concierge lounge Or grills lounge

Deafcruise

On QE and QV they are the same place. On QM2 the Grills lounge is a bar next to the restaurant and the concierge lounge is on deck 9 where you can talk to the concierge as well as find coffee, fruit juice and pastries.

On QV and QE, the concierge has a desk in the Grills Lounge.  On QM2, s/he has her/his own separate lounge, where coffee and snacks are also available. However, it is rather a grim, windowless space, unlovely compared to the rooms on the other ships, but the concierge is available for much longer.

9 hours ago, exlondoner said:

Unless you are claustrophobic.

It is hardly claustrophobic. It is a large, well lighted room with a bar for refreshments and chairs and tables to sit and enjoy or read some of the reading material provided. It is more convenient to Queens Grills customers, than the Grills lounge and concierge on QV and QE which are on a higher deck and not staffed full time. 

• Like 1

In the good old days on QM2, they also published broadsheet daily newspapers that were only available in the Concierge Lounge. Alas, the printing machine broke down a few years ago and all we get now is the A4 abridged versions.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, exlondoner said:

On QV and QE, the concierge has a desk in the Grills Lounge.  On QM2, s/he has her/his own separate lounge, where coffee and snacks are also available. However, it is rather a grim, windowless space, unlovely compared to the rooms on the other ships, but the concierge is available for much longer.

And what a splendid facility it is.

Far superior to that offered on the other two Queens

• Like 1

On the QM2 we enjoy both lounges, but note that the Concierge Lounge has no windows.  We do like to gaze out at the promenade deck and the sea from the Grills Lounge and can get coffee there after around 11:00 AM.

Concierge lounge is fine if you need to see the concierge, but there’s no way I would spend any time there.  As previously mentioned there are no windows, and it feels to me  a bit like a mediocre airline business lounge (minus the alcohol!)  I spend enough time in airport lounges with work as it is, so I would rather be somewhere with a view!

6 hours ago, Se1lad said:

Concierge lounge is fine if you need to see the concierge, but there’s no way I would spend any time there.  As previously mentioned there are no windows, and it feels to me  a bit like a mediocre airline business lounge (minus the alcohol!)  I spend enough time in airport lounges with work as it is, so I would rather be somewhere with a view!

Well put, quite dreadful and in no way special for what one pays for a suite.

7 hours ago, Se1lad said:

The concierge lounge is not in, my opinion, intended to be a spot where some one waits to catch a plane. It is designed to provide the passenger with concierge assistance or a place to grab a coffee or tea and proceed to one's suite balcony to enjoy it. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Bigmike911 said:

The concierge lounge is not in, my opinion, intended to be a spot where some one waits to catch a plane. It is designed to provide the passenger with concierge assistance or a place to grab a coffee or tea and proceed to one's suite balcony to enjoy it. 

I would agree.  However when I did a short 3 night cruise last year I was in a Q5 cabin next to the Concierge lounge - there were a couple of passengers who seemed to spend a morning in there drinking tea/coffee.  Still everyone likes doing different things on holiday I suppose!

• Like 1