Question about Multi-Device MedallionNet Voyage package sale

ams cruiser

Rather than quote about a half-dozen posts, I will explain a real-life experience with Medallion Net on REGAL this week (Baltic Cruise).

Pre-Cruise offer for Regular Cruisers = $100

Pre-Cruise offer for Plat/Elite Cruisers =$75

Notes on above:  This was in Cruise Personalizer for pre-booking and paying.   The lower price for Plat/Elite is a 25% discount for the unlimited Medallion Net internet experience versus the legacy free minutes benefit.

On-Board offer for Regular Cruisers = $90

On-Board offer for Plat/Elite Cruisers = $67.50   (again, 25% off)

Note on above:  This was the embarkation offer and as seen, was priced lower than the advance purchase.  I had inquired with Princess prior to booking/paying and indications were would be same.  Also, conflicting/unsure info here on CC.  I visited Internet Cafe shortly after boarding and the Internet Manager was more than happy to credit our shipboard account for the price difference as soon as I mentioned it.  

I have not checked the price beginning on Day 2 (perhaps I should ask, but why bother - it would be more just like the old minutes packages).  Princess posters and online ads where they state "Save 50%" I think are marketing hype.  Those ads indicate Medallion Net costs $10/day regularly.  Well, we got a good price but not 50% off that (which would be $55 for our cruise).

Suffice to say you should order your internet on board on day one shortly after boarding.  It's not going to be more than in Cruise Personalizer (no one has reported that on CC).  It is likely going to be a few dollars less.  

Another thing for Elites and Platinums.  We had to ACCEPT our benefit of 250 minutes, but not ACTIVATE that internet package.  Then logout and have the Medallion Net Unlimited applied at our 25% discount.  Unfortunately, a three step process, with one of the steps being done by the Internet Cafe.  At the same time the Mgr applied our price difference credit.

Edited by steelers36

7 hours ago, 13cheermom said:

We have the 7/day medallion net for 1 device $59.99 offer in our cruise manager, trying to decide if this is the best option or not.  Anyone out there know for sure?  Thanks!

On my June 29 cruise, the $59.99 for 1 device for 7 days was originally offered. Now, only a $9.99/day for 1 device, and $14.99/day for up to 4 devices is offered. If you have more than 1 device, the $14.99/day is a better deal.

4 hours ago, Bubbs33 said:

Once wifi is active can you setup your phone as a hotspot for other devices?

No. this is technically not possible. Once you setup hotspot it will drop your wifi connection for a cell phone data connection. BUT, you can buy this and use it as a hotspot

Edited by CruiseVA
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

We are leaving next week and I just want to make sure I have this straight. We will be on the Coral and have the option of the 4-device plan for Medallion-Net for $14.99/day or $59.99 for the week (I assume that is for one device). I called Princess and they were unable to explain the difference. My husband will be using his laptop and phone (and possibly iPad), I will have my phone and my son will have his phone. If I purchase the 4-device plan, does that mean that 4 of our devices can all be running at the same time?

6 hours ago, comet87 said:

If I purchase the 4-device plan, does that mean that 4 of our devices can all be running at the same time?

Yes.

ETA: Although I don't know why you are assuming that the $59.99 discount applies to a one device plan when it is stated as "$14.99/day or $59.99/wk". 

Edited by crystalspin

17 hours ago, comet87 said:

If I purchase the 4-device plan, does that mean that 4 of our devices can all be running at the same time?

Yes, But ....

They will all be logged into Ocean Concierge as the person with the Internet Package.

11 minutes ago, shirazcruiser said:

Why does my Cruise Personalizer have only one option which is for 4 devices?

Inexplicable.  Which ship and date?  Have you called Princess to inquire?  Regardless, you will be able to buy single device plans on embarkation - and the price will most likely be even better.

10 minutes ago, steelers36 said:

Inexplicable.  Which ship and date?  Have you called Princess to inquire?  Regardless, you will be able to buy single device plans on embarkation - and the price will most likely be even better.

Island in May 2021.  I haven’t called Princess since the sailing is so far away. 

2 minutes ago, shirazcruiser said:

Island in May 2021.  I haven’t called Princess since the sailing is so far away. 

