Picture Imperfect: Live on Harmony

10 hours ago, rsharp83 said:

Our third chocolate covered strawberries plate of the cruise. Not sure where it’s all coming from. (I don’t really care for strawberries). A bottle of wine was delivered as well as a cheese plate. We’ve eaten so much today, and food just keeps appearing in our cabin. 

FF87C3F7-5133-4C66-941E-1575A7EE2622.jpeg

I very much appreciate bottles of wine showing up in the cabin but food like this or cookies that are available in plenty of places around the ship for no charge I can do without.

Flow Rider = FAIL

I am a vet of the flow rider. Now, that doesn’t mean I’m a GOOD flow rider vet, it just means I can stand up and ride a bit before I wipeout. (Note to those following closely, I’ve never lost any clothing on the flow rider).

Friday morning the compass said flow rider open 9 am to 6 pm. That’s all. No breakdown of any sessions that were for this or that group only. So I dragged myself out of bed while my wife was still zzzzzzzzzz, and quietly left the cabin.  I was prepared! I had my long sleeve UV protection T-shirt from Adventure Antigua. Minimal other stuff. I had pre-signed waivers. I was mentally prepared to get my big 30 second ride done. 

I arrived early, others did as well. Finally, they opened up check in. I was given a white wristband. Wait, “I’m doing stand up not boogie board,” I said. The reply was, “New Royal policy, everyone has to do the boogie board first.”  *****? I told him that I’ve done several cruises and I am an experienced flow rider. (Note. My phone tried to predict my next word as I typed that sentence. It predicted AWESOME as in, I am an awesome flow rider. My phone lies.)

No way around it, I must start on the boogie board. I took my white band and lined up. Then the flow rider crew said, “All suite and Key members line up here.” Huh? Yep, a private hour for the beautiful people. I can’t get my boogie boarding clearance for another hour. Grrrrrr. Meanwhile, on the stand up side it was Experts Only. So I was screwed both ways. 

I had had to be at our Group Photo in the solarium at 11:15 latest. No way I can get through boogie board, getting a new black band, and waiting in the stand up line in time. Since I am the organizer of this whole trip, I felt I probably needed to be in the picture. So, I gave up on the flow rider. It’ll be my first non flow rider cruise. 

I don’t like the new policy. I’d not heard anything about it. I’m wondering what other people have experienced.  

I don’t understand why the compass and app aren’t listing the specific sessions on the flow rider. They always have in the past. 

The flow rider rider was out. But I had another thing I could do...

The Abyss = OUCH

Since the flow rider was out I decided to get my Abyss ride done. It was open, there was no line, and I could maybe get a few rides in before a crowd formed. I walked over and the guy said, “I’m sorry sir but this a private session. You’ll need to come back at 10:30.” Grrrrrrrr. 

I killed time. I showed back up. He gave my my slide mat. I entered the fish mouth. 

It is a bit of a trick to get going. You need to scoot forward and that can be awkward. But mission accomplished and I was sliding into the Abyss! Picking up speed quickly and here comes the first turn...WHAM. Maybe I wasn’t leaning back enough or maybe that’s just what happens. I don’t know exactly. What I do know is that all of a sudden the side of my head is smashed against the slide and I can feel the skin burning off my face. (That’s probably a bit dramatic, but my skin was definitely in a losing battle with the Abyss).

I got repositioned and got my face off of the slide. I managed not to smack the slide again. The speed was pretty intense and I could feel the dizziness coming on. Then it was over. More scooting to get out. And I’m up and wooziness took over. My head hurt and there was a little blood on my head. 

Abyss 1, Randy 0. 

Several others from our group tried the Abyss. They all had similar tales of banging into the slide with shoulders and knees. 

I’ve done it once. Probably won’t do it again.  

Edited by rsharp83

Sorry to hear about the flow rider snafu & more negative Abyss stories.  I like thrill rides but these burn stories are really turning me off.  If I try it, it will be at the end of the cruise after our port excursions are done.  I can deal with a burn but don’t want any minor injury annoying me while I’m trying to enjoy my cruise.

• Like 1

Random question for you guys (maybe someone in your group will know).  In case you’re not soccer fans, the women’s World Cup started yesterday.  Are they showing it on the ship?

I’ve watched the men’s World Cup multiple times onboard & they always have a separate channel in your stateroom that shows the games.  They’ve even shown the US matches in bars, on the pool screen, & other venues.

