For Loyalists/Cheerleaders What is likely your breaking point?

rxlowry

6 hours ago, JamieLogical said:

I felt like I might be approaching my breaking point back in January when our 11-Day Encore Inaugural Transatlantic from Southampton to Miami with a stop in the Azores was changed to a 9-Day from Southampton to NYC with no stops. The idea of such a northerly route in November did not appeal to us at all. Plus info on pricing discounts was slow in coming. Ultimately, the price reductions were very significant, but we still opted to cancel. We had planned to take two weeks off of work for the trip and the associated travel expenses were high. So, instead we determined we'd take two 7-day cruises including our first sailing on MSC (remember, we were feeling a bit jaded about NCL at this point).

However, since booking our sailing on the MSC Seaside, we have experienced their horrendous customer service. Any communication with them seems to just get lost down a black hole and nothing ever gets resolved. It's a wonder anyone ever successfully manages to make it on board one of their ships when just booking is this much of a hassle. So instead of reaching our breaking point with NCL, we have now reached our breaking point with MSC. We are canceling our September sailing with them and going on the Breakaway instead.

that's a shame, we are looking into MSC but if customer service is that appalling it gives us pause. I will go to our TA and ask her opinion.

2 hours ago, spanishguy1970 said:

that's a shame, we are looking into MSC but if customer service is that appalling it gives us pause. I will go to our TA and ask her opinion.

Some folks on the MSC boards have said it's much better if you book through a TA. Unfortunately we did not.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, JamieLogical said:

Some folks on the MSC boards have said it's much better if you book through a TA. Unfortunately we did not.

I booked MSC through an online TA.  Took the headaches of booking via MSC and put them with the TA.  The downside, the TA couldn’t get any more timely info than I could, which was still frustrating!

28 minutes ago, JamieLogical said:

I booked MSC through an online TA.  Took the headaches of booking via MSC and put them with the TA.  The downside, the TA couldn’t get any more timely info than I could, which was still frustrating!

True cheerleaders know that (company X, Y, Z) can't do anything wrong, because the quality of a given cruise is dictated solely by your own attitude. No blame can attach to (company X, Y, Z).

Therefore, there is no such thing as a breaking point. All quality issues are either your fault due to not trying hard enough to have a good attitude, or issues that don't really affect anyone, especially not the cheerleader. 

Edited by perditax
  • Haha 1

As a Platnuime Plus cruiser.

My breaking point came when FDR said he wanted to get rid of the discount cruiser.

I will not spend my money where I’m not wanted!

Now even today’s $299 p.p. 7 day Bermuda cruise price won’t get us back.

Maybe when franks gone we will book 4/5 cruises a year again, but not now..

P.S.

frank may not want us, but, he does need us.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, perditax said:

All quality issues are either your fault due to not trying hard enough to have a good attitude, or issues that don't really affect anyone, especially not the cheerleader. 

Hmm...that's quite simplistic...Zen, even.  But I think the Getaway folks on their upcoming TA may take exception to this assessment.  

Edited by Georgia_Peaches

3 hours ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Hmm...that's quite simplistic...Zen, even.  But I think the Getaway folks on their upcoming TA may take exception to this assessment.  

(For what it’s worth, it was satire. I think it’s nuts and insulting to tell people that they should just think happy thoughts after giving a couple grand to a billion-dollar corporation and receiving a subpar product.)

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, perditax said:

(For what it’s worth, it was satire. I think it’s nuts and insulting to tell people that they should just think happy thoughts after giving a couple grand to a billion-dollar corporation and receiving a subpar product.)

So sorry...hard to tell sometimes...so easy to get lost in translation.

• Like 1