Best prices for Cruise Planner Items?

Hi Everyone,

My trip on the Symphony is not till next January, and the current prices in my Cruise Planner seem high for the few items I was considering purchasing.  Would you mind sharing with me the best prices you have seen (ie, on "sale") for:

- Voom Surf & Stream 1 device

- CocoCay Chill Island Cabana

and

- "The Key"

I'm waiting for a "sale" to come along, but I was wondering how good of a deal I could really expect.  Thanks for any info you  have!

Karen

Not sure on pricing but the cabanas do sell out... so if you see you might want to grab

advice I got was to buy and if price goes down you can cancel and redo... especially on internet and drink packages

sales happen and at different times for each ship/itinerary ... there are typically Black Friday sales

on the grandeur in Nov I just booked internet at $13.99 and refreshment beverage (nonalcoholic) at $20.  I also redid our balloon excursion on CoCoCay which saves me $10 each... was considering chill island cabana as a splurge but sold out   

7 minutes ago, PRPLE said:

Not sure on pricing but the cabanas do sell out... so if you see you might want to grab

advice I got was to buy and if price goes down you can cancel and redo... especially on internet and drink packages

Hmmmm.  You've given me something to think about.  Thanks for your reply.

I booked on Harmony for Nov 3rd, right off the bat many of the shore excursions were 25% off. I was planning on going 3rd party but ended up booking through RCI at those prices, I've seen them bounce since then to 20% (a little higher) and no discount (a lot higher).

I have been watching the key which was originally $37.99 a day pp. It's now $29.99 and I'm only considering it at $19.99.

I was planning on and did purchase a soda plan for 1 ($9.99 per day) , and voom surf & stream ($13.99 per day) then I saw them combined for $20.99 ($3 x 7 savings). I cancelled the 2 I had and re-booked the sale saving the $21. If I get the key at $19.99 I'll have to cancel again and just get soda again (which has actually gone down to $8.99). 

It looks like RCI fluctuates prices worse than amazon right now, To note, this has all occurred in around 4-5 weeks since I booked.

Edited by basictek

33 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

I have seen surf and stream at 11.99 and the key at 19.99. 

Those sound like very good prices.  I would buy both if I could get those prices.  Fingers crossed!

17 minutes ago, basictek said:

I booked on Harmony for Nov 3rd, right off the bat many of the shore excursions were 25% off. I was planning on going 3rd party but ended up booking through RCI at those prices, I've seen them bounce since then to 20% (a little higher) and no discount (a lot higher).

I have been watching the key which was originally $37.99 a day pp. It's now $29.99 and I'm only considering it at $19.99.

I was planning on and did purchase a soda plan for 1 ($9.99 per day) , and voom surf & stream ($13.99 per day) then I saw them combined for $20.99 ($3 x 7 savings). I cancelled the 2 I had and re-booked the sale saving the $21. If I get the key at $19.99 I'll have to cancel again and just get soda again (which has actually gone down to $8.99). 

It looks like RCI fluctuates prices worse than amazon right now, To note, this has all occurred in around 4-5 weeks since I booked.

I agree that those Cruise Planner prices can be all over the map.  Ever since I booked (not very long ago), the prices that I see have stayed at the "no discount" level.  I'm hoping to score a bargain by waiting and watching.  "The Key" does not even appear in my Planner, so I don't know if it's sold out (already??!!) or just not available yet.  I would only do it if I could get it at around $20.

Edited by karen_g
To add to my reply

I have seen the key at $19.99, $24.99, $29.99 and $34.99.  Current price in my planner is $29.99. We sail in under 30days.

I purchased surf and stream for one device as an add on to the deluxe drink package for $10 a day.

The cabana is something that is limited in quantity  so if you like the price book it and watch for a price drop. 

8 hours ago, karen_g said:

Those sound like very good prices.  I would buy both if I could get those prices.  Fingers crossed!

Remember that the key already have internet included.