There are matches at 9am, noon, & 3pm et today.  If anyone could check/ask I’d greatly appreciate it.  If not, no worries, you’re not there to run errands for CC posters & you’ve already shared plenty.

Enjoy your last day!

Edited by OCSC Mike

OFF THE HOOK! (Is that even a thing anymore 🤣) Anyway, a good tone was had by all. Quest involved the usual QUESTY wildness. I’m pleased to see it’s tamed down the homophobia and trans shaming activities and is more about good clean (dirty 🤣)  fun for people of all stripes!! 

Our team places second,I think entirely due to the cruise staff thinking a very drunk and inattentive team 7 was “cute” 🤣 Good fun was had by all, most clothing items were returned unharmed; reputations are another story! 

Quest was followed by a white night party on the solarium that was lit! (No, it was actually LIT with black lights and glow sticks 🤣) The young people didmist of the dancing but the advantage of the solarium party ( enter st the bar 3rd floor level) is there is plenty of space for we more experienced partners (ie old) to enjoy space to dance without worrying about tweaking a knee and you could even almost have a conversation. 

3C50C9EF-ED20-46C1-ACB1-7E472C0AE9A2.jpeg

EA2DC66C-E160-4419-9880-C9E9ADB80381.jpeg

166A575B-BBCD-499F-A18B-8A0582FAE864.jpeg

Edited by Familygoboston
  • Like 1

Mike- don’t think I’ll get a chance to ask about soccer but I can guarantee if it’s on ESPN 2 you’ll see it. No Stanley cup playoffs (we did ask about it earlier in the week) ALL they show is soccer soccer soccer, so if it’s soccer you want it’s soccer youkk get! 🤣🤣

i also ooted out on Abyss this AM. I can’t afgird an injury. We have a major move to do next week and I can’t be in the injured list! 

Coral sea - as for the weird side eye from the couple at this big table. Can you blame them? After a whole week,the head waiter shows up with a table and plops it down next to them. No worries,  it was a one night only thing!! 🤣🤣

97241254-3FB1-41F6-84BB-6FC337BA4BF8.jpeg

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Familygoboston said:

Mike- don’t think I’ll get a chance to ask about soccer but I can guarantee if it’s on ESPN 2 you’ll see it. No Stanley cup playoffs (we did ask about it earlier in the week) ALL they show is soccer soccer soccer, so if it’s soccer you want it’s soccer youkk get! 🤣🤣

i also ooted out on Abyss this AM. I can’t afgird an injury. We have a major move to do next week and I can’t be in the injured list! 

No problem.  Thanks for the info.  Sorry about the lack of NHL.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, rsharp83 said:

Kathy. It’s not just soccer, they’ve shown a TON of cricket. Just so excited for cricket. 

Also NBA Finals in the On Air bar. 

Along with the women's Soccer World Cup, the Cricket Men's World Cup is ongoing in the UK. So you will be seeing a lot of Cricket for the next month.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

Random question for you guys (maybe someone in your group will know).  In case you’re not soccer fans, the women’s World Cup started yesterday.  Are they showing it on the ship?

I’ve watched the men’s World Cup multiple times onboard & they always have a separate channel in your stateroom that shows the games.  They’ve even shown the US matches in bars, on the pool screen, & other venues.

There are matches at 9am, noon, & 3pm et today.  If anyone could check/ask I’d greatly appreciate it.  If not, no worries, you’re not there to run errands for CC posters & you’ve already shared plenty.

Enjoy your last day!

I am wondering the same thing.  USA women play Tuesday and we will be on the ship!! I hope they do!

1 more day until we get on the ship!! 

2 minutes ago, ShannonSC2 said:

I am wondering the same thing.  USA women play Tuesday and we will be on the ship!! I hope they do!

1 more day until we get on the ship!! 

Please let us know if they show it.

If not, you should be able to watch it via the FoxSports app if you have WiFi on the ship (live or on replay later).

11 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

Please let us know if they show it.

If not, you should be able to watch it via the FoxSports app if you have WiFi on the ship (live or on replay later).

I will let you know.  I know when we cruised in the past they have shown the men's world cup games but we were in Europe.  

Thanks for the reminder of the app.  I need to download now.  

14 minutes ago, ShannonSC2 said:

I will let you know.  I know when we cruised in the past they have shown the men's world cup games but we were in Europe. 

Thanks.  Men's WC was shown in the Caribbean as well.