High Tea?

beaming90

I have tried to search but come up blank...Going on the Oosterdam in August.  Do they have high tea at some point while on that cruise.  A member of our party wants to know.  Thank you all so much!  PS - I have no idea what high tea even means...!

12 minutes ago, beaming90 said:

I have tried to search but come up blank...Going on the Oosterdam in August.  Do they have high tea at some point while on that cruise.  A member of our party wants to know.  Thank you all so much!  PS - I have no idea what high tea even means...!

There is a recent discussion of afternoon tea. CMax is correct, high tea and afternoon tea are not the same thing (and high tea is not a fancier/posh version of afternoon tea). If the person who asked about "high tea" is American, they probably were looking for afternoon tea. 

Edited by 3rdGenCunarder

Last December on the Koningsdam the head maitre d' told us that daily afternoon tea was still hosted by HA but their special teatimes--Indonesian tea service, cupcake tea, and the Royal Dutch High tea services had been eliminated.