Getaway after dry dock

Steff79

So... they've really made Vibe 3 times larger than it was?  That seems... strange considering everything I hear is that it's never full.

Do you actually SEE anyone hanging out in Vibe?  There's certainly no one in that photo.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, LeesaB said:

So... they've really made Vibe 3 times larger than it was?  That seems... strange considering everything I hear is that it's never full.

Do you actually SEE anyone hanging out in Vibe?  There's certainly no one in that photo.

I would think they did this more for the winter cruises in the Caribbean.  People literally run onto the ship to get tickets for those cruises and they sell out in minutes.  Personally, it is not worth it for us, as we just use the Haven sundeck and courtyard.

Thanks for all the pictures and information. I've sailed Getaway twice, not sure if I would do another cruise, but I'm enjoying the pictures of the changes. That is disappointing about access to the front of the ship.

Have a good cruise.

Heather

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Steff79 said:

I didn’t use the internet. In Europe i can use my smartphone in every country for the same condition as in Germany ( flat ). I only use my smartphone at ports. Sorry. 

Thanks for your reply!  We are on the 9 day Baltic Cruise followed by the TA to NOLA this October. I am scheduled to work part-time from the ship during the TA portion.  Hope someone here can advise if the Internet Cafe was upgraded during the dry dock improvements.  🙂

• Thanks 1

Thanks for all the great updates.  I can't understand why they wouldn't add a roof over the Haven pool deck.  Just came back from a trip on the Breakaway, which has an enclosed Haven deck with AC.  What a difference!  I understand when the Getaway was just a Miami-based ship, but now that it's more global, I thought for sure they would make this improvement.

On 5/24/2019 at 6:47 AM, Cm84 said:

Cool. That’s all brand new furniture in bliss lounge also. Appreciate the photos as there was nothing to be seen online about what they were doing. 

Thanks! I’ve been questioning my research skills because I couldn’t find much on line about the refurbishment of Getaway. 🤦‍♀️😊

Looks great! 

14 hours ago, Ctrinh225 said:

So are the rooms updated or just the outside/dinning areas? Thanks

I’m in a studio inside. Looks like the old but is in good condition. Can’t say for other staterooms but I think most is the old but after five years I think it is not necessary to make the rooms new. the whole ships looks in good condition. 

Edited by Steff79

On 5/29/2019 at 2:31 AM, www3traveler said:

I hope that the rest of your cruise is as wonderful as these first few days have been.

Yes enjoy it. Entertaining and staff is amazing. Headed pool to swim is great. Yesterday at See to Iceland the

ship was rocking.    Today we are now first day in Iceland. 

Today morning the door to the front was open. Best pics are taken there. 

072F8EB4-EE23-40C1-8C20-40D56A878DE2.jpeg

4A4B307F-476D-45DF-B4B4-E40A1706EFEF.jpeg

61E10FB2-3AD4-4250-88F7-7DB7F08B38D9.jpeg

28B198AB-1A6C-43C7-A356-E6D11177FC74.jpeg

Edited by Steff79
  • Like 7

These photos are incredible. Glad you are enjoying. I will be looking out for the boat in Edinburgh on Tuesday and at that point I will be just over 4 weeks from boarding.

• Thanks 1

On 5/24/2019 at 3:23 AM, Steff79 said:

Stairs are closed. Hope they can fix it soon. 

96F37BD9-02EA-4899-A875-02ADD15A9FF6.jpeg

When did Le Bistro become Headliners? -- Funny how memory works: Le Bistro is on the opposite side. Given that I have sailed this ship, you would think I would remember. I guess those 32 cruises are all starting to bleed together.

Edited by Cruiser Bruiser
Accuracy.

I‘m in a studio and there I didn‘t see a USB port  one. 

Enjoy my cruise. The entertainment is amazing. Dance battle was a blast. Yes, games in the atrium a crowded but i like it this way. But i‘m Tall and have a good view behind others.

all the musicians are great. Love that they join the shows each other or come on stage for example at howl at the moon. I’m not a coffee drinker so I can’t say something to Starbucks but see there a lot of people. 

Three days Iceland was amazing. It ist not midsummer but it gets not real dark in the night. Saw so many great things here. 

C932B637-E63C-4455-948C-F590D5FCA596.jpeg

8B61F6F3-4BDC-4BAD-A5AC-B09698B12099.jpeg

ACA3B2AF-AE35-4EB7-8D38-8EA4F2FBE6ED.jpeg

CD94C76E-B45B-4201-BEB2-86556E6454E1.jpeg

F2800987-3C9F-442D-8467-ED08499358F9.jpeg

C7F6A274-0109-451B-8F3F-760E8175F2BB.jpeg

8FC60C02-D9A9-428E-A12B-8EE4007A8354.jpeg

• Like 3