Celebrity MoveUp Offer Tracker - Please Do Not Post Questions Here!

hvbaskey

• Ship:  Apex
  • Length of Cruise: 7 nights
  • Cruise Sail Date: November 18th 2023
  • Date email offer received: No email, went to website on my own
  • Captain’s Club Tier: None
  • Booked through Celebrity Direct OR via TA: TA
  • Current Cabin: Concierge Class, Infinite Veranda
  • Bid?  Yes/No: Yes
    • Deets: 
    • Edge Villa -  $1,500
    • Royal Suite - $1,000
    • Celebrity Suite - $500
    • Sky Suite: $1800
    •  
  • Bid Offer: Bid on both the Edge Villa & Royal Suite
  • Notification Date: n/a
  • Accepted / Rejected: Pending

Seems the ship is completely sold out. There were three suites available yesterday, but  they've since been removed from the website. I'm guessing they're still allowing bids for a move-up in the off chance someone cancels? We'll be celebrating my parent's 40th wedding anniversary and looking forward to a great vacation!

• Like 1

Update, I have been trying to call the Move Up department since Monday because our credit card information was recently compromised. I didn’t receive new cards until after the bids were locked. I suspected this would be an issue and proactively tried calling X several times and Blue Chip club twice to update my payment and they advised that it wasn’t possible if you can’t access the bid. 

Today one of our family members was successful in a bid from concierge class to Celebrity Suite so I expected mine to process shortly. 4 hours later I received an email that payment was declined and to load a new card. Then click a link on the email to let them know it has been updated. I followed that up with a call to X and Blue Chip to see if someone could process the upgrade charge so I wouldn’t lose it as 1 of the 2 available RS had already been processed. Again ZERO help and said I have to wait 48 hours for them to try again? What kind of policy is that? I even asked to speak with a Blue Chip supervisor who gave ne the worst info yet and said Blue Chip bookings aren’t eligible with Move Up. He was adamant that the bid should have been immediately rejected 🤣

I’m not sure there is 5% of people that work in customer service that truly understand what their job is. I tried to pre empt the issue and was told there’s nothing to do since the upgrade wasn’t processed yet.  Now of course it’s and issue and the dept. that would run the card “doesn’t have phones” so it is email only with an expected return time of 24-48 hours.

On 9/18/2023 at 11:21 AM, FlutePrayer said:

Ship: Eclipse

Length of Cruise: 6 nights

Cruise Sail Date: December 1, 2023

Date email offer received: 9/18/23

Captain’s Club Tier: Classic

Booked through Celebrity Direct OR via TA: Celebrity Direct, moved to TA

Current Cabin: Prime Aqua Class

Bid? Yes/No: Yes

If YES - Bidding Details:

Minimum bids:

Sky Suite: $300pp

Sunset Sky Suite: $350pp

AquaClass Sky Suite: $400pp

Celebrity Suite: $950pp

Royal Suite: $1100pp

Cabin Category:

Bid Offer: AquaClass Sky Suite $450pp

Notification Date: November 1, 2023

Accepted / Rejected: Accepted

General Comments:

We're only interested in an AquaClass Sky Suite. We've already got a great cabin. Here's hoping!

We lowered our initial bid from $450 to $425pp. Our offer froze and showed pending last week. We were notified today that our bid was accepted, and we have our new cabin assignment. We are thrilled.

Edited by FlutePrayer
Additional information.
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

@rM3panno, yikes! From what I understand, the Move Up contract is separate from both Celebrity and the Blue Chip club. It is an independent vendor, so Celebrity shoreside is — once again — (ahem) worthless. Keeping my fingers crossed for you, and please do let us know how this works out. Best of luck!

16 hours ago, DingoMom said:

@rM3panno, yikes! From what I understand, the Move Up contract is separate from both Celebrity and the Blue Chip club. It is an independent vendor, so Celebrity shoreside is — once again — (ahem) worthless. Keeping my fingers crossed for you, and please do let us know how this works out. Best of luck!

