Final Payment

GigiK

If anyone could answer - How can you tell on the Royal Caribbean website that they have received your final payment? Or can you? As of now on the website, it still says Pay Remaining Balance (grayed out and not clickable). I expected that to change to Paid or something?

Also, I called to confirm payment, and sadly found out that they will not confirm payment if you used a travel agent, which was an unpleasant surprise. I understood that they won't make changes to your reservation if you used a travel agent, but didn't ever think that they also would not even confirm payment. I thought they would be able to say paid or not paid. Surely they know? That is just weird.

Thanks for any help and have a great day. :)

14 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Ask your travel agent for a copy if Royals guest booking invoice. 

Thank you! I didn't know what to ask for. She just keeps telling us she paid it, but didn't send any kind of documentation, so even though I knew they didn't do anything with the reservations, I thought that after it was paid that they could say so, but nope. I guess a lot of people think that because they weren't very nice about it at all.

Also, will the website change after it is paid? Tomorrow is the 90 days. Will the Online Check In tab become active? Or will the Pay Remaining Balance change at all? Or can you even check in online using the website because the reservation is in the travel agent's hands?

I seriously wish we had not used a travel agent. We saved no money by using the travel agent and added lots of aggravation.

Edited by GigiK

1 minute ago, GigiK said:

Thank you! I didn't know what to ask for. She just keeps telling us she paid it, but didn't send any kind of documentation, so even though I knew they didn't do anything with the reservations, I thought that after it was paid that they could say so, but nope. I guess a lot of people think that because they weren't very nice about it at all.

Also, will the website change after it is paid? Tomorrow is the 90 days. Will the Online Check In tab become active? Or will the Pay Remaining Balance change at all? Or can you even check in online using the website because the reservation is in the travel agent's hands?

I seriously wish we had not used a travel agent. We saved no money by using the travel agent and added lots of aggravation.

I can’t recall but as you used a TA I don’t believe that the website will change. 

3 minutes ago, Holmie said:

Also, if I get an email every time I make any kind of payment. I would assume going through a Ta, he/she should have gotten the email and should be able to share with you. 

Ta’s do not get automatic invoices or e mails for making payments.  They can request them but they are not automatic.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

5 minutes ago, Holmie said:

In my experience, when it’s gray and can no longer be clicked, it’s paid off. 

Thank you for answering. It went gray as soon as we switched the reservation to a TA, a huge mistake!

3 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

As the OP used a TA that button would have always been greyed out as they would not be able to make payments.

Yes. When we switched it (well, them as there are two), it went gray. We switched because we thought a TA would help us to watch for price drops, which never happened. I mean there might have been, but our price didn't change.

And if anybody knows - Because we used a TA, will we also not be able to use the check in online feature as well?

I read these boards sometimes, so I know you guys *hate* all these newbie type questions, but I really appreciate any answers or perspectives. Thanks!

• Like 1

Are you able to print a set sail pass?  If so, perhaps that would be an indication that it has been paid? 

Edit to add:  I just noticed that tomorrow is 90 days out, so then you should be able to print the set sail pass.

Edited by Bee Guy
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, GigiK said:

Yes. When we switched it (well, them as there are two), it went gray. We switched because we thought a TA would help us to watch for price drops, which never happened. I mean there might have been, but our price didn't change.

And if anybody knows - Because we used a TA, will we also not be able to use the check in online feature as well?

I read these boards sometimes, so I know you guys *hate* all these newbie type questions, but I really appreciate any answers or perspectives. Thanks!

I’ve never used a TA but I do remember my parents sending all our info to theirs when we were kids, so I’m pretty sure they have to do the check in too

Did you use a credit card?  Do you do online banking so that you can  check your credit card bill to see if there is a charge to the cruise line?  If I didn't get a confirmation, that's what I would do.

If I saw the charge posted or pending, it is paid.  Simple solution.  

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, katiel53 said:

Did you use a credit card?  Do you do online banking so that you can  check your credit card bill to see if there is a charge to the cruise line?  If I didn't get a confirmation, that's what I would do.

If I saw the charge posted or pending, it is paid.  Simple solution.  

Thanks for responding! The charge has been taken out but to the TA not the cruise line. That is the sticking point. We made final payment last week which was debited, but now we are kind of in limbo. We are going to request the Royal Guest Booking Invoice mentioned above.

18 minutes ago, GigiK said:

Yes, you will still be able to do your on line check in

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Bee Guy said:

Are you able to print a set sail pass?  If so, perhaps that would be an indication that it has been paid? 

Edit to add:  I just noticed that tomorrow is 90 days out, so then you should be able to print the set sail pass.

Thank you for replying. I was kind of thinking that as well, but if we can't check in online because we used a TA, then we will still be stuck with the grayed out buttons even if it has been paid.

2 minutes ago, molsonschooner said:

we use a TA. I always do our on line check in. 

Thank you! The last cruise we went on was years ago and the whole online vs TA situation wasn't even a thing.

Just now, GigiK said:

Thank you for replying. I was kind of thinking that as well, but if we can't check in online because we used a TA, then we will still be stuck with the grayed out buttons even if it has been paid.

Using a TA will not prevent you from doing online check in.

1 minute ago, Saman said:

I am in Europe and booked direct ,i received a reminder about payment and was told when paid i would receive my sail pass etc , 3 days after i paid sail pass was available on the app . 

Thank you! And I fully plan for that to be us next time if this all works out. 🙂 Book it directly through the website and just keep an eye on it.

Many times, you may not get a reminder from your TA to do online check in, book shows or excursions, until about 30 days before the cruise.

Hopefully, you have started that process at your 90 day check in, or before. Otherwise, some times may be gone.

I would hope your TA got you some perks, over and above what Royal offers. If not, it is time to find a new TA.

Past Reviews post 184

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, GigiK said:

Thanks for responding! The charge has been taken out but to the TA not the cruise line. That is the sticking point. We made final payment last week which was debited, but now we are kind of in limbo. We are going to request the Royal Guest Booking Invoice mentioned above.

I would be worried then too.  I will not use an agency that has the charge made out to the agency instead of the cruise line.  I'm sure you didn't know that initially, so I understand your concern.  Years ago I used an agency that employed a friend.  I found out that when things were charged to the agency, the owner floated the money and many times didn't pay for tour company or cruise line until they said they were going to cancel the reservation.  My friend only worked there a short period of time after she realized what was going on, so now I only use large agencies that have the charges charged to the cruise line, not the agency.

I know the cruise line won't talk to customers using an agency, but I wonder if you called and asked for a supervisor and explained what happened, if they could tell you without telling you, if you know what I mean.  Somehow asking them if you need to be worried about FP might allow them to say yes or no.  Good luck and for sure, don' t use that agency again, lol.  It's not worth the stress.