Ovation of the Seas - what reservations needed?

Fairly new to RCCL but not cruising.  Have cruised on Vision of the Seas and Liberty of the Sea a number of years ago.  The Ovation is definitely larger :-)  Any suggestions as to what we need to reserve once we get on board?  Shows? Activities?  We have any time dining and will be Diamond based on our Celebrity status.  Any hints, suggestions so we aren't completely lost  :classic_biggrin:  BTW - this will be a seven day round trip Seattle Alaskan cruise in July.

Edited by geospyder

Thanks for the suggestions.  I also just found an article on Cruise Critic titled "Ovation of the Seas: What Can I do for Free?"  that tells what activities are suggested for reservations.  Looks like the big three would be iFly, Northstar and Pixels.

2 hours ago, geospyder said:

Thanks for the suggestions.  I also just found an article on Cruise Critic titled "Ovation of the Seas: What Can I do for Free?"  that tells what activities are suggested for reservations.  Looks like the big three would be iFly, Northstar and Pixels.

Like Bob said, reserve everything possible ahead of time if available on the cruise planner.

One step further... have a plan to reserve everything else you are targetting as soon as possible upon embarkation as well, either through your Royal IQ app or otherwise.

I suspect anything in the Seaplex you will need to get there early'ish, especially on the 7 day sailing I suspect as there will be limited opportunity to roller skate and participate in the Circus School.... it is first come first served. They had 45 minute time slots for roller skating, so if you are late in line, you may get a time slot 45 hour or even 1 1/2 hours later to come back and skate. While there's no reservations for the above in the cruise planner or on the Royal IQ when onboard, I suspect that could change.

Another one to look out for the very moment you step onto the ship is the "Back to the Future" Escape Room. Supposedly was bookable on day of embarkation, however sold out in mere hours that afternoon for the entire cruise.... and this was for an 11 day sailing. Like on Anthem, I can easily see this becoming a $9.95 charge if many no shows occur.

The $49 glacier viewing from NorthStar was not bookable until on board via the Royal IQ app... the Hubbard morning was sold out. I suspect with only one opportunity to do this in Endicott Arm, it will sell out there as well.

One thing we know is that RCI = "Really Consistently Inconsistent"

Everything I reported above will like change for next week's sailing... and back again in a month.

Unfortunately all you can do is keep looking at your cruise planner for any changes

Edited by Hoopster95
  • Like 1

Thanks, Hoopster, for all of your valuable information.  Your review was phenomenal.

Thanks to you I have my plan mapped out for when we board to divide and conquer and reserve everything we need to. Luckily we will probably have a late breakfast at the Seattle hotel so we won’t be in a rush to eat. And I’m planning on getting in line early for the teens to try the trapeze and bumper cars.