Escape Shows/Encore Shows

Does anyone know if Choir Of Man will return to the Escape after its done its run on the Encore in November and December? I understand that Choir of Man is on both the Escape and Encore. Is that right?  Is there anyway to find out how long the shows will be on each ship?  We plan to sail in  2020 to Bermuda and want to be sure this show is still on the Encore or Escape.

10 hours ago, Maplemoose said:

................... Further, the main show, Kinky Boots can't be booked until onboard which is unprecedented I believe. 

No show bookings are even open for Encore yet, so why would you think that?

Edited by LrgPizza

Because the app says so! It lists the entertainment options and for each one says either "book later" or "book onboard". For Kinky Boots it says the latter. And for Choir of of Man it says $15.95 as well. Pretty straightforward. I have always booked the main production before the cruise when reservations opened. It may be in error but that is what they are saying now! So I am not thinking that, I am seeing it! 

1 minute ago, Maplemoose said:

Because the app says so! It lists the entertainment options and for each one says either "book later" or "book onboard". For Kinky Boots it says the latter. And for Choir of of Man it says $15.95 as well. Pretty straightforward. I have always booked the main production before the cruise when reservations opened. It may be in error but that is what they are saying now! So I am not thinking that, I am seeing it! 

If its anything like my last couple on RCCL, the bookings are only more like suggestions and you'll be able to walk in for something like Kinky Boots.  Your seat might just stink.

Choir of Man being a charge is different, though.

I am pretty confident you will be able to book Kinky Boots at 120 days out like normal main theater shows. Not sure about Choir of man. It seems like the website is just coded incorrectly. It used to be an upcharge on the Escape because it was in the Supper Club. It is now in the main theater and is free, but can't be booked ahead of time online. Not sure how that will play out for the Encore, but I suspect it will be free, even if it's unavailable to book online.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Maplemoose said:

I see.  I'm going to assume this will work the same way as other ships, particularly new ships. They generally enter whatever on the web and app simply as a placeholder, since obviously it can't be opened up yet for anyone. Nothing that appears yet can be considered accurate, based on previous experience with other new ships. For that reason, I agree with Jamie that I assume we will be able to book this 120 days out like usual. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Maplemoose said:

And they are listing it as costing $16 whereas it has been included in the past. Further, the main show, Kinky Boots can't be booked until onboard which is unprecedented I believe. 

Show bookings open 120 days prior to cruise. For the very first cruises, that may be closer to 60 days. 

Choir of Man use to be in the Escape Supper Club as a dinner show for a fee. Being one of the most popular shows in the fleet, it was moved to the main Escape theater in late April 2018 as the second complimentary show (replacing For the Record). The listing showing a fee for Choir of Man on the Encore is likely an error until the real shows are loaded into the system closer to the first closes at the end of the year.  

Any of the online booking for Encore is just there to show what will be on the ship. It’s too far out for any of it to be booked, and any charges showing for Choir of Man is just a bunch of lazy cut and pasting of old Escape information. A lot of the details of the ship’s layout has yet to even be revealed. Honestly, the misinformation on the Encore is confusing and could cost NCL money. Someone should be held accountable for the cut rate lazy coding. 

• Like 1

The Choir of Man has announced earlier this week they will have groups on both the Escape and Encore they switch out casts every so often, but they seem to be planing to be on both ships long term.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

You normally don't pay for theatre productions. Hence, the confusion re Choir of Man. As for reservations, you don't need to make them but if you do you can get your pick of seats by arriving 30 minutes before showtime when the doors open. Otherwise, you join the standby line and can't enter until 10 minutes before the show. Much better system than I experienced on Carnival where there were no ressies and you had to stand for close to 45 mins to have a chance at a good seat. NCL entertainment was superior also. 

7 hours ago, cheeseclan said:

Okay newbie to NCL here...   We have to pay for shows and or reserve seats?  I am totally confused since i have never done this on other lines.  TIA

Main theater shows are free. There are usually two different main theater shows available on each ship. On a seven night cruise, each show will be performed twice on two separate nights. So there are a total of eight main theater performances (four of each show). Because the theaters cannot accommodate all of the passengers at once, it is recommended to make reservations for the specific show times you want to attend. Otherwise, you will have to wait in the stand-by line prior to the performance and won't be let in to pick your seat until 10 minutes prior to the performance. Having a reservation means you can walk in as soon as the doors open and have a better choice of seats (it's general admission seating, no assigned seat numbers).

As for paying for some shows, those are all outside of the main theater and performed in various venues on various ships. The paid shows usually include alcohol and/or food served along with the performance.

7 hours ago, cheeseclan said:

Okay newbie to NCL here...   We have to pay for shows and or reserve seats?  I am totally confused since i have never done this on other lines.  TIA

Which ship are you sailing? Some ships don’t offer reservations.