LIVE From the Star Princess - May 9, 2019 - LA to Vancouver 3-Day Repo

CanadianBurger

Hello everyone, and welcome to another instalment of my LIVE From... photo blogs.

This was a somewhat last-minute (two-weeks ago) cruise that I couldn't resist booking when I saw the sale prices. I booked a guaranteed inside, and ended up with an obstructed oceanview. It happens to be between two boats, so it's not that obstructed. I also got a moveover offer to go on the Golden instead a few days earlier, with 50% of the fare refunded. But since it was so cheap to begin with, half of the fare refunded wasn't worth changing dates.

I was working in New Hampshire this morning, and flew to LAX tonight. Now tucked in at the Doubletree San Pedro. This is a great hotel when leaving from the Port of San Pedro. They have a free shuttle to the port every half hour, a great breakfast, and a fantastic view of the marina.

This will be my first voyage aboard the Star, so I'm really looking forward to this cruise. Stay tuned tomorrow for pics. Let me know if anyone has any special requests.

Steve.

Royal Princess - December 2018 - Eastern Caribbean - Click here for LIVE From/Patters

Edited by CanadianBurger

9 hours ago, CanadianBurger said:

This will be my first voyage aboard the Star, so I'm really looking forward to this cruise. Stay tuned tomorrow for pics. Let me know if anyone has any special requests.

Enjoy Captain Tuvo.  He will be everywhere on the ship and he loves to talk with everyone.

Bye-Bye 

• Like 1

Wasn’t hungry this morning, and since I’ll be overloaded with food over the next few days, I decided to skip breakfast. But they do have a very nice breakfast area and the cooked-to-order breakfast was excellent the last time I was here. 

4340F7B5-DF07-4064-AEB3-6D9B367852D8.jpeg

I booked the 10am shuttle to the port. The driver was ready at 9:50, so we headed out. I always like to be early to make the most of my time on board, especially on these shorter voyages. We arrived at the port by 10, and I was able to head inside and upstairs right away to check in. A view of the ship as we approached...

4D7BD16D-8DFD-4C36-8F98-93816474B318.jpeg

Check-in will be opening at 10:30. I was the first to arrive in the aft priority check-in area. There are two separate priority check-ins, one for forward cabins, and one for aft. Regular check-in is in the middle. 

F1063BD9-CE7C-497B-B480-CFA255B7B67D.jpeg

Check-in started promptly at 10:30, with Elite and Platinum guests, followed by suite guests. I was incorrect earlier; the two priority check-in sections are organized by deck, not fore/aft. 

Ten minutes later I was through security and seated in the elite lounge with the usual pastries, juice, and coffee. 

3D1058FD-1852-433A-B73D-C4144A138899.jpeg

We just got off the Star 3 hours ago and sitting at the airport waiting for our flight home 😭.  You’re going to have a wonderful time.   Captain Tuvo was beyond fantastic.    He was everywhere.   Always out and about shaking everyone’s hand.   His regular announcements were entertaining as well.   The ship is very nice for its age.   Looking forward to following along and wishing I was still onboard.   BON VOYAGE!!!!!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, CanadianBurger said:

Check-in started promptly at 10:30, with Elite and Platinum guests, followed by suite guests.

Suites "after" elite and platinum ??? - that's got to be at least half of the ship, right ?

7 minutes ago, voljeep said:

Suites "after" elite and platinum ??? - that's got to be at least half of the ship, right ?

Not too many people here yet, so suites were called literally two minutes after elites and platinums. 

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, CanadianBurger said:

MDR Lunch. No Parmesan basket. Yet... 

78DEAA02-7985-484A-86E1-C1198F01ED0F.jpeg

Apparently, on some ships (not all), you can request ahead of time for a basket.

We got one on one ship and were turned down on a different ship...can't remember which ships they were, but both within the last year or so.

Edited by JF - retired RRT

If you can, make it to the comedian's show, Robbie Printz, just got off the Royal and he was on, hilarious, best comedian I've seen on a Princess ship!  And so jealous of your Chateaubriand, one of my favorite dishes, and they did not serve it on the Royal!