Luggage Question

jr8934

I just returned from a cruise on HAL. They have a luggage program called Luggage Direct that takes your suitcase from outside your door and delivers it to the airport for $25/ suitcase. Does Princess have a program like this? If so, does it operate in Vancouver, B.C.? We have a late flight and I don't want to drag suitcases around. Thanks!

They sure do! Usually you will receive debarkation flyers in your cabin 2 days or so before. One will have information on luggage transport to airport. I don’t recall cost exactly, might find on Princess web site. 

It is called EZ Check. It cost around the same, $25. Only some airlines and some ports participate. Ft. Lauderdale does participate. I don't think this option is available at San Pedro, but that could have recently changed. Here is a form from 2015. I can't find a recent form.

1 hour ago, jr8934 said:

I just returned from a cruise on HAL. They have a luggage program called Luggage Direct that takes your suitcase from outside your door and delivers it to the airport for $25/ suitcase. Does Princess have a program like this? If so, does it operate in Vancouver, B.C.? We have a late flight and I don't want to drag suitcases around. Thanks!

Vancouver - nope. If your flight is VERY late it might be legal for them to do it (US Preclearance happens in YVR, and they require that YOU drop your own bags off for that, but it stops at 8:30pm so flights after about 9pm tend to be 'regular' International flights where you will do Customs/immigration on arrival in the US - so Luggage Direct *could* be used for these, but that means teaching cruise minions and shoreside contractors two different sets of rules which means greater risk of screwing up, so it's simpler just to not do it!)

There's a local workaround though - the baggage storage folks at the pier also operate at the airport, and for years they have shipped bags between the two. As long as your flight is 6:30pm or later for $40 you get up to 4 bags forwarded - then it's a matter of just heading out to YVR after your day of touring and collecting the bags from the office in your terminal (both stay open until after 11pm, so there's no way they will be closed when you arrive unless you miss your flight!)

I'd contact them directly to verify the details - sometimes they want it booked in advance, other times you just show up and ask for it, and there's always a chance they might have stopped offering the service.

CDS Baggage: 1-604-303-4500 or by email.

• Thanks 1

Princess' EZCheck is offered only in Ft Lauderdale (flights from FLL or MIA) and Seattle (SEA airport only).

If you don't need your boarding passes printed the Seattle Port Authority offers a complimentary bags program that otherwise renders EZCheck superfluous.

Unlike HAL, the program on Princess is for domestic USA flights only.

The person reporting EZCheck available in San Francisco is almost certainly mistaken as such programs are prohibited in the state of California. Possibly they saw a blurb in the Princess Patter for Luggage Valet which is the program that ships your bags by common carrier directly between the ship and your home.

As for using the luggage storage company at Canada Place to ship your bags to YVR airport: you better have a late flight and no plans for the day. I stood in their line for nearly an hour when disembarking Golden Princess on a Saturday last May and not even one-third of the persons ahead of me in line had been assisted by the single person manning the counter. There were at least 150 parties still waiting at 10:45 AM. I ended up dragging all my bags myself onto the skytrain, arriving at YVR just as bag check opened for my flight 3.5 hours before takeoff. So instead of a nice lunch at the waterfront I got to eat a CA$30 airport hamburger.

Edited by fishywood
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, jr8934 said:

Not offered in Vancouver.

On 4/29/2019 at 3:51 PM, JoRoy218 said:

We were on the Grand last week, debarked in San Francisco. It was offered on that cruise. 

I wonder when they started doing EZ Check in San Francisco? I too thought it was only Florida and Seattle. We disembarked the Star Princess last week in Los Angeles (San Pedro) and I can confirm it was not offered there. 

Yes, I know the OP is sailing into Vancouver, but others might be interested.