Empress Junior Suite - worth it?

I'm aware they're would be considered a normal balcony stateroom in other ships but are there additional perks than the standard ones for junior suites on the Empress?

I'm pondering upgrading to one but I'd like to know the perks. All the info I've gotten seems a bit contradictory.  Thanks for any help!

Other than the perks of double C&A points, I wouldn’t do it again. The JS is smaller than a regular balcony cabin. Unless you get an awesome price, I wouldn’t do it.  We got a great price on a 5-day cruise and those points put us up to diamond. 

If you want a balcony, you have little choice.

Empress is a fine ship but the cabins are small.  JS on Empress is around the same size or slightly bigger compared to standard balcony on modern ships plus you get a walk in closet.  

Perks are a decent size cabin, balcony and double C&A points.  

yycwlmtk

y2lo79fr

y64py6yu

y2jdvm3f

• Like 1

Had JS on Empress for cruise to Cuba in October 2017.  Yes, it was expensive but loved being able to go out on balcony and breathe the ocean air.  No perks that I recall other than the double points.  Like Beauty, in the eyes of the beholder.  I am one willing to pay extra to make me happy.  Only you can decide if it is worth the extra $$$.  Loved Empress and her crew.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, LuCruise said:

The pictures that twangster posted look pretty nice!  Depends on price difference over balcony?

on Empress your only option for a balcony is JS or greater.

Last year we had an AFT JS right above Boleros, we LOVED the room and the view and would doit again in a heartbeat, the price wasn't that much more than OV at the time. Personally I need easy access to the fresh air on the balcony.

Edited by not-enough-cruising
  • Like 1

Thanks everyone. I decided to upgrade to a JS midship on Deck 9 just so I can become a diamond member (and get bumped to elite at Celebrity) at the end of the cruise. 

Edited by El turista

29 minutes ago, El turista said:

Thanks everyone. I decided to upgrade to a JS midship on Deck 9 just so I can become a diamond member (and get bumped to elite at Celebrity) at the end of the cruise. 

We love the balcony so we did the JS last month on her. Was it the best room?? On that ship maybe.