Ah ha.  Well the Island is going to be Ocean Medallion for 2021 and I would just relax and wait until closer to your trip and see what is offered.  You can pre-book packages up to about five days before departure.  Or just wait for the on-board deal (only on embarkation day).

29 minutes ago, steelers36 said:

same here - SKY - new ship - December 2019

Just logged on to my June 2020 14-day cruise. Splash screen says "Online Exclusive Special Offers on All Internet Packages" Clicked on the SAVE NOW button. The options then given are "Multi-Device MedallionNet Voyage Package$14.99 4 devices, per day" and "MedallionNet Voyage Package – Save Over 50% Pre-Cruise!$99.99" (There is also "In-Cabin Calling To Shore 10 minutes $49.50" but you should activate internet calling and buy a package if you need voice!)

I went ahead and put the Multi-Device in my cart, specified for my name, and it appeared as "MedallionNet 4 device 2-30 days" with a price of $209.86. The single device at $99.99 says "MedallionNet Package 13 To 14 Days" in cart.

I bought the 4-device but will watch daily as I thought I saw a lower price at one time... Now I am reading the above about first day specials. May cancel as it gets closer if people continue to report better price for day of embarcation.

ETA: We have 5 people with four devices in two cabins, is why I got the 4-device. Perfect for our situation.

Edited by crystalspin

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/4/2019 at 7:56 PM, CruiseVA said:

No. this is technically not possible. Once you setup hotspot it will drop your wifi connection for a cell phone data connection. BUT, you can buy this and use it as a hotspot

You can't use hotspot, but you can use Bluetooth to connect another device.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 6/3/2019 at 1:58 AM, Ferd Berfle said:

To clarify:  All passengers can log on to the Ocean Apps as themselves and use all those apps,  they just can't access the Internet at the same time without the MedallionNet package, either 2 individual packages or the 4 device package.  You may be 2 people but may like us have more than 1 device each.   I.e. your Ipads and phones can be on the internet at the same time with the 4 device package.

This may not apply to you, but for Kindles and such that can't make it past the log in web pages and get on MedallionNet themselves, I got a travel router off Amazon for $45 (GL.iNet GL-AR750 Travel AC Router) but it needs USB 5v power source or  110v power, other routers that have a battery look to be available.  The router lets you connect the router to MedallionNet and creates a private WiFi network in your cabin or wherever.

Any suggestion or tip on how you got your router to work? In in the CB right now and for whatever reason my router isn't linking with medallion net. Maybe because there's not actual password for it to input? How'd you connect with yours?

• 1 month later...

Steelers36:

You wrote on June 4 the following:

“....Another thing for Elites and Platinums.  We had to ACCEPT our benefit of 250 minutes, but not ACTIVATE that internet package.  Then logout and have the Medallion Net Unlimited applied at our 25% discount.  Unfortunately, a three step process, with one of the steps being done by the Internet Cafe.  At the same time the Mgr applied our price difference credit”.

Is it possible to do this 3 step process without going to the Internet Cafe ? I am wondering what are the steps if I would like to “ redeem” my Elite 500 minutes ( 28 days sailing) for the Unlimited on embarkation day without lining up in front of the internet cafe.

thank you

• 3 weeks later...

OK so trying to get my head round this.. Going on CP for 14n in April with 3 of us sharing a stateroom including 2 adults who are elite status. Am I correct that:

1. I can get the unlimited 4 device package that means my phone, my wife's phone, my daughter's phone and my daughter's iPad can all be connected at the same time BUT all using the ocean concierge account of the person whose name is given at the point of purchase - presumably me? This means that the ocean concierge messaging service will not work between us and only I can use it to order drinks etc? However, we can message each other using iMessage or whatsapp no problem?
  2. If we want to change devices, eg I wanted to swap my phone for my laptop, we just disconnect one and then connect the replacement?
  3. Whatever the so-called pre-purchase special offers on cruise personaliser are, I can reasonably expect a cheaper offer on embarkation day AND can additionally expect a 25% additional discount for giving up my elite minutes?
  4. If only I bought a package, and gave up my elite minutes, my wife could still use hers to connect another device on a not-always-on basis within the minutes limit and could have her own ocean concierge account via that?

Answers/clarification appreciated!

S