Well I must have lucked out. I called in to the main # to request a refund of the Retreat Privilege Package we had paid for one my dad and stepmom’s room since their upgrade to a suite was confirmed. I figured I would ask the gentleman helping me about my issue. He said he worked in the dept. that is sometimes tasked with processing Move Up bids and would need to ask his supervisor for approval to process it but he could see that I had an approved(won) upgrade. The supervisor said no, I kept pushing and he asked a higher supervisor who also said no. I was adamant that I wanted to speak with a supervisor regarding this issue since I had even tried to pre empt the issue when I called as soon as my new card arrived. I waited on hold for 25 min while he waited for a supervisor to join the call but when he came back he said the supervisor granted approval to process the payment. Luckily, for me he had me repeat the entire CC to him because their system had somehow mixed the middle 8 digits of the card up. It was the correct digits in the wrong order. I know I typed it correctly because I have the info saved on my phone for auto fill and even triple checked it before I hit submit. I suspect I would have received another payment declined email or simply been skipped over. They sure made it really difficult to give them an additional $1,680.

• Like 3

•  
  • Ship:  Reflection
  • Length of Cruise: 6 nights
  • Cruise Sail Date: 14 JAN 2024
  • Date email offer received: 11/1/2023
  • Captain’s Club Tier [“PREVIEW” = first Celebrity Cruise]: Preview
  • Booked through Celebrity Direct OR via TA: Direct
  • Current Cabin: C2 Concierge Veranda
  • Bid?  Yes/No: Yes

If YES -  Bidding Details:

• Cabin Category: AquaClass Sky Suite
  • Bid Offer: 11/2/2023
  • Notification Date: TBD
  • Accepted / Rejected TBD

General Comments:

Royal Suite min bid $3000 pp

Signature Suite min bid $2500 pp

Celebrity Suite min bid $1500 pp

AquaClass Sky Suite $450 pp

Sunset Sky Suite $1650 pp

Sky Suite $800 pp

AquaClass Stateroom $450 pp

Sunset Concierge Class $1300 pp

I was already interested in the AquaClass Sky Suite so when the move up bid minimum seemed to be reasonable I took it as a sign to bid.

Edited by Posesmom
error
  • Thanks 1

Here is an interesting one. So I have a move up bid in for a November 22, 2023 cruise. Originally, I bid on three categories but canceled one bid. I now have two categories with bids. If I click to modify one of the bids, I get taken to the slider page where I can move by bid up or down. For the other bid, if I click to modify, I get take to a page I've never seen before. It contains my current bid amount, an open box to add a new bid (won't accept it unless it is higher than the current bid), tells me how much time is left on the countdown clock until the offers are reviewed, and tells me how many others are bidding on the same category of stateroom. Has anyone ever seen this before? Here it is below (minus the picture of a stateroom - but this is exactly what I see on the page).

1W, 2D, 0H left to review                                        8 Bidders
Your current offer per passenger
$XXXX USD
Increase your offer to increase your chance of getting upgraded.
Your new offer (per passenger)
$                                                                              USD

Review Offer

Edited by Classynfun1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Classynfun1 said:

Here is an interesting one. So I have a move up bid in for a November 22, 2023 cruise. Originally, I bid on three categories but canceled one bid. I now have two categories with bids. If I click to modify one of the bids, I get taken to the slider page where I can move by bid up or down. For the other bid, if I click to modify, I get take to a page I've never seen before. It contains my current bid amount, an open box to add a new bid (won't accept it unless it is higher than the current bid), tells me how much time is left on the countdown clock until the offers are reviewed, and tells me how many others are bidding on the same category of stateroom. Has anyone ever seen this before? Here it is below (minus the picture of a stateroom - but this is exactly what I see on the page).

$XXXX USD
$                                                                              USD

Review Offer

So now you're expected to outbid the (unknown) bids without a slider?

