Customs and Debarkation

We are on the Allure in 2 weeks!!!!

I have read someplace that there is an app or something to download to help speed the customs process up.  Can someone help elaborate on this for me? We are going to pressed for time to make our flight home and want to speed up everything possible.

If you want to speed up the process, you should be doing the self disembarkation and walk off with your luggage.

They usually are not set up for the mobile passport when self disembarking. The one time we actually were able to finalize and get a receipt, they just said to put away the app. They scanned our passports and waived us through. No forms.

Past Reviews post 184

2 hours ago, Raysfun said:

When I was on Oasis in December they didn't require us to fill out the customs form. Just had to show our passport going through customs and immigration.  Not sure if it's the same on Alure. 

They did away with the blue CBP forms years ago (for closed loop cruise itineraries) for US citizens

Just got off Allure last week.  Debarkation was a breeze. No forms, no  app, no customs agent, just a face recognition scanner, took about 4 seconds.

Off the Freedom in February, walked off the ship, just had to show my passport. EZ PZ

Edited by mac66

Just off Allure this morning. As above no customs agent or passport control. Face recognition scanner that took seconds. Very painless unlike the traffic trying to get through to pickup 😳

Just off Allure this morning. As above no customs agent or passport control. Face recognition scanner that took seconds. Very painless unlike the traffic trying to get through to pickup [emoji15]

But that is Miami, isn’t it? Isn’t Allure moving to Ft. Lauderdale in the next couple of weeks?

OP didn’t say where they are sailing from. Ft. Lauderdale didn’t have face recognition when we last sailed from there in January.

Past Reviews post 184
  • Like 1

On April 22, we self-disembarked from the Reflection in Ft. L. Customs agent was not interested in the Mobile Passport and just took our regular ones. Asked if we had food, alcohol, and did we buy jewelry or watch. No, yes (how many bottles? Three), and yes (watch, how much? $191).  90 seconds total time.

I hope the 3 people who downloaded the mobile pp app in line didn't get mad at me...