Spa gratuity

12 minutes ago, coevan said:

their prices are outrageous compared to land spas. I pay $60 an hour here in Colorado, they charge $150 for 55 minutes and a free sales pitch

That’s because land spas have competitors where as the ships do not.  The prices do not bother as much as the sales pitch.  Every time I have a spa pedicure in the ships, they always market their products by telling me “Your skin is so dry!”  I tell them that if I buy their products I can’t give them an additional cash tip.  That shuts them up fast! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, coevan said:

their prices are outrageous compared to land spas. I pay $60 an hour here in Colorado, they charge $150 for 55 minutes and a free sales pitch

Was the sales pitch still free after you bought whatever they were selling at an outrageous price?😁 

The prices on the ship are comparable to hotel spa prices on land!

The ship is your hotel so comparing apples to apples is more logical than comparing the prices to a day spa on land that's not at a hotel.

15 minutes ago, riffatsea said:

The prices on the ship are comparable to hotel spa prices on land!

The ship is your hotel so comparing apples to apples is more logical than comparing the prices to a day spa on land that's not at a hotel.

That's correct !! I know in Orlando, Florida at the hotels, it's about the same or more. If you go to the small store front spas it's $80.00 an hour and it does not have the same ambiance as the ship.

Edited by Garf

On 5/28/2019 at 8:43 PM, Surrealistic said:

Is the gratuity included in the spa price for services when you pre pay before sailing? TIA

23 hours ago, Butterbean1000 said:

They add an 18% tip.

They only added $7.35 on my $49 hair appt

I got a pedicure yesterday on the Legend and tip was added at 15%.  I knew it would be more than home but I wanted to relax.  I tried but the girl kept going on & on with the sales pitch. Had to laugh since she kept saying my skin is dry and I know it is not.   

My husband bought me a massage for a gift and prepaid. They charged my card for the gratuity after my massage. After checking my account I found they charged me for the entire amount. I had to go to guest services and they claimed they charge you again and that they then manually remove the charge later.  So double check your account after.  There was a thread about this maybe a month ago. 

There was a long thread about folks who prepaid and then got charged again when they

actually went for the spa treatment. It sounded like a real pain to get the charges reversed!

There is no need to pre pay! Just make reservations when you get on board.

You do not need to add a cash tip in addition to the tip that is already added onto your bill!

If you don't want to buy anything just tell them up front that you are NOT interested!!

I don't understand folks that just sit there and let themselves be bothered by long sales pitches!

They don't do that to me!! I go in and tell them I am here for the treatment I booked and that's that!

I really don't want to hear about anything else! They don't give me any sales talks after that!!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, riffatsea said:

There was a long thread about folks who prepaid and then got charged again when they

actually went for the spa treatment. It sounded like a real pain to get the charges reversed!

There is no need to pre pay! Just make reservations when you get on board.

You do not need to add a cash tip in addition to the tip that is already added onto your bill!

If you don't want to buy anything just tell them up front that you are NOT interested!!

I don't understand folks that just sit there and let themselves be bothered by long sales pitches!

They don't do that to me!! I go in and tell them I am here for the treatment I booked and that's that!

I really don't want to hear about anything else! They don't give me any sales talks after that!!

I usually just go when they have a sale on board, but I prepaid because there was a coupon code for 25% off.  Also I could get the best pick of time slots. There was no additional charge added for the  gratuity when I prepaid (or service charge like in the fun shops), which I thought was odd since they include it when onboard.  I wondered if it was already included in the price..........that was my original question.  I don't listen to a sales pitch.  I just say a polite," No thank you" and have never had a problem.  As for the price which others have alluded to, it is comparable to spas in my area, usually cheaper. Thanks.