. The whole bill had to be refunded and the correct amount was then recharged.

2 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

When we had an issue with a purchase we weren't allowed to dispute part of the bill. The whole bill had to be refunded and the correct amount was then recharged.

interesting.  We had an erroneous towel charge for $25 and they were able to credit that amount.

Just now, Host Clarea said:

interesting.  We had an erroneous towel charge for $25 and they were able to credit that amount.

Sorry I didn't word it correctly. This was when the company (not Royal) wouldn't respond to emails or phone calls. They finally re-issued the bill with the correct amount after Visa sided with us.

1 minute ago, ReneeFLL said:

Sorry I didn't word it correctly. This was when the company (not Royal) wouldn't respond to emails or phone calls. They finally re-issued the bill with the correct amount after Visa sided with us.

Gotcha.

23 hours ago, Sass4 said:

I am not really sure what you are saying? I am Diamond which gives you 24 hours of free internet.

I think you got the Streaming internet which is higher priced than the standard internet.  I know when I signed in for my free internet, I clicked on Streaming and realized that I would be charged something so I signed out immediately.  I explained my error to guest services and I was told I wasn't charged because I was on for too short a time.

I then sign in again to the cheaper internet service and wasn't charged.  

10 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

Same here, plus once they told us that we could not use our free photo coupon if the photo was not one of us.

They always tell us that. When my family of 5 travels I have to be careful how I apply the coupons if some phtotos are group and some are singles.

Thank you all for all your help. I am BEYOND annoyed!

Do you want a photo for free using your perk or do you want to pay for it? Seriously? It just is totally deceiving!

I didn't notice any options for the internet to chose from.  I guess my mistake, but after spending over $10k for a vacation these little piddley ass charges are just the icing on the cake. 

24 minutes ago, Sass4 said:

Do you want a photo for free using your perk or do you want to pay for it? Seriously? It just is totally deceiving!

I don’t understand what is deceiving about it. We’ve never had an issue getting our free photos. I guess that’s because we made sure at the time we either ordered or picked up the photo that the free photo coupon was applied and that there were no charges and didn’t just assume there weren’t.