Cabin Confusion - RoyalUp

Hi all,

I was looking into this RoyalUp idea and saw the photo of my proposed cabin is shown as having two windows. Please refer to the photo below:  

image.png.36b8ce670048a870d72e2f7a8fca5370.png

I have been on many many cruises and never had a balcony cabin with an extra window. Is this correct? 

It almost looks like a junior suite just not as deep: 

image.thumb.png.e8f7da710956cbb7be15e76d6dc4cdc8.png

Normal Ocean View Balcony: 

image.png.b84b0bc2132b3c583c330a37c7d33686.png

Thanks,

T

The first picture is a junior suite. The apparent difference in depth is due to where inside the cabin that the two different pictures were taken. It is also entirely possible that neither of these cabins is actually on the ship you are sailing. Not the first time RCL put the wrong picture in one of their offers.

Edited by orville99

6 minutes ago, orville99 said:

The first picture is a junior suite. The apparent difference in depth is due to where inside the cabin that the two different pictures were taken. It is also entirely possible that neither of these cabins is actually on the ship you are sailing. Not the first time RCL put the wrong picture in one of their offers.

This is clearly misleading..

This photo isn't a balcony room but a junior suite... 

2 hours ago, Static events said:

This is clearly misleading..

This photo isn't a balcony room but a junior suite... 

Yep. All they did was flip a JS picture, and crop the frame. Inside of RCL the "IT" in IT Department stands for Incompetent Twits:classic_wacko:

If you are already in an OV balcony I would NOT bid on another one whether it's listed as spacious or larger balcony etc.  I would only bid on a JS or higher.  Too many reports of folks getting the same type cabin in a crappy location

1 hour ago, molly361 said:

If you are already in an OV balcony I would NOT bid on another one whether it's listed as spacious or larger balcony etc.  I would only bid on a JS or higher.  Too many reports of folks getting the same type cabin in a crappy location

Yeh that is a good point! 

I would only bid on JS or higher but the price you bid is so high you might as well just paid upon booking the cruise. 

21 minutes ago, Static events said:

Yeh that is a good point! 

I would only bid on JS or higher but the price you bid is so high you might as well just paid upon booking the cruise. 

We only bid if we are already in a JS. Under the RoyalUP rules, if you bid from anything lower than a JS on a JS or above, you don't get the double points normally associated with suites.

3 minutes ago, orville99 said:

We only bid if we are already in a JS. Under the RoyalUP rules, if you bid from anything lower than a JS on a JS or above, you don't get the double points normally associated with suites.

Some people just want a better stateroom and don't care about points.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, orville99 said:

This is a good point.