Sunrise Steakhouse

bjfitz0703

Yes definitely we have gotten into the habit of going 2 to 3 nights. We enjoy the relaxed atmosphere over the dining room and its more of an intimate setting. We enjoy the food options over the dining room as well.  Our upcoming cruise in November on the Sunrise we are booked 2 nights in the steakhouse and 2 nights in the Italian restaurant.  

1 hour ago, livingthedream1 said:

Yes definitely we have gotten into the habit of going 2 to 3 nights. We enjoy the relaxed atmosphere over the dining room and its more of an intimate setting. We enjoy the food options over the dining room as well.  Our upcoming cruise in November on the Sunrise we are booked 2 nights in the steakhouse and 2 nights in the Italian restaurant.  

Eating at the steakhouse lets cruisers experience what it used to be like to eat in the main dining room years ago. 

• Like 2

I always use about $100 per day as the food "value" on cruises.  $25 for breakfast, $25 for lunch and $50 for dinner.

I still think the steakhouse is worth the $50 allotment value for dinner + the $38 fee and that gets close to steakhouses on land for moderate priced entrees.  We go at least once if the ship has a steakhouse, sometimes twice on 7 night cruises.  We have never had a bad experience at any of them and I can't imagine the Sunrise any different.  Do it!  Have a great cruise too!

I agree try it. There were four of us three of us had the lobster and my daughter had the Wagyu steak. The lobster was good and since this is not offered on the 4 night cruises we thought it was a good choice. My daughter really liked her steak its a specialty meat so its rare to find. Just make sure you pick all you choices we thought you could only pick soup/salad or an appetizer. Third night in we realized you could get both. Lobster bisque was good I cant remember what appetizers we ate.

Cheese cake was pretty good and the chocolate sphere was also good.   My daughter who is 21 said lets just eat at the steak house every night from  now on when we cruise. 

• 2 weeks later...
28 minutes ago, thesmiths said:

Do I contact SNmaitred@carnival.com for advanced reservations for the Steakhouse and Italian?

no. For reservations, you can do it online via the my cruise manager. my steakhouse reservation email came from SNSUPPER@carnival.com

Edited by shof515

We ate at the steakhouse on Sunrise over the weekend.  We did not reserve before boarding.

Appetizers and salad were good.   I had the surf and turf and the filet was the smallest filet I had ever seen--maybe 1"x3".  But it was sufficient for me and quite good.   I think the sides offered are more like Applebee's--the fries were greasy, mashed just ok, onion rings; garlic greens were good.   The baked potato I saw served to someone was very small. 

The ice cream was pepper fig and it was really good!   The chocolate sphere was just ok IMO; didn't care for the tiny bit of custardy stuff in the middle.   

We don't regret paying $38 per person and it was a good experience.   

Note this steakhouse is small.   

34 minutes ago, mizLORInj said:

Appetizers and salad were good.   I had the surf and turf and the filet was the smallest filet I had ever seen--maybe 1"x3"

It clearly says 4 oz, which is less than 1/2 a regular steak. I have never seen fries or onion rings in the Steakhouse

42 minutes ago, coevan said:

. . . I have never seen fries or onion rings in the Steakhouse

If you go on Sunrise, you will!  😄  We ordered the fries (too greasy) and the person next to me had the onion rings.   I would have liked if they had more other veggie options as sides.  

1 hour ago, coevan said:

It clearly says 4 oz, which is less than 1/2 a regular steak. I have never seen fries or onion rings in the Steakhouse

Yes I would suggest NOT getting the surf and turf if you are  hungry.  Look at my fork in the picture  compared to the steak😆.   In my excitement of the restaurant.  I didn't look at the steak size I just had in my mind "Surf and Turf"...

If you are interested we did a review of the steak house. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Fd-gHG8LyI

surfturf.jpg

• Haha 1