Picture Imperfect: Live on Harmony

On ‎6‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 10:00 PM, Familygoboston said:

NOT IMPERFECT PUCTURES! 

We interrupt this this review of imperfect pictures to share (drum roll please!) some of my hubby Jeff’s much less imperfect photos of our excursion today! (Many from the underwater camera) One shows the crowd on the Fast Cat, the others are of harmony in St Thomas. 

Enjoy! 

The crowd on the Fast Cat

B341B7FF-1FEE-4C4E-9839-BFA71E02BF1C.jpeg

Sea turtle

3D065599-114E-4E57-9898-425C06A09D2B.jpeg

Harmony in Crown Bay 

CBB95A4A-7A72-42FB-AD73-D5E74CC5F8E0.jpeg

Stilt walker at the dock 

A3252382-D15C-4D9C-BF23-CEFC6CCAAB13.jpeg

Ray

5EBA656B-2836-4290-B372-E72F806C3108.jpeg

Is that the Fast Cat or the VI Cat Catamaran?  Booked yourself or through Royal?  Great stuff, keep the info coming!  Enjoy!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Familygoboston said:

some of you know why I DID NOT 😳 go to the flowrider. 

Of you don’t know why... take a little diversion down this particular rabbit hole 🤣🤣

Oh, I have a very good memory.😎

• Like 1

“YOU CAN TAKE A RESERVATION BUT YOU CANT KEEP A RESERVSTION”

An adventure Royal technology. Royal Caribbean has made it possibly to use an app to see through the walls into the bridge. (Find X-ray vision while on deck 12 forward, the eye icon on your app while on board)  However, a MY TIME DINING RESERVATION made in January (and they could even tell me that I made the reservation in Jan down to the day I made it) What they couldn’t do was actually KEEP the reservation. 

Alexander the MTD manager made the mistake of asking if we liked the MDR, and we told him we hadn’t been yet but we had a reservation except that strangely, our sea pass card said we had main dining at 5 pm. (our  TA confirmed we had MTD, I have a copy of my booking for MTD, AND it shows up on the app as MTD) 

So Alexander knows he no longer has a table for us at 7:30 pm despite the fact that he can tell us we made the reservation on Jan 21st. This is the most Royal Caribbean of Royal Caribbean I T stories ever. I’m almost happy it happened just to have the manager admit “well what happens on the website does not make it to the ship “ REALLY?! I had no idea Royal had IT challenges  🤣🤣

Luckily, Alexander set us up for a 7:45 PM late dining table just so I can get my lobster. I’m not entirely sure any of this food will be worth it but it will be worth it for the story alone,  and I just love this story. 

MEANWHILE everyone else was eating lunch in the MDR. Another highly recommended idea in a busy sea day, they have ALaCarte food or you can do the buffet, hot stir fry station or get a mixed chop salad from the salad bar.  

ED81D597-D139-43B7-B561-5D74D3EE35FF.jpeg

2EF147E7-5986-4CD0-BD06-5B81E657C870.jpeg

A7526B35-319E-4F7D-B89C-72055699B1C2.jpeg

473EFA5F-6B30-4C8A-AF09-E80CFAF5ABD5.jpeg

6959115F-1E71-477E-951D-D4CE28072067.jpeg

Edited by Familygoboston
  • Like 1

While I was off getting pasta my wife witnessed this circular exchange of non-information. The manager saying yes you had a reservation but we don’t have a reservation for you. 

Luckily, I was off getting freshly made custom order stir fry pasta.  

063DC28E-F88B-450A-B7E3-97B3AAFC8397.jpeg

• Like 1

Big Daddy’s hideaway resort aqua show.

The entertaiment on this ship has been phenomenal! Truly top notch. I feel like it’s about  $100-150 pp for  shows  of this caliber in my home city and you see them all I’m included in your cruise fare here. 

292A358D-B1E2-4CD3-B476-69D37AF0989A.jpeg

16C3F4CE-D59F-41E1-A526-AA3466C99FA9.jpeg

Edited by Familygoboston
  • Like 1

That stir fry station was in the MDR for lunch?  I know everyone seems to love the MDR lunches but we’re not fans.  I’d try again for that though.

Sorry about your reservation.  Glad it was taken care of.  If you’re not busy (or you’re hungry) prior to 7:45, check the WJ for lobster.  2 summers ago they had lobster on BOTH nights 6 (formal night) & 7.  On formal night they actually had a big seafood spread.  No such luck on Radiance last summer.  We were only in Alaska, dunno why I’d expect seafood.  🤣

• Haha 1

We took an UnCruise to Alaska. They HS only 70 people on board. The chef sourced local produce and fish , including all you could eat king crab legs one night. And when we aren’t eating local we are kayaking in a secluded bay from the back of the ship. That’s the way to do AK😉

We spent 10 days on land traveling from Fairbanks to Seward while staying in 5-6 different towns before we ever got on Radiance.  I got plenty plenty of local seafood, just not on Radiance.  🙂

Yes swank pad, but before you get toooooo excited they describe it as lobster AND seafood, and there is quite a bit of pollack fish crab stuff in it too. That said it was really good and in a nice bun too! But not s yummy NE straight up lobster roll, but that wasn’t my expectation!  Not sure if it’s an every day thing or just on the menu this day?!

