Unlimited Dining Package on Explorer OS during NYE

Just wondering which restaurants would be included in this package on the Explorer of the Seas?  We are cruising over NYE and have heard they jack up the price for NYE would we still be able to use this package for that night?  If we ate in the main dining room dose it work for ordering the up charge items such as a steak? 

3 hours ago, mattR said:

Just wondering which restaurants would be included in this package on the Explorer of the Seas?  We are cruising over NYE and have heard they jack up the price for NYE would we still be able to use this package for that night?  If we ate in the main dining room dose it work for ordering the up charge items such as a steak? 

We had it last year on the Allure and were not able to use it at Chops, Giovanni’s or 150CP on Christmas Eve or Christmas Day.  If you see Royal selling a special holiday dinner at an increased price you won’t be able to you the unlimited dining.

I'm on the same cruise and was wondering the same thing, so I'll be following along.  There doesn't appear to be much information out there about this NYE cruise, and where/what events might take place, and if all paid venues will be having their own special events, thus rendering the dining package useless on that night. However, I do believe that it does not cover any of the upcharge items in the MDR at all.

• Thanks 1

We are in the same boat for our Xmas cruise. I have purchased the package and spoken to rci twice re Xmas eve and night, and the use of our UDP. Rci on both occasions have told me I will be able to use it. The info says unrestricted and T&Cs say no longer say not valid on holiday sailings or list any blackout dates. I have taken screenshots and the rci reps said they have added info discussed in notes... hoping it all goes ahead. I have also made a booking directly at chops for Xmas night - got a great price prior to buying package and have kept this just in case, I will canx onboard once I know either way re package.

Hope it works out for you.

This is my confusion.  It shows available for purchase at $199/pp, but the terms and conditions read the following:

Prices are per person for the full sailing. All selections are subject to change. Royal Caribbean International reserves the right to verify eligibility upon arrival to the activity. Specialty Dining Packages must be booked at least two days prior to boarding and may not be available for every sail date. One reservation will be automatically created for the first night of the sailing. All other reservations must be made onboard and are subject to availability. Packages include service charge and food portion only for dinner and, when available, lunch service. For restaurants with a la carte pricing, you’ll receive a $35 food credit. Beverages not included. For Dining Packages, It is not required that children 12 and under purchase this product. Children ages 0-5 dine for free and children ages 6-12 will be charged a $10 cover at the restaurant. Not available on holiday sailings. Not valid for Chef's Table, or Culinary Experiences/Activities. Purchase of dining packages provides 40% discount off bottles of wine priced at $100 or less; 20% discount off bottles of wine priced over $100 while dining in Specialty Restaurants. Wine discount valid only with the purchase of 3-night, 4-night, 5-night, or Unlimited Dining Packages; other Dining Packages excluded. Terms of Royal Caribbean’s Alcohol Policy apply, including a minimum drinking age, which varies by itinerary. Offer is not transferable, not redeemable for cash, and expires on the final night of the cruise. VAT will be added to the price where applicable.  Terms of Dining Packages apply.

• Like 1

Which restaurants is it good for on the Explorer?  Dose it work with IZUMI?  How dose IZUMI work? online it is a $66 CAN meal price.

Edited by mattR

29 minutes ago, mattR said:

What dose one typically spend at IZUMI?  If they are selling a pre organized meal for $66CAN  is that what most people will actually spend?

Izumi will have a la carte pricing. Think about what you would spend at a sushi restaurant at home. It will be a pretty good estimate.