pre-paid gratuities and On Board credit

Propsmom

Propsmom, are you new to Oceania?  Most of us who get these benefits have been sailing for a while with a TA.  The longer we have given business to our TA, the better the benefits.

Mura

• Like 1

usually listed on your invoice on page 3  under the itinerary 

cannot remember if it is on the final cruise summary ..I will see if I have an old copy to check

I had my summary from April  it did have an Complimentary OBC listed on page 1  under Cruise details

but not the PPG or other loyalty benefits  we get

If you have  any invoices or emails  with the info just take them along incase the is a problem but  I am sure it will be fine

PPG provided by our TA's group  is listed on our invoice along with any OBC provided by Oceania, but refundable OBC provided by or TA is not.  We usually have an email from our TA specifying the TA's OBC and the OBC appears on board in the collection of notices of our benefits and on our shipboard account.

If your TA has promised PPG or other OBC, I'd check with him/her at least about the PPG.

Edited by 1985rz1

15 hours ago, Propsmom said:

Lht28

thank you for checking

I really appreciate it

Rest easy , your not dealing with the bargain basement deals found in some mass market lines... You get it all that your Agent arranged.   My fervent advice is to keep that agent  for all future  needs and you will see more benefits and such such as rebates and further discounts as you demonstrate loyalty to the agent

Other little things are even though you are limited to  pre reservations   for dining, once on board  you can have as many as you want... no charge if available.     Too, if you did not get the  liquor package pre cruise  no worries you can buy it in the ship...many times days after sailing if you think it is a good idea.     .....lots of good things and more

• Like 2

I will be going on a cruise that my Travel Agent gave me pre-paid Gratuities. I will also be Silver level on that cruise. Will I get additional on-board credit from my Silver level status in-liue of the Silver level PPG?

I remember seing that there was a $250 OBC instead of the Silver PPG. Does this still exist?

43 minutes ago, NYSMCprin said:

I will be going on a cruise that my Travel Agent gave me pre-paid Gratuities. I will also be Silver level on that cruise. Will I get additional on-board credit from my Silver level status in-liue of the Silver level PPG?

I remember seing that there was a $250 OBC instead of the Silver PPG. Does this still exist?

I suggest contacting your TA since your Oceania Club status already includes PPG. Our TA gives us additional OBC in lieu of the PPG benefit,  we too are silver, though the amount is less than what the dollar amount of the PPG would have been.

1 hour ago, NYSMCprin said:

we got it in April  but amounts may change come Nov 1st

Check with your TA if it is not already noted on page 3 of your invoice

From reading these posts  I’m wondering if I can expect pre-paid gratuities depending on our agent.  On our last two Riviera cruises our agent provided $200 OBC ,complimentary  bottle of Champagne and the wine tasting class which provided an additional bottle of wine.  No pre-paid tips.  Should I be expecting more?

We love Oceania Riviera!  Easy to get spoiled in a PH with a great butler.  It’s hard to consider cruises on other lines.  Last year did a Carnival cruise for a group family birthday (not our choice).  Won’t be doing that again😩.

1 hour ago, Roccaforte said:

From reading these posts  I’m wondering if I can expect pre-paid gratuities depending on our agent.  On our last two Riviera cruises our agent provided $200 OBC ,complimentary  bottle of Champagne and the wine tasting class which provided an additional bottle of wine.  No pre-paid tips.  Should I be expecting more?

We love Oceania Riviera!  Easy to get spoiled in a PH with a great butler.  It’s hard to consider cruises on other lines.  Last year did a Carnival cruise for a group family birthday (not our choice).  Won’t be doing that again😩.

I don't think your TA is giving you enough if you are booked in PH

• Like 2

On 6/10/2019 at 4:34 PM, Petoonya said:

I kinda agree with Docmark and although I hate to stir up an ants nest this doesn't seem quite right for a PH.

As a general rule...well not a rule but practice   many good agents give repeat passengers  who spend well as you  give about 7-10% of the net cruise fare in OBC/Rebate or some sort of perk  that equals that sum    $200  and 2 bottles of wine is less than $250..... If your spending 8-10 K ..... you do the math !!!

Good agents reward good passengers to retain them...   not use them.

• Like 1

Thanks!  Great info!  I’ll negotiate better next time.  We’re getting calls from O offering deeply discounted cruises because of the Cuba cancellations.  Too bad the ports of call aren’t great. Still tempting but wondering how Insignia compares to Riviera.  The PH looks small in comparison and I’m reluctant to try a cabin under the pool deck.  Noise is a big problem for me.  Any thoughts?

1 hour ago, Roccaforte said:

Thanks!  Great info!  I’ll negotiate better next time.  We’re getting calls from O offering deeply discounted cruises because of the Cuba cancellations.  Too bad the ports of call aren’t great. Still tempting but wondering how Insignia compares to Riviera.  The PH looks small in comparison and I’m reluctant to try a cabin under the pool deck.  Noise is a big problem for me.  Any thoughts?

We had noise issue under the pool deck on the Marina (same deck plan configuration) and won't book that anymore.  Others have not found the noise to be problematic.

The cabin part of the Marina/Riveria PH stateroom is larger, but because of the bathroom is considerably larger and the walk in closet takes up considerable space, some people feel the openness of the rest of the cabin was compromised (we're among that group). Although the cabin part of the stateroom on the smaller ships is technically smaller, some folks feel the configuration leads to a more open and spacious feeling.

Edited by 1985rz1