SHUTTLE FROM HEATHROW TO SOUTHAMPTON AND RETURN

We are taking a MSC cruise out of Southampton in September. We understand MSC does not organize a bus to and from like other cruise lines. Does anyone have a reasonable company that does group shuttle buses or vans

How many are you?

I took the National Express bus that leaves from Heathrow to a few blocks from the ship.23pounds one way (which included a 5Pound added charge to change the booking within in a 24 hour window before or after time booked)...which helps with overseas flights in December.

2 hours ago, mef_57 said:

How many are you?

I took the National Express bus that leaves from Heathrow to a few blocks from the ship.23pounds one way (which included a 5Pound added charge to change the booking within in a 24 hour window before or after time booked)...which helps with overseas flights in December.

Yes National Express run from Gatwick to Southampton Coach station. Then get an Uber from there to the terminal. Quite cheap if not a little long journey time.

Since the OP might not know UK that well, National Express is a widespread UK bus company - much better than US Greyhound - and services several airports.

For the short distance from the National Express office in Southampton to the cruise ship, I would just take one of the taxis hanging around rather than organize and wait for an Uber.

Not having been to UK myself prior to my Southampton cruise departure, I really enjoyed the trip. It goes through Winchester, home of Winchester Cathedral (if you are old enough to know the song by this name by the New Vaudeville Band) and even just the countryside is lovely.  As a bird watcher, I was even able to add some new birds to my list. One can catch a short nap if jet lag is an issue, and arrive in Southampton a little more coherent.

https://www.nationalexpress.com/en

we use them a lot when we cruise from Southampton and fly back to Heathrow or Gatwick where the car will be packed. For terminal 2 & 3 you go to central bus station this is a benefit as often coach starts there so easier to board etc. for terminals 4 & 5 coach collects at terminal. As long as you are booked on the coach you will get on. 

National Express is excellent.  We had 4 people with 8 pieces of luggage and the driver helped us with no problems.  The ride between airports is a bit over an hour maybe an hour and a half as I recall but very comfortable.  

If you want an almost first class transfer I would suggest Heathrow Gatwick Transfers. They will pick you up at the terminal with a private car and deliver you to the proper cruise terminal for about 50%  more.  I'm spending so much for my cruise and excursions that this is a small cost in proportion and relieves a lot of the stress associated with the transfer.  CTBob

ps - the 50% more is for 4 people, more for only 2 and less for 8.

Edited by CTBob