specialty restaurant reservations

rundent

• 4 weeks later...

We're going to be on the Marina Veranda Concierge and get just one per restaurant.  For the Italian and the French I was hoping for maybe a second one each to try more things.  Are they usually booked solid, do you know?  Thanks.

11 minutes ago, clo said:

We're going to be on the Marina Veranda Concierge and get just one per restaurant.  For the Italian and the French I was hoping for maybe a second one each to try more things.  Are they usually booked solid, do you know?  Thanks.

Book your allotted reservations for early in the cruise and then try to add extra at the reservation desk in the lobby.

Willing to eat late and sharing tables increases your chances for extra rerservations..

Edited by Paulchili

Depends upon your particular cruise. Extras in Jacques is hardest to get.

Let’s be upfront. There is a pecking order for extra reservations. It is not first come, first service, in the reservation line. PH and above will get first dibs on extra reservations. However, as Concierge, you’re ahead of all the lower cabins. Also, O usually allocates extra Specialty reservations to lower cabins after a PH gets a certain number. OS, VS get all they want, whenever they want. They pay for it in their fares.

Be flexible in your requests, and you will score additional nights. If you’re interested in a 2 top at 6:30, forget about it.

7 minutes ago, clo said:

Specialty restaurants on Oceania are heavily booked. Thus the reason to jump on your computer to grab good times for allotted reservations as soon as your category's booking window opens. For additional bookings once you are on the ship...Depends on how flexible you are. If you are willing to share and willing to eat late there is a good chance you will get your additional seatings, especially since you are in Concierge class and it is a fairly long cruise.

Thanks to all of you.  Yes, definitely planning on booking as soon as available.  Sharing a table is NO problem.  I'm an early to bed, early to rise person so probably not dining late.  Also I can be a major suck-up so will try to work some magic 🙂