Royal Princess Disco Pool Party

EagleRockers

5 minutes ago, eaglerockers@msn.com said:

I remember a Disco Pool Party on some of my past Princess cruises. I'm going to be on the Royal next week and was wondering if they hold such an event? Don't want to bring my '70s disco shirt if there's no party.:classic_unsure:

wear it on formal night to the mdr .. don't forget your boogie shoes ... shake , shake, shake ...

• Haha 1

They did on my Caribbean cruise in 2017. DJ set up at the Retreat Pool. Unless it is an unseasonably cool night you will be sweating through your disco shirt; after a few rounds of drinks a lot of the guys were shirtless, and some ended up thrown in the pool. It essentially became a frat party as guys outnumbered girls easily five to one. Hopefully will do better on the west coast--but wouldn't the deck party possibly be Mexican-themed out there? Perhaps someone who has been on very recently will answer.

Edited by fishywood
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, jmelnick said:

On the April 6 sailing, the one deck party was pretty much just line dancing.

This also happened on my recent cruise on the Majestic Princess...staff just wanted everyone to follow them in line dancing...it was pretty lame. 

I am on the Royal right now. Deck party was on Puerto Vallarta night. But there was also 70's music in the Piazza a few more times with the band Xcite. Not all line dancing but there was a conga line and limbo. Let me look at the patters..

There is a Love Boat disco deck party in Princess' inventory of deck parties. If they have it it is nice. We had one on the Emerald this past February. No need to pack any special clothing, wear whatever you normally wear. Very few, if any, passengers wear period clothing for the themed parties.

They used to hold the Love Boat Disco Deck Party,which was excellent, but lately it isn’t called Disco Deck Party, it had another name last week.  

Regarding the line dancing, that annoys us so much, because we just want to dance! This happened a lot in the atrium last week, too.  Not all of us know all these line dances , and EVERyTHING was a line dance.  I get that the Hustle needs to be a line dance, but since I haven’t done the Hustle since 1976, I was rusty! LOL

The cruise director and his staff were a lot of fun, but I believe they’re out of touch with what a lot of us want, and the assumption is that we all love line dancing and that we all know how to do the Cupid Shuffle, et cet.  Well, what I would appreciate would be more dance classes onboard, line or other, to show us all how to do these.  Yes, I realize they teach some of these dances, but frankly, I don’t see nearly as many classes offered like in the past. 

This is really the first cruise that I can remember where everything turned into a line dance (not counting the ballroom dances)