Icon of the Seas Blocks Are In The House!

9 hours ago, Lloyd555 said:

Would it help to say that the sphere will be inside the ship.

The interior is supposedly covered with 3700 pieces of glass. I have seen that posted in a few spots. One or twice by Meyer Turku employees.

Largest disco ball at sea confirmed. 🤣

The Icon of the Seas is headed into the basin.

There's no turning back; they have to build her now. 😜

📷 Janne-Petteri Kumpulainen 

First, move the Carnival Celebration out of the way. I think we've seen enough of her. 🙄

273550899_680262276670711_5821977134093948681_n.thumb.png.b3f41ca213c19dbc1a274f55f74e32f4.png

1394958341_Janne-PetteriKumpulainenFebruary1220222.thumb.png.0b3f05ca9fb849d09ea1ad001c364a93.png

370510161_Janne-PetteriKumpulainenFebruary1220221.thumb.png.e41df08af39bbdabb688d484f1eb4601.png

121991427_Janne-PetteriKumpulainenFebruary122022CLOSEUP.thumb.jpg.4fa3a43cae581a5be513633f959feacc.jpg

The moment we have been waiting for.

Icon of the Seas FERU is in the House! 😜

1006179861_Janne-PetteriKumpulainenFebruary1220223.thumb.png.dadda854d47d9baffd646850feab5bf4.png

Edited by Lloyd555
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Tough as Leather said:

Finally! 

Is that as far as the FERU is going into the basin?

Perhaps she will be moved again before they drain the basin. I have often wondered for this particular build were the FERU block is in relation to the rest of the ship. On the sides it looks like the location of the stabilizers. Are they typically in the FERU block? Then one end of the block starts to curve. Is that towards the aft or bow? On most builds I thought the FERU is mostly towards the aft or midship. I could be wrong not being a ship Engineer.

What do you, @Lloyd555 and others think about  that?  

3 hours ago, Tough as Leather said:

Finally! 

Is that as far as the FERU is going into the basin?

56 minutes ago, Tall-Cruiser said:

Perhaps she will be moved again before they drain the basin. I have often wondered for this particular build were the FERU block is in relation to the rest of the ship. On the sides it looks like the location of the stabilizers. Are they typically in the FERU block? Then one end of the block starts to curve. Is that towards the aft or bow? On most builds I thought the FERU is mostly towards the aft or midship. I could be wrong not being a ship Engineer.

I was told that this was closer to the bow. Waiting for it to be placed.

3 hours ago, Tall-Cruiser said:

2 hours ago, Lloyd555 said:

Can we determine stern & bow location by the shape/orientation of the stabilizer opening? Are ones like the one on Icon all the same? Maybe then we can tell if that curve is towards a bow or a stern.

8 hours ago, Tough as Leather said:

Can we determine stern & bow location by the shape/orientation of the stabilizer opening? Are ones like the one on Icon all the same? Maybe then we can tell if that curve is towards a bow or a stern.

Here is one of the photos that I think Lloyd shared here. You can clearly see the Stabilizer in the bottom corner.

6266B118-C216-495D-BFE8-97907A7D8E77.png

23 hours ago, Lloyd555 said:

20 hours ago, Tough as Leather said:

Using that Icon block circled in green, you can compare the bow position of Carnival Celebration in the basin with the FERU block in the same general area. So perhaps it’s closer to the bow as Lloyd noted.. 

C302DC99-C6B0-452A-A757-076F079B4101.jpeg

7CD973DF-1AF8-4B08-9B46-2B2DDD2E1964.jpeg

8 minutes ago, Tall-Cruiser said:

Using that Icon block circled in green, you can compare the bow position of Carnival Celebration in the basin with the FERU block in the same general area. So perhaps it’s closer to the bow as Lloyd noted.. 

C302DC99-C6B0-452A-A757-076F079B4101.jpeg

7CD973DF-1AF8-4B08-9B46-2B2DDD2E1964.jpeg

Ha! I was using that block as a marker as well. As I mentioned in earlier post, waiting for the water to be drained and the FERU laid to rest (so to speak) in its final spot. I thought it would happen today, and perhaps it has, but unfortunately the weather is bad in Turku right now, so nobody is heading out to snap some photos. 😞 Maybe we will see something on Monday.

Apparently the photographer was told by a shipyard employee that the FERU was up front. We shall see.

In the meantime...

726537008_HarriHeinonengreencircle.thumb.jpg.d3172f7a4e44755a15b383a2cd055aa9.jpg

• Haha 4

38 minutes ago, Lloyd555 said:

Ha! I was using that block as a marker as well. As I mentioned in earlier post, waiting for the water to be drained and the FERU laid to rest (so to speak) in its final spot. I thought it would happen today, and perhaps it has, but unfortunately the weather is bad in Turku right now, so nobody is heading out to snap some photos. 😞 Maybe we will see something on Monday.

Apparently the photographer was told by a shipyard employee that the FERU was up front. We shall see.

In the meantime...

726537008_HarriHeinonengreencircle.thumb.jpg.d3172f7a4e44755a15b383a2cd055aa9.jpg

Just hope green circles aren't contagious or they may have to throw all of the blocks out!