Premium Beverage Package

scotslizzy

Can you please tell me if it is still ok for only one of you in the cabin to purchase the drink package? Husband will make good use of the package and I don't drink enough to  justify buying it. I know you could do this, as we sailed last year on Princess but a year, is a long time in which so much could change .

Cheers

Scotslizzy

• Like 1

3 hours ago, scotslizzy said:

Can you please tell me if it is still ok for only one of you in the cabin to purchase the drink package? Husband will make good use of the package and I don't drink enough to  justify buying it. I know you could do this, as we sailed last year on Princess but a year, is a long time in which so much could change .

Cheers

Scotslizzy

That's something that has not changed yet.  I would not be surprised if it does in the future.

7 hours ago, bemis12 said:

That's something that has not changed yet.  I would not be surprised if it does in the future.

I would, just because it appears that it is becoming the industry standard.  (Not requiring both people to buy a package)

I think the 15 drink limit change was directed at those that were previously abusing the system.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, bemis12 said:

yeah, that's something we would really have to look hard at if that change ever does happen ...

I like it fine just the way it is ... but wouldn't totally mind if Princess came up with something 'reasonably priced' that would allow sharing , maybe something like the coffee package ... where only the purchaser would be able to get the soda's , waters, specialty coffees ...

41 minutes ago, voljeep said:

yeah, that's something we would really have to look hard at if that change ever does happen ...

I like it fine just the way it is ... but wouldn't totally mind if Princess came up with something 'reasonably priced' that would allow sharing , maybe something like the coffee package ... where only the purchaser would be able to get the soda's , waters, specialty coffees ...

I do not think a "sharing" booze package would ever happen unless they were to increase the cost quite a bit - Princess knows that most people on the plan are not going to hit 15 drinks every day - most are probably around 6-9 drinks a day and it is still a good deal - if they shared most if not all would hit 15 drinks and Princess would not make as much on the deal

On 4/30/2019 at 11:10 AM, memoak said:

I do not think a "sharing" booze package would ever happen unless they were to increase the cost quite a bit - Princess knows that most people on the plan are not going to hit 15 drinks every day - most are probably around 6-9 drinks a day and it is still a good deal - if they shared most if not all would hit 15 drinks and Princess would not make as much on the deal

I think we all know even at 15 drinks a day princess is making big dollars. 

41 minutes ago, BCCRUSINGCOUPLE said:

Then add in 8 bottles of water, 4-6 specialty coffees, sodas every day of the cruise

59 minutes ago, BCCRUSINGCOUPLE said:

Exactly. Most people don't come anywhere near the 15 drink limit per day. If they weren't making big money, they would have put the brakes on it a long time ago.