LIVE Millennium BKB Transpacific and Alaska 04/27/19

h20cruzer

2 minutes ago, vlanderson2 said:

Did the drink menu changed from the cross pacific cruise to the Alaska cruise?  I leave in a week and a half and I'm anxiously awaiting to see a drink menu! 🙂

Cheers!

I haven’t noticed if drink menus changed , I pretty much order the same thing. I will take a look, for sure the Martini menu did not change.

Sitting in bed drinking  Coffee and watching a Alaska scene right past me by the water is almost as smooth as glass the sky is blue and there are mountains with snow on it how could you ask for anything more beautiful. Yesterday was Ketchikan  just beautiful. I did get off the ship and went to town guest trading company which was very close to the ship. I pretty much just went to people watch since I’ve been here before and I really had no souvenir shopping to do. When I looked around I found it very interesting that people were buying T-shirts like they had never seen a T-shirt in their life before 5, 20, 20 T-shirts I know they’re excited for being on a cruise but it just struck me as  curious as to how many T-shirts people were buying. I’m going to pay attention to the same thing when I get to Juneau. We had prime real estate where we were parked in Ketchikan which was fabulous since they were five ships in for an over 12,000 people. 

Lots more families on this trip then on the transpacific.

Today is icy Strait point the last time I was here we had to tender in and they now have a dock so very happy to walk the shore and see what’s new.

And this part of the cruise I moved from a C1 accessible cabin to a concierge cabin midship. I can’t remember whether I discussed this earlier or not so if I have please forgive me. the bathroom in this standard concierge cabin has more storage than that bathroom in the accessible cabin I’m happy about that don’t get me wrong but I thought the other cabin would have at least the same storage is this cabin.

Internet coverage in icy Strait point is spotty to say the least I’ve tried posting pictures and they just go off to the black hole I will try again and if not I’ll have to wait till we leave here it is beautiful just beautiful with Docked about an hour early.  These pictures are from Ketchikan yesterday .

4A25C434-9B85-464B-8983-5FD4F786AB3E.jpeg

Edited by h20cruzer
Spell

Just checked in for my daily dosage of your live report. Love your pictures. Thankyou so much .Was just wondering if you feel the vibe of the ship has in anyway changed compared to the first leg of your sailing. Appreciate your thoughts. 

1 hour ago, h20cruzer said:

Internet coverage in icy Strait point is spotty to say the least I’ve tried posting pictures and they just go off to the black hole I will try again and if not I’ll have to wait till we leave here it is beautiful just beautiful with Docked about an hour early.  These pictures are from Ketchikan yesterday .

4A25C434-9B85-464B-8983-5FD4F786AB3E.jpeg

Never beem there but sounds like quite  a crowd...hope the place does not feel overwhelmed...Were there many excursion  busses?

21 hours ago, hcat said:

Never beem there but sounds like quite  a crowd...hope the place does not feel overwhelmed...Were there many excursion  busses?

Yes lots of buses, I didn’t leave the ship until noon so it wasn’t as bad.

Tuesday May 14, it must be Juneau!!!

Yesterday was icy Strait point and the weather again was just gorgeous. I did walk into the little station they had they are and walked around for 10 minutes and then came back to the ship. They do have what looks like an expanded golf cart that Mike C8 or 10 people for those who can’t walk that far or a handicap people I thought that was very nice. Well having coffee and then again while eating my lunch you could see whales off the bow of the ship. I went to the show last night it was a typical full cast Broadway type production. The two male and female singers were very good I must say.

Here are today’s daily use. Later this morning I will head out I’m going to have lunch at Tracy’s crab shack.

