Symphony 4/13 Live-ish review

On 4/16/2019 at 1:00 PM, PopeyeDaSailor said:

My son won't turn 12 until half way through our cruise and he's a bit immature (aren't all boys?)

I am substantially older than 12, and I can second this emotion. 😁

--bruce T.

P. S.  I don't have abs... I have abnormalities.

• Haha 1

Oh one other question~~~[emoji16] Do you know if you can use your gold starbucks card or from the app on your phone?  I know you could use the card on some of the other ships but not get stars.  Just wondering if things have changed.

Thank You

Liz[emoji253]

You can definitely pay with your app. I don’t know if you earn stars or can use them - but you can pay with your linked card for sure!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Cel_cruise said:

You can definitely pay with your app. I don’t know if you earn stars or can use them - but you can pay with your linked card for sure!

Wonderful!!Thank you!  Hope you're having a great evening!

Liz💐

2 hours ago, Cel_cruise said:

Hi 
Thank you so much for the show schedule.  I;m hoping it wont change too much come Judy.

I have it all mapped out, but just waiting to board the ship to hopefully get a 6:30/7pm dinner ressie.  Can't eat late anymore.[emoji52]

Love Jaime's and cant wait to go back.  Glad to hear its as good as ever. Thanks so much for the pics.  Looks delicious.

How adorable is that little girl in the candy store pic[emoji3526]

Sorry you couldn't enjoy your balcony.  Especially on a sea day when most people would want to enjoy their balconies. Poor planning on Royal.

Thank you again for your wonderful review.  I have appreciated all the info you have given.  Have a great rest of your cruise.
  Not sure where you;re from but Its been a cold gray rainy day here in CT .   Enjoy the sun, surf and sand!

Looking forward to what you think of the new COco Cay  Theme park LOL. 
We have a bungalow booked and if you get a chance would you be able to tell me they are situated.  We haven't been to Coco Cay in probably 10 years when there was nothing but beach and loungers.[emoji1787]

Have a great day tomorrow!
Thank you

Liz[emoji253]

Hi Liz -

Thanks for following along!!

My daughter was awe struck when she saw those desserts in the Solarium bistro today! As if she hasn’t been seeing amazing desserts all week!

And sending warm thoughts to you in CT! I grew up on the shoreline and my son is spending the week there! Now we live in MA...

Unfortunately - we are not going to be going to Coco Cay. Symphonh will be spending tomorrow in Nassau - but my daughter and I will not be getting off the ship! We didn’t love Nassau and now that the day is really short we just want to chill out.

We hope to get a seat at the pool, relax, do some mini golfing etc..

Today we got to the rock wall and abyss - both were fun!

• Like 1

Our team came in 3rd for Quest...I am not totally sure how we lost to Team 7, but it was fun anyway!

This was the first quest I had been to that had video replay - which I thought was fabulous!!! Definitely adds to the entertainment!

At the end - CD Mike mentioned that we were one of the smallest Quest groups that he has had in the last 4 weeks - he suspects because there are almost 2000 kids who needed tending too (and 1000 guests from Mexico on board that have not attended much this week and I know that the MA Focus Group is on board too and they also might have other priorities!) but that we exceeded all others in enthusiasm since he is back...and everyone was pretty into it!

• Like 1

Formal Night 2 / MDR Lobster Night

Surprise! We went to the MDR for dinner again! Honestly - I have been blown away by the food there this week - so much better than my last few cruises!

I started with the French Onion Soup - OMGEEE - why haven’t I been getting this every night!

17214ac83ad5c0163be8842c0149681a.jpg

Tonight was the night they thanked the staff and made them walk around a bit etc..

For my entree I choose to make a surf and turf by adding a tail to the tenderloin. I ordered mine cooked medium and it was very good.

4d4d6971e5e1fb3c65d4c638b997b865.jpg

No pictures of dessert tonight - but it was not a winner...pineapple upside down cake was really dry and the Molton Lava Cake didn’t have any molton lava....skip them and get the brownie sundae from the kids menu!

• Like 1

We are approaching Nassau for our waste of a day...arrival at 10:00 /debark at 10:30 and all aboard by 3:30...#lame. Wish I had taken out the Nationwide insurance that would have paid for adjustments to ports of call! This was much longer when we originally booked!

It’s currently 8:30am...Looks like a few ships are already in port..

807de51d1258eccdaaea18c453bc5701.jpg

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Cel_cruise said:

We are approaching Nassau for our waste of a day...arrival at 10:00 /debark at 10:30 and all aboard by 3:30...#lame. Wish I had taken out the Nationwide insurance that would have paid for adjustments to ports of call! This was much longer when we originally booked!

It’s currently 8:30am...Looks like a few ships are already in port..

