Crown Princess USB outlets?

Pacificlander

No, It's onl;y the 21st century, gotta wait another 100 years, when USB will be replaced with something else 🙂 I've commented on this on my 'review' for years, other cruiselines are including them. Putting 2 in the bedstands would be awesome.

Some ships do have USB ports on the "new" bedside table lamps. We've been on 2 ships this year that had them. Interestingly, when I reported it here, someone posted they'd been on one of the ships at approximately the same time and didn't have USB ports. Princess inconsistency strikes again. :classic_ninja:

Be prepared and hopeful.

BTW: if you do get a cabin with the new lamps...the base is bigger than the old one and take up most of the space on the tabletop. If you want to put a CPAP or even a book on the top, they won't fit.

1 hour ago, MissP22 said:

It looks nice but a lille large for traveling. 

It's about 4 inches and the cord is not 4 ft. as stated in the discription..more like 8 inch.  We took it with us last time we sailed.  
But you get the picture...there are many varieties available on Amazon...just make sure to choose one without a surge protector.

Edited by suzyed

16 minutes ago, JF - retired RRT said:

Some ships do have USB ports on the "new" bedside table lamps. We've been on 2 ships this year that had them. Interestingly, when I reported it here, someone posted they'd been on one of the ships at approximately the same time and didn't have USB ports. Princess inconsistency strikes again. :classic_ninja:

Be prepared and hopeful.

BTW: if you do get a cabin with the new lamps...the base is bigger than the old one and take up most of the space on the tabletop. If you want to put a CPAP or even a book on the top, they won't fit.

We didn't have the new lamps on the Crown when we sailed in March...but maybe now?  

15 hours ago, Husky61 said:

Just take an USB adapter with you and use the outlets.

Last month on the Regal (which doesn't have USB outlets) I used a "Europlug" (2 round pin, Type "C") USB

gadget plugged into a 240v stateroom outlet that I wasn't going to be able to use otherwise, anyway.

If you bring your own make sure it does not have a surge protection function as it will be confiscated. Keep some papaerwork for the one you bring just in case there is a question about it.

3 hours ago, Potstech said:

If you bring your own make sure it does not have a surge protection function as it will be confiscated. Keep some papaerwork for the one you bring just in case there is a question about it.

Sometimes it will & sometimes it wont. 

18 hours ago, Potstech said:

15 hours ago, MissP22 said:

Sometimes it will & sometimes it wont. 

You miss the point.

Not "...as it will be confiscated", but "...it can catch fire".

MOVs (metal-oxide varistors) degrade as they supress surges.  Shoreside, that's

a minor problem -- eventually the MOV degrades to where it stays warm all the

time and a red light comes on so you know to buy a new power strip.  Afloat, the

wiring is different, giving you a short circuit instead.  Just when that will happen

depends on how much surge the MOV has seen, but one big one can do it. 

https://www.dco.uscg.mil/Portals/9/TVNCOE/Documents/SafetyAlerts/SurgeProtectiveDevices.pdf?ver=2017-08-11-142750-690

BTW, don't miss the part in the document that says "There is no official UL

standard for Marine Surge Protective Devices despite numerous retailers

advertising 'UL Marine 1449' ".

1 hour ago, Haboob said:

You miss the point.

Not "...as it will be confiscated", but "...it can catch fire".

MOVs (metal-oxide varistors) degrade as they supress surges.  Shoreside, that's

a minor problem -- eventually the MOV degrades to where it stays warm all the

time and a red light comes on so you know to buy a new power strip.  Afloat, the

wiring is different, giving you a short circuit instead.  Just when that will happen

depends on how much surge the MOV has seen, but one big one can do it. 

https://www.dco.uscg.mil/Portals/9/TVNCOE/Documents/SafetyAlerts/SurgeProtectiveDevices.pdf?ver=2017-08-11-142750-690

BTW, don't miss the part in the document that says "There is no official UL

standard for Marine Surge Protective Devices despite numerous retailers

advertising 'UL Marine 1449' ".

All I was saying is they they never check any of the strips I've brought with me.

Either they don't seem to care or they just trust that everyone knows the rule. (which I seriously doubt)

Only one time has our checked luggage been opened before it came to the stateroom.  That was because Ms satxdiver had accidentally left a bottle of wine in her luggage instead of hand carrying it along with the other bottles we had hand carried onboard.  BTW they never charged us the $15 fee for the one bottle in the luggage.  We had brought six bottles onboard and paid the $15 fee for four of them.  Like others we always carry a power strip and USB 6 port charger for every cruise in our checked luggage.

I just use my multi-usb charger and a small extension cord with 3 outlets - they're always in my backpack.

But, these motion sensor lights are the bomb! I bring one every time we travel! Plus we have one in the bedroom, the top of the stairs and in the guest bathroom & bedroom.

Edited by CruiseVA