9BF21DFE-1904-4C02-AB5A-E0D2D69047C6.jpeg

2EC558CE-A486-43FA-A39E-2CE964AF2D0E.jpeg

3B261E65-4040-4570-9214-826BB08622D8.jpeg

29DA11FF-162F-4BE5-8BD2-B8B07D5E2303.jpeg

BF138F48-FB06-4723-BDB6-0ABC1FBBA125.jpeg

5FB55BAB-6A6D-482E-94DC-1C5C20088A1E.jpeg

94682391-0110-4AE9-93D3-77D1458E221B.jpeg

1A9CB6AB-EEFF-4B6E-B897-43F026951C32.jpeg

F9B47C12-FA92-482A-8263-05F44DD0AC0E.jpeg

Now on a more serious note. I would like everyone to take a moment of silence.  Yesterday in Ketchikan 2 float planes collided and five people died 10 people were sent to the hospital all of the passengers on both planes were from princess cruise  ships. Our details here are sketchy but I felt like I needed to honor them. Very sad times for their family and friends also their fellow cruise ship families.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, h20cruzer said:

Now on a more serious note. I would like everyone to take a moment of silence.  Yesterday in Ketchikan 2 float planes collided and five people died 10 people were sent to the hospital all of the passengers on both planes were from princess cruise  ships. Our details here are sketchy but I felt like I needed to honor them. Very sad times for their family and friends also their fellow cruise ship families.

I heard about that ....so sad and tragic.  Must be quite a somber mood on board the Princess ship which I understand is also in Juneau today. 

2 hours ago, Tinknock50 said:

If you happen to see it behind the Tram Terminal , could you snap a picture of the Adventure Bound boat and dock?

Sorry I am already back on the ship. Royal Princess docked behind us and Norwegian Joy tendering.

My goal in Juneau is to go to Traceys crab shack. I am achieve my goal. I did my research they open at 10:30 AM so I’m ready to walk off the ship at 10:25 and I see a line of at least 25 people waiting for them to open I was in shock. I thought I would beat the crowds by getting there at 10:30 ish it was very close to the pier.

The royal princess is parked behind us in there Norwegian joy is tendering people and I was surprised they’re not parked at the dock. Weather here today as nice a little overcast not too cold I don’t even need to wear a hat I think I’m in a crab Coleman now here are the pictures to my lovely lunch. I had 1 king crab leg and a small lobster bisque

A94FF84B-9037-4419-8B5C-3BB414F5C9EB.jpeg

777D86E6-4D68-44A0-BEAE-F36F13A0D4DA.jpeg

3535BBE3-6064-4507-86A0-C1AB6C8CE661.jpeg

0F8C743E-0DA2-4B78-94ED-556C62F17227.jpeg

7EAE62B9-CD5F-47DF-B3B6-222AB2B49259.jpeg

4E0500C5-64FE-469A-B90B-CAD71E0865AA.jpeg

FEAF6FBC-DA66-4B5C-BDA0-D99A03265024.jpeg

046B5A36-5A0E-431E-B0C5-035AF49EA08A.jpeg

70794748-A3F4-4384-B133-A9FB113BCB32.jpeg

A3726E2C-ADE5-4087-A27F-F331E0F7920C.jpeg

29BD3D2F-BB09-4904-9D48-26E6E993FB6E.jpeg

• Like 1

Great photos..looks like a great  time!

I saw in  the daily you posted that the ship also offered a crab shack  dinner..also sounded good!

But your outing looked like more fun.

Now for the not so good. The day we got on the ship in Vancouver I had no Internet all day. They blamed it on the solstice being in port at the same time as us. The satellite has been out sporadically maybe for 20 minutes 40 minutes however it is been out since yesterday and we still have no satellite. I’m not a big TV watcher on the ship but when I get ready for dinner I like to put the news on. The Internet has been down all day here is a screen print of what you get when you try and logon they’re trying to say it’s the connection however I can get online on my phone. 

Many people are complaining that both the Internet and the satellite are out unacceptable.

08F28F88-3FE1-4C86-AC5F-E94D3D6B2101.png

We have been using cellular connections (AT&T) for Internet while in port. I thought I saw a notice in one of the dailies early in the cruise indicating satellite would be unavailable periodically. HGTV was unavailable this morning but both ESPN were visible. Earlier in the cruise the opposite occurred, ESPN was out but HGTV was visible. TV satellites are in stationary geo orbit so the further north you go the more difficult it can be to get a signal. Also can depend on the orientation of the ship since the receiving dish may not be able to swivel a full 360.