Packing Help

Bsanr

My husband and I will be cruising Norway & Iceland this July for 14 nights with Princess. We have 8 ports stops, 4 in each country and the rest are sea days. 

I am trying to figure out what/how to pack. We will be coming from summer in California where our daily temperatures at that time will be 90-100+. 

Any helpful tips on what we will need?

thanks!!

Layers.  It could be cool and wet, or warm and sunny.  I found the ship to be cooler than I was expecting, and finally bought a second light sweater as I was tired of wearing the same one every night.  We're from Texas and are not used to the cool that much.

Sturdy shoes for cobblestones. That area had the tallest ones I've ever seen - more like picking your way across a stream stone to stone than a paved street.

Agree. Discussed here frequently...it is all about layers. We sailed the Baltic in a similar time frame, and it was near record high temps...upper 80s, low 90s. But once we went outside of the Baltic to Norway, and eventually the British Isles, the jacket came out.

Layers, comfortable walking shoes, visor or hat for sun, light weight day pack, small collapsible umbrella, to name a few items we always pack. Both my husband & I pack a pair of convertible pants. Can be handy to wear the shorts portion if coming from warm climate. Zip on bottom portion when needed. Many come with roomy side pockets which come in handy. Public areas on ship can be cool so definitely a sweater. I also pack a shawl that I can throw over my shoulders. Just before you leave, check the 10 day weather forecast for the various ports & that should also give you an idea of what to pack.

Layers, excellent walking shoes (especially if you plan to do any hiking- have good ones... and make them as waterproof as possible), rain coat....

On some boats in the fjords I was most comfortable wearing ear warmers and gloves on deck... but I get cold... AND I want to be outside... so I bundle up.

Layers are important - I’ll recommend rainproof windbreaker/rain jacket - you might also consider gloves. Temperature might be everything between 40 to 80 F - and do expect rain - in Bergen it is raining 20 out of 30 days in both June and July.

and a worm hat - not only to protect your head for the sun but also keeping your head warm.

Edited by hallasm
  • Like 1