Adding a Passenger To Solo Booking

Daniel A

I'm sure this topic has been addressed before but I couldn't find it using search function.  DW and I are making a solo booking for the cabin next to us as a gift for our sister-in-law.  After we tell her about the gift, she may want a DD to join her in her cabin for the cruise.  Generally, how much more should we expect to have to pay for adding a second passenger given that we have already paid for two when making the solo booking?

2 hours ago, Coral said:

It will be minimal. 

What a great gift for SIL!

Travelling back to NY with DW, I took seriously ill and was hospitalized in Georgia about 950 miles from home.  The day after I was admitted to the hospital, SIL got on a plane, flew down to Atlanta and made her way to the hotel where DW was staying by herself.  SIL stayed with DW for the 3 weeks I was hospitalized and after release from  the hospital, SIL drove our car with us as passengers back home to NY.

Giving her a cruise with us is the least we can do for her!!!

• Like 4

Just be aware that depending on the cruise and how full the ship is and when the second person is added, you may not be able to add that second person.  If it's a summer cruise and the ship is full of a lot of triple and quad cabins, they may restrict any more people being added.  It doesn't happen often but the sooner you add that second person, the better because they can, and will at times, stop the occupancy as it is.

Just a small bit of extra advice...if the cruise is selling quickly, you may want to ask your TA to make a booking for two in that room.  Once capacity is reached in a section, you cannot add a second person to the booking.  ETA-I see Bobbie was posting the same thing at the same time...😁

Also, if you are booking under a special promo, you may want to lock in the rates for the second person at this time. It is easy to modify the second name on the booking before final payment date.  Ask your TA to explain the nuances, but it is usually easier/better to go from two down to one rather than go from one up to two.

Edited by cherylandtk
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1