DAY 6 CRUISE COMPASS

ITS QUEST NIGHT, people!! 🤣🤣

and there’s a white night in the solarium. Looking forward to that.

First, my (possible??) reservations in Main Dining at 7:45 pm for lobster. I’m setting a low bar for BS. If they can’t get it together, I’m outta there. 🤣

8F6CEEA1-0912-4FB1-8B66-BF998F471A41.jpeg

4CE07222-CFC9-4BC0-A372-27A23CFDD7BA.jpeg

E88BA895-B8AD-45CD-B9F0-92BB0E5A65E9.jpeg

5C1B8978-0891-44A3-8E33-680194712AD9.jpeg

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Familygoboston said:

Oh good Mike, because a mass market AK cruise with nothing else in AK leaves a lot of AK out as you well know! 😉

we just met a couple onboard from Anchotage!! 

All credit goes to my wife for the whole trip.  I never even thought of going let alone spending 18 days there but her desire & extensive research led to our greatest vacation thus far.

We already agreed there would have to be a land portion when we return... and we will definitely return.  There’s just a bit of a price difference b/t last minute Caribbean cruises & Alaska so back to the Caribbean for now.  🤣

20 minutes ago, Familygoboston said:

Yes AK is a very expensive place generally! But it is well worth the visit! Sounds like your wife planned an awesome trip! 

She found an outside company that was immensely helpful in planning the land portion but yes she did.

Finding good last minute cruise prices & excursions like Captain Bob is my domain.  She’s the adventurous one.

• Like 1

On 6/5/2019 at 8:32 AM, Familygoboston said:

DARKCHOCOLATE- I’ll ask Kelly about how long he’s on board. I’m sure we will be back to his sing along in the Schooner Bar another night.  Beatles was last night, people weren’t really singing, but there was not a seat to be had, so he’s very popular. We don’t carry cash but at the end of the trip we’ll put “bread in the jar” 🤣

If you get a chance, please remember to ask Kelly if he will be there the week of June 16th.  Thank you!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, darkchocolate said:

If you get a chance, please remember to ask Kelly if he will be there the week of June 16th.  Thank you!!

Kelly will be on board until 7.28.

Enjoy!!

• Like 1

Our third chocolate covered strawberries plate of the cruise. Not sure where it’s all coming from. (I don’t really care for strawberries). A bottle of wine was delivered as well as a cheese plate. We’ve eaten so much today, and food just keeps appearing in our cabin. 

FF87C3F7-5133-4C66-941E-1575A7EE2622.jpeg

Edited by rsharp83

THE DINNER KERFUFFLE SOLVED. 

Well say what you will about Royal IT, no matter how messed up things get,  the staff  on board manages to come through. 

Managers Akexander (MTD) and  Sameer(silk late seating)  made sure that despite the fact that Royal IT took a reservation but did not KEEP a reservation on board, (even though the app had a MTDreservation for 7:30 and even REMINDED me with a notification “ you have plans!” 15 minutes before )  they made sure we had a place to eat at 7:45.pm. 

Although it was clear out little table for 2 was added just to accommodate us, we were accommodated. And again Royals on board experience always trumps the pre cruise experience! Excellent service as always! 

Our first and only dinner at silk was very good. Formal night, lots of dresses and suits, most guys in ties at least. We had gnocchi and lobster, I also enjoyed the chilled strawberry soup,  finished the evening with the molten chocolate cake, one of our fav MDR deserts. 

Here is your formal night menu, a few food shots and our hastily arranged little table! 🤣

74D61968-09D5-41A3-9DF6-791B81FCEBC5.jpeg

CECDEEC5-9307-46A1-B3E3-885D492CDB05.jpeg

0DB26F2A-DA69-4CB4-B3B8-2B41062AE715.jpeg

B8EDC9D7-EFE0-4E16-90CA-BDED48E760C2.jpeg

C6A9C842-AFDE-41F0-AA9C-CA0D52AC7DF7.jpeg

Edited by Familygoboston
  • Like 1

Bring the strawberries to quest- I’ll eat them! 🤣

So Randy and I have been strategizing our Quest plan all week. Selecting our choices to recruit for captain. (Rodney is already a cruise character having come in third in sexiest man.) Discussing best seating arrangements, basically team building, everything short of actual cheating by bringing items, (which makes Quest no fun for anyone.) 

Let the good times roll!