Scenic Eclipse News

7 hours ago, R&R Cruiser said:

Ship is looking great! Hi Tripacian, my wife and I are also on the 5 April sailing. See you onboard!  Ray & Roz. Tasmania, Australia

Good to hear from a future traveling companion!  Keep us updated on the ship (with pictures if possible) and your experiences.  

I know the “first cruise” on any new ship is going to be somewhat different, but all of us “future Eclipse cruisers” are anxious for news about the ship.  The unfortunate construction delays kept us all in suspense!  My wife and I are really glad that we stuck with Scenic and are now ready to enjoy the experience of sailing on this magnificent yacht.

On 8/10/2019 at 3:36 PM, Carol From California said:

I am currently on a cruise and will be in Iceland on Monday overnight in the port and disembarking on Tuesday.  Staying in Reykjavik on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday night, so I hope to get a glimpse of the Eclipse!  If I do I will take some photos.  

I would also like to thank Carol for starting this new “positive” thread about the Eclipse.  The other thread was just too negative and the overbearing poster has been proven wrong about so many things.

Thanks to all of the current “posters” for being objective about the experience of waiting to see the results.  

She really looks good.  I've been watching her on the Reykjavik port CCTV and it looked like the trades were leaving, rubbish was being dumped in skips and the gazebo was put out ready for guests.  It's now just after 17:00 in Reykjavik but I haven't seen any guests board, though I was out for a couple of hours.  I'm not sure what time she's due to leave port but there's been plenty of activity.  The gazebo has just been packed away as I write this, and I can see butlers cleaning balconies.  Watch this space!!!

The pics of the interior look good.  We have booked a Spa suite but I hope there's a curtain or something between the bathroom and the bedroom as I'm not sure the apparent open plan will suit everyone.

I look forward to hearing from anyone on this maiden voyage.

3 minutes ago, Holy Roller said:

We have booked a Spa suite but I hope there's a curtain or something between the bathroom and the bedroom as I'm not sure the apparent open plan will suit everyone.

This is our concern as well after looking at the photos...I'm booked in a Spa Suite with my mother and would hate for either of us to need to vacate the suite whenever we need to use the bathroom 😬

I'm sure that there will be some system for privacy and it's probably that we can't see the whole arrangement.

Looking at the CCTV it now looks like guests are arriving.  Difficult to see but it looks a little like "the animals went in two by two" so I think they're the first passengers.  I think it's really going to happen after such a long wait.

Well how little you all know!!!!!!

It has been delayed by 24 hours because it needs cleaning, according to the owners but in reality it needs days of work!!!!!!!

We went on board today and according to any insurance assessor the ship is some two weeks away from being ready. We have taken photos which show some of the problems. Our room looks a mess. If I get time tomorrow I will send some photos.

So not good news but then the staff seem very nice which is a plus.

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, goorawin said:

Well how little you all know!!!!!!

It has been delayed by 24 hours because it needs cleaning, according to the owners but in reality it needs days of work!!!!!!!

We went on board today and according to any insurance assessor the ship is some two weeks away from being ready. We have taken photos which show some of the problems. Our room looks a mess. If I get time tomorrow I will send some photos.

So not good news but then the staff seem very nice which is a plus.

Yikes. Are they accommodating you in a hotel? Or are guests staying onboard?

40 minutes ago, goorawin said:

Well here are some photos that show the current state of Eclipse

Untitled.jpg

Our room.jpg

Our room2.jpg

Phot02.jpg

Phot03.jpg

Phot04.jpg

Phot05.jpg

Phot06.jpg

Phot07.jpg

Phot08.jpg

Edited by Ricky Chan
I am confused, the live webcam does not show a dumpster or any workers going in and out of the ship. Also just checked Scenic website, it seems like the ship won't arrive N.Y. until Sept 29, but the christening is to be held on Sept 9 at N.Y.

33 minutes ago, towel-animal said:

Yikes. Are they accommodating you in a hotel? Or are guests staying onboard?

Yes they are, but today was so badly handled that no one is happy.

There is just not planning and the staff are under so much pressure.

The ship is meant to departs at 6 pm tomorrow, but who knows!!!!!!

Unbelievable.......or is it? I’ve said all along that Scenic not showing interiors and shouting it from the roof tops, raised alarm bells. 

Goorawin I’m so sorry to hear what you are going through. You are our life line to the truth at the moment and I am eagerly awaiting Scenic’s propaganda on their FB page. 

• Like 1

I have just this moment received a promotional email here from Scenic headed "Scenic Eclipse Now Sailing ..."

I feel terrible for the passengers due to sail on this first voyage, I truly hope the situation improves for you all.

1 hour ago, goorawin said:

Yes they are, but today was so badly handled that no one is happy.

There is just not planning and the staff are under so much pressure.

The ship is meant to departs at 6 pm tomorrow, but who knows!!!!!!

I hope they at least get the bar stocked!  

Do you know how fully booked the cruise is?  I hope they have some rooms available for the tradespeople who will likely be traveling with you.

I hope the CD and crew rise to the occasion and find a way to make your inaugural cruise memorable in a good way.  

Dear Goorawin,

How disappointing for you.  I'm so sorry.  When will some companies realise that being honest will always keep the client onside.  It just makes one lose faith in their ability to treat the customer as anything more than a cash cow.

In reality, from your photos,  much of the work required seems superficial and with the correct trades and management should be sortable.  I'm still watching the CCTV and will hope to see lots of activity today along with skip loads of rubbish being removed. 

It's difficult to see how Scenic can spin this to look positive.

8 hours ago, jeb_bud said:

I hope they at least get the bar stocked!  

Do you know how fully booked the cruise is?  I hope they have some rooms available for the tradespeople who will likely be traveling with you.

I hope the CD and crew rise to the occasion and find a way to make your inaugural cruise memorable in a good way.  

Yes, the bars are well stocked, so we can still enjoy that.

Today is another day and they have offered us another tour with boarding after 4pm, maybe!!!!!!

The ship is not full, only 147 so I have been told. Just as well probably, as this city probably may not have fit us all in last night. Last night we were all in many hotels across the city, as it is a very busy time here.