White Night

Werangels

Just now, Werangels said:

The new app tells you in the calendar which night is White Night.  For our Croatian cruise it is day 6.

I’ll be very interested to see if this proves to be accurate. In the past you haven’t been able to find out which night is white night until you get onboard. I hope you’ll come back here and tell us!

12 minutes ago, Host Grandma Cruising said:

I’ll be very interested to see if this proves to be accurate. In the past you haven’t been able to find out which night is white night until you get onboard. I hope you’ll come back here and tell us!

I shall!  Hopefully someone else will confirm on an earlier cruise.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, excitedofharpenden said:

That may or may not be correct. It is finally decided on the ship according to the weather so I wouldn't be 100%. The Aces Trio left Pursuit mid-April. 

Phil 

Good point regarding weather.  

The app is still in its experimental stage so do not rely on anything in it 100% - the other thing, its source will need to be updated - and we all know how up to date the website is so if it is the same process you can imagine there will be a lag in things being updated.  

Bottom line, white night - the evening is usually worked out by the officers a few weeks before hand but with one eye on the weather and where any fresh produce might arrive.  Even after you board and get the booklet which tells you when it is planned, you may well find an announcement changing that day for a variety of reasons.  I have even seen it cancelled on the morning of the day it was due and moved to a later date.

• Thanks 1

Hope it works better than the Celebrity app. In January, sailed on Reflection. There was lots of press before the cruise about the app. Downloaded it. It looked nice. It didn’t work. It gave out bad info. It mixed up everything. It had us boarding on the wrong day. It listed activities at wrong places or times. After a day of bad info, gave it up. Just let the cruise happen. Just got off a cruise that didn’t use any technology...no apps, no WiFi, no stress.  Only checked email in ports where there was free WiFi.  It was delightful not carrying a phone.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1