LGBT Cruise Youtubers

RoyalVisit

my favorites are Cruise with Ben and David......they are based in London.   They do very funny cruise related videos of all lines, not just a select few.   

Whether or not you are disabled, Cruising with Wheels also do some crazy vids and will sometimes focus on cruisers with disabilities.

Both of these you tubers do not solicit at all and will give you good info on each line from their viewpoints.

dave

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

BoosCruize are new to the scene, but also worth watching. I refuse, however, to watch those that just focus on Atlantis cruises.  ::shudders:: I already feel bad enough about my body. haha

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

I find the gay cruise YouTubers seem to ham it up with the campiness and find it too irritating to watch.

I am not sure if they add anything either as they are not focusing the videos on gay cruisers they are aiming at them at everyone or maybe women who love a camp guy telling them how fabulous things are. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

We sort of follow Cruise with Ben and David as they can be entertaining but I have to agree with Clay Clayton, you don't get any form of balanced view as they literally will not say anything negative at all in case they miss out on some freebies!!  We do also like Chadcruisers, I think they're from Toronto and their videos are quite good.

• Like 6

• 1 month later...
On 5/13/2019 at 8:56 AM, mab4285 said:

BoosCruize are new to the scene, but also worth watching. I refuse, however, to watch those that just focus on Atlantis cruises.  ::shudders:: I already feel bad enough about my body. haha

Just came across this and thank you so much for including BoosCruize in this discussion. LGBT Cruise/Travel vlogs seems to be few and far between! Feel privileged to be able to share our travels! ❤️🛳

• Like 5

• 5 months later...
On 1/14/2020 at 11:54 PM, thebradleyobrien said:

Thank you guys for mentioning our channel, it’s really touching to know that people enjoy our videos 😊🥰 

- Brad & Chris (chadcruisers)

Since posting back in June we have become big fans, really loved your recent Regal Vlog's - thank you for sharing your travels.

Mike & Andy

• Like 2

• 1 year later...
On 5/9/2019 at 11:20 PM, Clay Clayton said:

Also a fan of Ben and David but have to say I put less stock in their opinions since they started accepting complimentary cruises from the various lines.  

We have enjoyed watching Ben and David for a while but it gets a bit repetitive after a while. Once they have shown you their suite and "look at that David. They provide coat hangers". Ooo ahh I have never eaten this before or never have I swam in a pool before....etc.

Ben and David have also started to do in video promotions which along with the advertising immediately makes me change to something else.

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

Tips for Travelers with Gary Bembridge is very good.  He discusses a lot of different cruise lines.

I like Ben & David too, but more for entertainment than for tips about which cruise lines to consider (they recommend MSC, even though they clearly did not like the food on a recent episode).

Edited by DenGNNJ
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

On 8/13/2021 at 6:21 AM, DenGNNJ said:

Tips for Travelers with Gary Bembridge is very good.  He discusses a lot of different cruise lines.

Same here.  He is amazingly knowledgeable.  Although his content is not gay-centric per se, which is fine for me, I would not go on a gay theme cruise or charter, but keep that in mind if you do. 

• Like 4

Definitely like Gary as well - very informative about lots of lines and topics and tells you what's good and what's not. Got tired of Ben and David for the same reasons as others have alluded to - everything is a gushing over-reaction and it gets boring quickly.

We've also started watching cruise monkeys (Luke and Gav) who are quite good fun.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

So I'm actually a big fan of Ben and David's videos. I actively like the boundless enthusiasm / occasional silliness, though I appreciate that's not for everyone.

I probably wouldn't go to them for reviews - this isn't a particular dig at them but I'm sceptical of most YouTubers because they have to stay close to the cruise lines to get the access they want. They typically aren't very critical but I suppose I've learned to read between the lines.

However I enjoy their cruise vlogs - they're very good at capturing the excitement of cruises and showing what they can be, particularly to people who haven't cruised before. Equally the sheer production quality of their ship tour videos is a cut above most other cruise YouTubers - and also pretty consistent, meaning that you can use them to compare the look and feel of different ships.

In terms of who I *trust*, it's probably Gary Bembridge. His videos aren't particularly glitzy (though I've noticed he's relaxed into his YouTube persona over time) but his tips are based on real experience and you sense that, even if he does accept press trips etc., he's not dependent on those and so doesn't come across as beholden to the cruise lines. I noticed that particularly on Twitter he's notably absent from the usual cruise YouTuber fawning whenever a cruise line announces anything. He seems to be more capable of taking a step back and analysing things critically.

• Like 6

On 8/15/2021 at 7:08 PM, beardedladies said:

Definitely like Gary as well - very informative about lots of lines and topics and tells you what's good and what's not. Got tired of Ben and David for the same reasons as others have alluded to - everything is a gushing over-reaction and it gets boring quickly.

We've also started watching cruise monkeys (Luke and Gav) who are quite good fun.

Awww thank you for the mention! Our vlogs are just us having fun and sharing our holiday, so always good to hear others find them fun 😀

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, GP&LK said:

Awww thank you for the mention! Our vlogs are just us having fun and sharing our holiday, so always good to hear others find them fun 😀

We always enjoy your videos and look forward to seeing your recent Brintannia trip!

Though we have no idea how you make it through to 2am 😀 ... we must be getting old

• Like 2

On 8/17/2021 at 6:11 PM, GP&LK said:

You're welcome, it's always good to watch people enjoying themselves. You would definitely drink us under the table though!

• Like 1

On 8/16/2021 at 6:19 AM, muchofamuchness said:

So I'm actually a big fan of Ben and David's videos. I actively like the boundless enthusiasm / occasional silliness, though I appreciate that's not for everyone.

I probably wouldn't go to them for reviews - this isn't a particular dig at them but I'm sceptical of most YouTubers because they have to stay close to the cruise lines to get the access they want. They typically aren't very critical but I suppose I've learned to read between the lines.

However I enjoy their cruise vlogs - they're very good at capturing the excitement of cruises and showing what they can be, particularly to people who haven't cruised before. Equally the sheer production quality of their ship tour videos is a cut above most other cruise YouTubers - and also pretty consistent, meaning that you can use them to compare the look and feel of different ships.

In terms of who I *trust*, it's probably Gary Bembridge. His videos aren't particularly glitzy (though I've noticed he's relaxed into his YouTube persona over time) but his tips are based on real experience and you sense that, even if he does accept press trips etc., he's not dependent on those and so doesn't come across as beholden to the cruise lines. I noticed that particularly on Twitter he's notably absent from the usual cruise YouTuber fawning whenever a cruise line announces anything. He seems to be more capable of taking a step back and analysing things critically.

100% agree.

It also seemed like B&D were over critical of Iona on their recent vlogs, this was in the same video where they ranted about paying for the cruise etc, and always being honest. Which I found jarring, as I'm sure they have been on paid cruises by some of the lines and definitely blown smoke up their Afts.

• Like 1