Free Deluxe Beverage Package

Quite often this is offered in the UK, we got it on our sailing on AOTS in October 2019.

Is this ever offered in the US as I never see any threads about it being offered?

Edited by mcoler181

I find that strange as I would stereotypically say Brits would drink more than Americans.

It’s also showing as only £35.72 to add it on my cruise planner which is only about $45 which sounds cheap compared to what I have read on here.

4 minutes ago, mcoler181 said:

I find that strange as I would stereotypically say Brits would drink more than Americans.

It’s also showing as only £35.72 to add it on my cruise planner which is only about $45 which sounds cheap compared to what I have read on here.

If that $45 includes gratuity, that's an excellent price compared to what I've seen reported recently.

8 minutes ago, mcoler181 said:

It does yes, even if we hadnt got it free I would still buy it anyway as it seems a no brainer.

Yep, that's a breakeven point of around 3 fancy drinks per day.

It's showing on my planer for my cruise in 3 weeks £33.44 and for the one in 5 weeks £44.08, the difference being one's for 12 days the others for 14, but I got both included like the OP.

Wow £33.44 is really good!

25 days out - I'm currently paying £38 and I am happy with that but I am still keeping my eye on it. The refreshment package on our Oasis 26/5  just went down to £16.72 which is a bargain.  We got a good deal on a guarantee cabin hence us buying the drinks packages as an extra.

Edited by livylotte

I do not believe that I have ever seen a free "drink pkg." on any RCCL sailing. As I understand it Uk passenger play by a different

set of travel rules/requirements than US/CDN requirements.

I think if you try and work out the math by comparing the same cruise (ex. ship, cabin, itinerary, dates, etc..) and you work out the

cost of the cruise with the "FREE" drink pkg. included and without the pkg. included you will find a hug difference in the cost of the cruise.

Nothing is truly FREE. Especially when dealing with RCCL. Their sales are not sales, etc....

4 hours ago, GEORGIEGIRL said:

I do not believe that I have ever seen a free "drink pkg." on any RCCL sailing. As I understand it Uk passenger play by a different

I think if you try and work out the math by comparing the same cruise (ex. ship, cabin, itinerary, dates, etc..) and you work out the

cost of the cruise with the "FREE" drink pkg. included and without the pkg. included you will find a hug difference in the cost of the cruise.

Nothing is truly FREE. Especially when dealing with RCCL. Their sales are not sales, etc....

Good point, we have paid £2026 (about $2600) for 2 adults, 2 children on an 8 night cruise in Oct 2019 on Adventure of the Seas. Dont know how that would compare to a US passenger?

2 hours ago, mcoler181 said:

Good point, we have paid £2026 (about $2600) for 2 adults, 2 children on an 8 night cruise in Oct 2019 on Adventure of the Seas. Dont know how that would compare to a US passenger?

If you post the category you have booked, we can look up the price.

10 minutes ago, Frankmac said:

We are being charged €53.15 per day including gratuity for September on Oasis. That would equate to around $60 and £45. We are being screwed it seems.

Sounds like it, I had read though that drinks are more expensive on the Oasis class though.

10 hours ago, GEORGIEGIRL said:

I recently did the 12 night Caribbean cruise on the Grandeur and got the free drinks package with the UK site. I compared it to the US prices at the time and it was about $200 per person cheaper on the US site Vs the UK site. So while a little more expensive for the cruise through the UK site i thought a drinks package for $200 per person was pretty good.