Getaway after dry dock

Steff79

Thank you so much for posting details and pics!! I'm loving seeing the changes and upgrades that have taken place 😍 Sailed on her last August and again this coming July - it's so great to see your first-hand photos to see what to expect!  

Sail away today. Can’t tell about the dj. But sie Norman’s  house and howl at the moon is today and the welcome show. I think most is the same. Maybe some furniture new. Maybe I post some pics from the getaway in the fjords the next days. I don’t buy internet on board.

the stairs are are repaired and open again. 

The front top deck seems to me like a bigger vibe to sell more tickets and make more money. But for me it is like a kick in my ass. This is a cold weather cruise and no one will buy a vibe ticket. So it is a death space and I can’t see ahead at the front of the ship. That is bullshit. Ncl if you read here, open it to all.  I will see what the next days bring. 

Pics are shot after muster drill. 

54851B9E-7935-46AB-BC8C-0A5ED5844863.jpeg

12FB670C-071F-49B2-813C-9F11A277F1FC.jpeg

76115CA0-F2D8-45DD-988B-F6B9DE53E1BD.jpeg

5856BF34-B324-4F70-892C-7E7E5FD32CA1.jpeg

3548F8EF-37F6-4CF9-BDA0-36F61C7A9267.jpeg

10C165A7-7AAC-4951-BC96-8B0A7C48BB66.jpeg

A7EBF1F2-D635-4D79-8E7F-467E93643E35.jpeg

Edited by Steff79
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Steff79 said:

E133E80F-DC70-438D-801F-FFBB7F1A8D05.jpeg

404066CB-B96F-4ED7-B9E5-6E9344FEC1E6.jpeg

CA194AE0-DB5D-4220-8D41-88750D62A10F.jpeg

The Bliss had high tables and chairs before:

DSC08341.JPG

We had our LCR games in there on sea days during our Getaway TA from CPH to Miami in Oct 2017. Great fun was had by all!!

Edited by bluesea777
  • Like 1

Given the number of delayed and canceled flights up and down the East Coast yesterday afternoon, they may be waiting for delayed passengers.

A friend of mine was delayed the airport because of lost luggage (which was found) but boarded about an hour later he had planned.

Love the pictures!   Thanks for posting for us😎

Is there still a walk-up window on the WaterFront for Ocean Blue?   We love getting the lobster rolls on sea days there.  Breakaway still has one and looking forward to our November cruise on Getaway.  

10 minutes ago, ronbe65 said:

Did they close the port side sun deck?

Can’t say for sure. But seems like if it belongs to haven or vibe or what else now. Boarding day today, cannot say more. It is a cold weather cruise so people don’t buy  vibe passes.

But that I can’t walked to the front of the ship makes me upset. 

I cant believe how time goes by so fast.  I last sailed Getaway when she was relatively a brand new ship.  Now she is getting her brief dry dock makeover.  Incredible.

Glad they added some comfy seating in the nightclub.  It used to be such a sterile room with a few hard bar stools.  

• Like 1

Looks like she was about 5hrs late leaving Copenhagen so she’s missing her first port of call which should have been at 2PM Saturday at Haugesund and going straight to Flam.

From onboard sounded like they had some problems in loading the provisions required.