ms Nieuw Amsterdam and Eurodam in Juneau May 13, 2019

Scrapnana

Our Signature Sisters are back in Juneau for their second visit of the season.  Nieuw Amsterdam will be at the CT dock from 1300-2200 and Eurodam at the AS dock from 1300-2300.

Other ships in port are Ruby Princess at the FKL dock from 1100-2215 and Solstice at the AJ dock from 1330-2200.

Best HAL day in Juneau of the season so far.  There is a 0% chance of rain and there might even be some sun peeking out of the clouds.  High temperature will be 66F/19C and a low of 43F/6C.  Sunrise is at 4:37 am and sunset at 9:11 pm.

The PTZtv webcam can be found at https://www.juneauharborwebcam.com/.

Next up:  Oosterdam on Tuesday.

The Juneau regular schedule is falling into place with an added bonus of Amsterdam in FLL - returning from her Grand World Voyage on the last clear Thursday before Noordam and Westie start swapping Thursdays and Wednesdays.

The Signature sisters lead off the week. It will be nice to have clear weather.

I'm surprised I was able to open this, CC is especially uncooperative tonight. 

Edited by Happily@Sea

8 hours ago, Happily@Sea said:

The Juneau regular schedule is falling into place with an added bonus of Amsterdam in FLL - returning from her Grand World Voyage on the last clear Thursday before Noordam and Westie start swapping Thursdays and Wednesdays.

The Signature sisters lead off the week. It will be nice to have clear weather.

I'm surprised I was able to open this, CC is especially uncooperative tonight. 

6 minutes ago, ski ww said:

Hope to be here for sail in. I'm also having trouble with the CC site, thought it was just me.

Many of us have been having problems the last few days -- and we reported it on the "need help" section of CC.

This morning CC Help Jenn said it should be fixed.  I seem to be okay on my laptop, but still have to check out my phone and iPad.  It was Tapatalk that kept making me log in over and over.  My computer was giving me blank pages.

"In position" for the third time for Ruby P. :classic_cool:  Gotta have those mooring line winches ready and able to go when you're getting close )(within one to two meters) Otherwise she will overshoot and that does not make for a good day for her captain and the port agent who's calling distances

17 minutes ago, Copper10-8 said:

Nieuw Amsterdam forward mooring deck with storage drums and winches

The sailors guiding the rope on the storage drum. Before the line goes taut the sailors will step out of the way.

I've seen the aft ones on the R & S ships - viewed from the deck above  - looking down the stairway. Thanks for the forward view.