It's nudie day at Maya Chan

CJDepew

So we're in Costa Maya on Feb. 26, 2020 and Maya Chan just told me we can't make reservations because they didn't realize it was Nudie Cruise day when we originally corresponded. Almaplena looks like a nice alternative. I've been to Maya Chan before and that's the all-inclusive atmosphere we're looking for. Any other suggestions?

Thanks

If you haven’t been to the Mayan Ruins in the area, Native Choice offers some great tours. We did the Chachobben Extreme Tour and loved it. After the Ruins tour you go to a resort on Baccalar (sp?) Lagoon For lunch and free time at the lagoon which includes kayaking and a nice beach.

• 1 month later...
On 4/24/2019 at 7:05 PM, CJDepew said:

So we're in Costa Maya on Feb. 26, 2020 and Maya Chan just told me we can't make reservations because they didn't realize it was Nudie Cruise day when we originally corresponded. Almaplena looks like a nice alternative. I've been to Maya Chan before and that's the all-inclusive atmosphere we're looking for. Any other suggestions?

Thanks

You have no idea how useful this post of yours is!

We are on the Bare Necessities charter that will be in Costa Maya on 2/26/20!  The charter operator does not let us know what clothing optional excursions will be available until 30 days prior to sailing, when we get our booking numbers.  You provided us with a HUGE scoop!

Thanks!  And sorry we are upsetting your plans.  If you are REALLY wanting to go to Maya Chan you could always "jump ship!"  There are still 181 cabins available!

Edited by K&RCurt
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, K&RCurt said:

You have no idea how useful this post of yours is!

We are on the Bare Necessities charter that will be in Costa Maya on 2/26/20!  The charter operator does not let us know what clothing optional excursions will be available until 30 days prior to sailing, when we get our booking numbers.  You provided us with a HUGE scoop!

Thanks!  And sorry we are upsetting your plans.  If you are REALLY wanting to go to Maya Chan you could always "jump ship!"  There are still 181 cabins available!

You don't know how many cruisers you've upset on FB.  LOL. They're now having to change their entire cruise. Some are ready to "dress" you in tar and feathers!!  Not me, we're there the week before.

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, crewsweeper said:

You don't know how many cruisers you've upset on FB.  LOL. They're now having to change their entire cruise. Some are ready to "dress" you in tar and feathers!!  Not me, we're there the week before.

Well, I don't  feel too bad as we are not going to Maya Chan, we will be keeping our clothes on in Costa Maya and going to see ruins!

• 6 months later...

Uh..... we will be there 2 days later.  Hope they clean well.   

Maya Chen is the best.

We tried Jaimes blue reef in November.  Food and drinks were good but no view and sellers literally bothered us every 3-4 minutes.  Not our best day. I’ll take the bumpy ride to Mayan Chen from now on.

On 1/14/2020 at 4:31 PM, cruiselvr04 said:

Maya Chen is the best.

We tried Jaimes blue reef in November.  Food and drinks were good but no view and sellers literally bothered us every 3-4 minutes.  Not our best day. I’ll take the bumpy ride to Mayan Chen from now on.

Let me enlighten you as a person who has explored and learned to partake in clothing optional activities.  There will be no necessity to clean the resort any differently than any other day.  It is standard etiquette to always sit on a towel.  Because of the stigma that some people have with their discomfort with nudity, naturists actually go out of the way to ensure extreme cleanliness.  You have absolutely nothing to worry about except maybe spilling guacamole and staining your bathing suit. 😄

• Like 2

On 1/22/2020 at 11:19 AM, Drock20J said:

Almaplena was perfect!

It was so far away from everything, you feel like you are the only people in the area. I could not love that place more!

Good to hear. We booked massages there too. Much less expensive than on the ship. Can't wait to get there.

On ‎1‎/‎14‎/‎2020 at 5:31 PM, cruiselvr04 said:

Maya Chen is the best.

I'm surprised that Jaime lets the local vendors sell there.  At NoHoch Kay he typically ran them off.  But if he or Nicole weren't there on the day you were, the crew may have not paid attention.

Nevertheless, can't argue with the setting for Maya Chan in terms of looking for a real getaway spot on all fronts, except the road:classic_wink:.

1 hour ago, CJDepew said:

Good to hear. We booked massages there too. Much less expensive than on the ship. Can't wait to get there.

Be sure to bring cash for the massages! The email to you is poorly worded. You will get a refund to your paypal account and you will be required to pay the masseuse in cash that you need to bring.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/1/2020 at 6:03 PM, bethtex said:

for those on the BN cruise - can't find this on the excurusions

do you know how it is listed on Carnival's website?

It is not a BN / Carnival Tour.  Apparently someone on the BN cruise booked the entire place by themselves for a private party and the capacity has been filled with invited people from the BN cruise.

We had already planned to do the Chacchoban ruins with Native Choice so did not sign up for the Maya Chan party.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/12/2020 at 8:57 AM, K&RCurt said:

It is not a BN / Carnival Tour.  Apparently someone on the BN cruise booked the entire place by themselves for a private party and the capacity has been filled with invited people from the BN cruise.

We had already planned to do the Chacchoban ruins with Native Choice so did not sign up for the Maya Chan party.

On 1/30/2020 at 6:39 AM, crewsweeper said:

I'm surprised that Jaime lets the local vendors sell there.  At NoHoch Kay he typically ran them off.  But if he or Nicole weren't there on the day you were, the crew may have not paid attention.

Nevertheless, can't argue with the setting for Maya Chan in terms of looking for a real getaway spot on all fronts, except the road:classic_wink:.

Can you tell me how long the ride is from the port to Maya Chan?