807de51d1258eccdaaea18c453bc5701.jpg

May I ask what you mean about the insurance adjustment? We bought the insurance through the cruise line. Is that eligible for an adjustment? We are on a different sailing but the same itinerary where originally when we booked we were scheduled to be there longer and now it's the same as you. P.S. Great review!

6 minutes ago, flcruising89 said:

May I ask what you mean about the insurance adjustment? We bought the insurance through the cruise line. Is that eligible for an adjustment? We are on a different sailing but the same itinerary where originally when we booked we were scheduled to be there longer and now it's the same as you. P.S. Great review!

Some travel insurance policies will let you file a claim for changes in itinerary or missing a port, even if you get compensation from the cruiseline (OBC, etc.).  Unfortunately, not everyone is eligible for this type of coverage for some reason.  I know for sure Florida residents are excluded.

26 minutes ago, AshleyDillo said:

Some travel insurance policies will let you file a claim for changes in itinerary or missing a port, even if you get compensation from the cruiseline (OBC, etc.).  Unfortunately, not everyone is eligible for this type of coverage for some reason.  I know for sure Florida residents are excluded.

Okay not worth looking into then as we’re Florida residents. Thanks for the info!

• Like 1

Did you bring your daughter?  My kids want to do this. 

I did not bring my daughter - she went to the kids club. I would NOT recommend it for kids - it’s definitely adult content. Questions like ‘show me a form of birth control’, string together as many woman’s bras as you can in 90 seconds, bring me 5 men’s pants (which the owners then have to collect).

There were some teens there. At the entrance I did see an adult have to claim them to get them in.

• Like 1

Check out the prime pool real estate at 10:20am today!!

Sports pool
938808ec8a16443fb11f960465bf0419.jpg

Main pool
364ddb9bcbeb1ae7d96e28d1f6adb7a8.jpg

We grabbed a spot front row at the main pool - figured it’s closer to the water slides than the sports pool we have been hanging out at!

• Like 1

Solarium Bistro for breakfast today!

They have all of the kids breakfast favorites (waffles, pancakes, French toast, donuts), plus omelet station, hot cereals, international buffet items and lots of fruit!

f529f661b74bf932370f207abfb43d2f.jpg

17bac0572d8d0fa37a83d1ab895dc9c9.jpg

409a0386e5e4787d8ada851c14a83b48.jpg

096b213b695a67af74c2537a4812daa4.jpg
25c4dcd0705ccb2c15512190d172fbde.jpg

db4b1bb6721b740334304604b540d5ac.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

It’s starting to pick up at the pool deck - in multiple senses of the word! There are still chairs left but filling in and the band is playing...

It’s SOOOO windy though - we have chased flip flops and towels a few times as the wind has been picking them up.

That’s when I noticed this great towel clip approach!

493c85fc287b491baddb260b267e2fc2.jpg

It’s like a giant scrunchy for your chair!

A bit ago one of the kids came and put his shirt in the scrunchy too!

0d64a15ddab1d88ad6e730721c6af360.jpg

I have already asked my daughter to make me some for summer!! Easy to wash and they won’t crack if someone steps on them in the bag!!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Your review is amazing!!! Thanks so much--especially for the food pix. I'm really hungry now!!  Ok everyone, I need those chair scrungies!! Any ideas where to buy them? Michael's? AC Moore?

I looked earlier and see them on Etsy ..lots of patterns to choose from!

https://www.etsy.com/listing/523663495/umbrella-beach-chair-beach-towel

• Like 3

I really should be packing but I am not in the mood so let me tell you about El Loco Fresh...I [emoji3590]this place!!

First - has hand washing stations..
Second - it’s fast but custom
Third - it tastes great
Fourth (do we even need a fourth?) - The quesadillas are THE BEST!!

9e40daaeba7591073a3142c7e14815b1.jpg

f6e6582874869eccfa9908556118e9d3.jpg

0c8f576a4bef8f9a1f5fe484c6d96587.jpg

After Quesadillas and Pre-made Burritos, we have Nacho chips with nacho cheese and chili if desired.

09528f51d36d6f2d2d1633f6a62f35ca.jpg

Then we have the ‘make a bowl or burrito’ station...with chicken, beef, pork, rice and beans.

0edf373ccddbd887f8160fce4161b2c4.jpg

After that we have toppings bar - I have no picture of this..total fail there - but it’s got salsa and pico and Guac and salsa verde and pickled onions and cheese and cilantro ..and some different types of sauces with heat..

There is also a fruit, dessert and pre-mad salad area.. the desserts were not inspiring - we had the tres leches and the chocolate tres leches...

c5144d93ef2474674431f801952ab556.jpg

And lastly - the beverage area!
7547e7f7ba4646ac4fd62ba7811dbba4.jpg

Having the beverage area so close to the teen center seems like it would be a great thing! In general - the location of the teen center near this and all of the activities is really a great set up for them! And makes it so they don’t have to run all over the ship!

• Like 1