ms Nieuw Amsterdam and Eurodam in Juneau May 13, 2019

Scrapnana

Hey no adios!  Hola!!  I was so busy digging in the garden I lost track of time, but I did make it here now - I thought I might see one of the girls arriving, but I guess they were early.  We've been having a heat wave for the last week, but it cooled off a bit today, and we may get some rain later in the week, so I had outside chores to do.  Anyone coming through Victoria in the next few days, Butchart's was gorgeous yesterday, but it's getting to the end of its time pretending to be Keukenhof!

Edited by Vict0riann
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Vict0riann said:

Hey no adios!  Hola!!  I was so busy digging in the garden I lost track of time, but I did make it here now - I thought I might see one of the girls arriving, but I guess they were early.  We've been having a heat wave for the last week, but it cooled off a bit today, and we may get some rain lter in the week, so I had outside chores to do.  Anyone coming through Victoria in the next f=ew days, Butchart's was gorgeous yesterday, but it's getting to the end of its time pretending to be Keukenhof!

I believe a poster from Netherlands - posted Keukenhof is open for one more week - the 19th.

They were mentioning to people getting off the NS.

Edited by Happily@Sea

1 minute ago, Happily@Sea said:

I believe a poster from Netherlands - posted Keukenhof is open for one more week - the 19th.

That should be just about it here, too, for the tulips and rhododendrons.

8 minutes ago, Vict0riann said:

That should be just about it here, too, for the tulips and rhododendrons.

I read somewhere the Dutch government sends a whole bunch of tulips (bulbs?) to Ottawa every year as a thank you for allowing the Dutch "prinsesjes" to call your capital city their home during WWII. One of the girls, Margriet, was born there however, the Canadian government allowed the hospital to be temporary Dutch land. With apologies for the thread drift!

Image result for Dutch tulips for Ottawa

Edited by Copper10-8

4 hours ago, Copper10-8 said:

I read somewhere the Dutch government sends a whole bunch of tulips (bulbs?) to Ottawa every year as a thank you for allowing the Dutch "prinsesjes" to call your capital city their home during WWII. One of the girls, Margriet, was born there however, the Canadian government allowed the hospital to be temporary Dutch land. With apologies for the thread drift!

Image result for Dutch tulips for Ottawa

And almost every big city (provincial capitals?) in Canada has a "Netherlands carillon" (bell tower) donated by the Dutch government.  We have one down by the Legislature.  I think Butchart's imported about 150,000 tulip bulbs last fall  - probably Ottawa gets even more.

Edited by Vict0riann
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Vict0riann said:

And almost every big city (provincial capitals?) in Canada has a "Netherlands carillon" (bell tower) donated by the Dutch government.  We have one down by the Legislature.  I think Butchart's imported about 150,000 tulip bulbs last fall  - probably Ottawa gets even more.

Seen yours several times but never heard it play

Victoria4.jpg