Anthem Of The Seas - Balcony Cabin - Access to TV Inputs

We were on Anthem 4 weeks ago and the inputs were blocked by a metal bar. HOWEVER ... we discovered that we could change the input with our universal remote to "Screen Mirroring" and connected to the tv from our phone using a screen mirroring app and stream Netflix from our phone to the tv. Worked like a charm! Just make sure your remote is pre-programmed for Samsung tv's to save the bother of having to program it. I got mine at Walmart for about $14.

Edited by ramja96

In a balcony cabin the TV swiveled out like they do on Symphony and Ovation.  In my case the right side was hinged and a gentle tug on the left side released the TV from the catch that secures it in its stored position.  It's designed to hinge out so you can watch it from the sofa.  With the TV away from the wall I could reach the HDMI inputs and using a Samsung remote brought from home change inputs.

In an interior with virtual balcony cabin on Anthem the TV mount was different.  It didn't hinge or swivel like the other cabins,  In this cabin there was no way to reach the HDMI inputs.  

19 hours ago, wee-haggis said:

Can I access the back of the TV's so I can plug in my video source to HDMI input ?  Does RCL allow access with supplied remote control  ?

Hi wee-haggis ☺️

The balcony tv's on Anthem can be pulled & tilted away from the wall well over 12" or more. Here is a very well done video created by another member showing step by step HDMI hookup instructions onboard Anthem.

HDMI balcony cabin hookup video on Anthem located @: https://youtu.be/ka15HF_rfyY

I hope this helps. 

🌴

Edited by PortSideCruzan

Thanks all. .... Couple of other questions.

Anyone been on recent cruise on Anthem to see if the metal blocking bars have been installed on all balcony cabin TV's ?

If I want a balcony cabin with the sofa by the balcony, is there a way to determine what side of the cabin the TV is on ?(ie: When you enter the cabin is the TV on the left or right......to see if I can access the back of the TV when swivelled out). Is it perhaps TV's are on different walls depending if you are port or starboard ?

7 hours ago, wee-haggis said:

Thanks all. .... Couple of other questions.

Anyone been on recent cruise on Anthem to see if the metal blocking bars have been installed on all balcony cabin TV's ?

If I want a balcony cabin with the sofa by the balcony, is there a way to determine what side of the cabin the TV is on ?(ie: When you enter the cabin is the TV on the left or right......to see if I can access the back of the TV when swivelled out). Is it perhaps TV's are on different walls depending if you are port or starboard ?

Anthem Nov18, Balc cabin 9160 with Sofa by balcony, port side.  TV was on left when entering the room, bed on right. The connections were on the side where mounting bar was so not as much rooms as if it tilted the other way, but we were still able to connect  cables with a little effort.

Edited by VaTech8912
added info

1 hour ago, VaTech8912 said:

Anthem Nov18, Balc cabin 9160 with Sofa by balcony, port side.  TV was on left when entering the room, bed on right. The connections were on the side where mounting bar was so not as much rooms as if it tilted the other way, but we were still able to connect  cables with a little effort.

So to be clear, even if the cable inputs were on the hinge side (with little TV  movement), you were still able to get your fingers in ? Did you hear anything about metal bars placed over inputs to block them ? Thanks again.

13 hours ago, wee-haggis said:

So to be clear, even if the cable inputs were on the hinge side (with little TV  movement), you were still able to get your fingers in ? Did you hear anything about metal bars placed over inputs to block them ? Thanks again.

Yes, I was able to get it connected with a little effort and hand manipulation with the input ports on the hinged side.  Actually, used my camera to see behind TV and see where ports where, then reached back and connected without having to move TV much at all. It took me a few minutes to find the right place without being able to actually see them.  I have not heard of any metal bars being placed over the actual inputs.  I have not been on Anthem since November, so it could have changed.... Maybe go to the "meet and greet" roll call board and ask someone on a soon to depart cruise to take a picture of the TV back, etc. to confirm? 

Edited by VaTech8912

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...