Just now, Oceangoer2 said:

So now you're expected to outbid the (unknown) bids without a slider?

Seems that way! And weird it is only on one of the two bids I've placed. 

I'm a data person. For all I know every one of those other bidders is a Zenith bidding the max in the same level cabin I'm in (so any extra bid would be for naught). Or maybe they are all in the lowest cabin category offered to bid bidding the minimum. I have no idea. Such a prisoner's dilemma - I think it is designed to make me 'feel' like I need to increase my bid without actually showing me any solid reason to do so. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Classynfun1 said:

$XXXX USD

Review Offer

I’ve seen other bidders in this thread get an email letting them know there’s other bidders that have outbid them, and they can choose to increase their bid if they want to raise their chances of getting the upgrade. Some of them ultimately decided to not increase the bid and still got the move up. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I’ve recently placed a move up bid, after receiving an emailed move up offer.  I’ve now been following this thread.  So many have commented that they can see their offer as pending.  I don’t see anything.  If I log in directly to Celebrity, the move up button does not work (tried on different browsers).  I can only click on the email I’ve received and modify my offer. Anyone else face this issue?  
if I click on the original email offer, I do see that my offer was received.  Is it here that you eventually see pending?

Edited by Presd

7 minutes ago, Presd said:

I’ve recently placed a move up bid, after receiving an emailed move up offer.  I’ve now been following this thread.  So many have commented that they can see their offer as pending.  I don’t see anything.  If I log in directly to Celebrity, the move up button does not work (tried on different browsers).  I can only click on the email I’ve received and modify my offer. Anyone else face this issue?  
if I click on the original email offer, I do see that my offer was received.  Is it here that you eventually see pending?

This happened to me last week. After a few days it was completely locked and I could not modify (I am just under 30 days from sailing).   Another three or four days went by with no access to any business or modification. And then I all the sudden you got the bid and new cabin assignment.   Good luck! 

17 minutes ago, AMediator said:

This happened to me last week. After a few days it was completely locked and I could not modify (I am just under 30 days from sailing).   Another three or four days went by with no access to any business or modification. And then I all the sudden you got the bid and new cabin assignment.   Good luck! 

Thank you!  I’m not sailing until mid January.  I’m happy with my current Aqua class cabin, but would prefer the Aqua Sky suite if I can get it.

Edited by Presd
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Presd said:

Hi! Yes, for some reason the link from the manage my reservation page is broken and has been for a while. You can also access it by clicking the drop down under “Manage Trip” (visible when you click the three lines on the top left of the mobile celebrity page) 

12 minutes ago, danakane said:

Hi! Yes, for some reason the link from the manage my reservation page is broken and has been for a while. You can also access it by clicking the drop down under “Manage Trip” (visible when you click the three lines on the top left of the mobile celebrity page) 

Thank you!  That worked and now I can see my offer is pending. 

On 11/4/2023 at 8:43 AM, danakane said:

Is this on the app or the mobile page? I have three MoveUp offers in, and have no idea how to check on progress. <edit> tried on my phone as well, still tells me my reservation is locked. If I go to MoveUp, enter my name and res #, it just comes back to the same login page.

Edited by jayoldschool

The site I use to check my bids is: https://www.celebritycruises.com/bid-on-cruise-room-upgrade

All you need is your booking number and your last name. If your booking has two last names, try the other last name if the first one does not work.  What I do not like about this access is that no password is required so anyone that has my booking number can see, change or cancel my bids. I have seen booking numbers posted in Cruise Critic and Facebook threads. 

53 minutes ago, jayoldschool said:

Is this on the app or the mobile page? I have three MoveUp offers in, and have no idea how to check on progress. <edit> tried on my phone as well, still tells me my reservation is locked. If I go to MoveUp, enter my name and res #, it just comes back to the same login page.

The site Bill-n-Bob gave works