Non-Alcoholic Beer on Horizon

5 hours ago, jbethel11 said:

What is that? Me, a minor, doesn't understand, lol! I thought non-alcoholic beer was just root beer!

Shaking head.......it looks like beer, pours like beer, but has all of the alcohol removed.  And ginger beer is not beer either, it's a cousin of ginger ale that is used to make Dark n Stormy's (Bermuda's official drink) when mixed with Gosling's rum.  Also used for Moscow mule's with vodka.

1 hour ago, SNJCruisers said:

it looks like beer, pours like beer, but has all of the alcohol removed.  And ginger beer is not beer either, it's a cousin of ginger ale that is used to make Dark n Stormy's (Bermuda's official drink) when mixed with Gosling's rum.  Also used for Moscow mule's with vodka.

Ooh, I am intrigued. I can post it on Instagram with my "beer" and be like MAJOR FLEX, lol thanks!

6 hours ago, jbethel11 said:

Ooh, I am intrigued. I can post it on Instagram with my "beer" and be like MAJOR FLEX, lol thanks!

The cannot sell NA beer to minors, as there is still a smidgen of alcohol left.  Sorry, kiddo!

18 minutes ago, jbethel11 said:

So then it is considered alcoholic beer then? What is with marketing?

NA beer has approximately 0.5% alcohol remaining.  It is considered at less than that point to be a "malt beverage;" however, the Buckler sold on Carnival ships is 0.5% alcohol and subject to legal drinking age restrictions.

17 minutes ago, Schoifmom said:

NA beer has approximately 0.5% alcohol remaining.  It is considered at less than that point to be a "malt beverage;" however, the Buckler sold on Carnival ships is 0.5% alcohol and subject to legal drinking age restrictions.

So it is still technically alcoholic, but just not considered alcoholic. 

22 hours ago, jbethel11 said:

What is that? Me, a minor, doesn't understand, lol! I thought non-alcoholic beer was just root beer!

4 hours ago, jbethel11 said:

So it is still technically alcoholic, but just not considered alcoholic. 

You would have to drink a heck of a lot to even get a tiny buzz.

some people just like the taste of beer but cannot have alcohol.

Drinking a NA beer and eating a peach will produce about the same negligible amount of alcohol in one's stomach.  For some in recovery, it may be dangerous, depending on the motivation for drinking the substitute brew.

Others will not be bothered in the least.

I have heard that Carnival switched to Heiniken's NA from Bucklers.

Edited by evandbob