UPGRADE FROM CQ CABIN

We are planning to book a CQ on the Eurodam  or Nieuw Amsterdam.  We usually book a veranda cabin and mark it "do not upgrade".  This will be a longer cruise so we are going with an outside CQ and thinking of marking it as "ok to upgrade" since the next step up is a veranda.  Has anyone done this and what was the result?   Also are the veranda cabins on deck 4 loud....especially above the entertainment venues?

Thanks

15 hours ago, catl331 said:

There's pictures and comments about 3 of those 4 cabins HERE.  I think I'd rather have one of them than some veranda cabins, such as the VH.

Different classes of ship, however,  None of the pictures were of the Amsterdam, an R class.  I have seen a picture of a forward cabin on the Amsterdam and would not want it.  For one thing, it looked small. Secondly, I would think the motion in the bow would be worse than the stern, but that is just an assumption.  We like the balconies and NS in the stern of the ship and are not bothered by the motion, which I guess is somewhat greater than in mid-ship

4 hours ago, Tampa Girl said:

Different classes of ship, however,  None of the pictures were of the Amsterdam, an R class.

No, the OP asked about CQ on the NIEUW Amsterdam or Eurodam. There are no CQ on the Amsterdam.

Edited by catl331

42 minutes ago, catl331 said:

No, the OP asked about CQ on the NIEUW Amsterdam or Eurodam. There are no CQ on the Amsterdam.

You're right.  My mistake.  I was still thinking of the Grand Africa on the Amsterdam.  

With a pre-selected, known cabin number in the CQ category you would probably be in the very low probability zone for getting a no-fee upgrade to a verandah, those are more likely to go to guarantee bookings, but you might seek an upsell later in the game.  Worth asking about, but beware of upsells to a guarantee that could put you under or above an entertainment venue.  The music venues tend to carry loud and thumping bass into your room well into late hours.  The World Stage also has afternoon rehearsals so if you tend to want to nap or watch a movie then you'll have no peace and quiet.  I was not directly above, but above the World Stage rear entry-way and felt the bass rather emphatically on Koningsdam, but the world Stage hours are over earlier, 11pm at the latest, than say the BB King Allstars who play much later.   m--

2 hours ago, tommui987 said:

What is wrong with the "VH"  cabins other than the hanging tenders?

The VH on the Signature class ships are nowhere near the lifeboats, but have steel-wall railings, are above the Main Stage (and therefore sometimes noisy), and the first two (4001 and 4002) have a truncated balcony.

Edited by catl331