Paying for a 2nd entre in the MDR?

marco

I saw this on an other site and did a cut and paste.......   Really?!?!?!?!?!?!

Holland America is now experimenting with charging $10 for anyone ordering a second dinner meal in the Main Dining Room. My information suggests this is being done on 4 of their ships now. We will be boarding the Eurodam shortly and will know first hand, as this is said to be one of them. So much for surf and turf? Ordering a second meal and sharing it with your significant other. Will have to see what happens if you just don't like the first one. Steak too tough? Food cold? I ordered it without the ______? Can I have 2 more lamb chops please?

Anyone aware of another cruise line doing this...or similar?

Edited by marco

This test program was tried on 4 HAL ships in March.   They received such bad press (it even made CNN) that HAL dropped the plan.   We don't know if they will try to resurrect it sometime in the future.   They claimed it was to prevent food waste.   But most of the food waste occurs in the Lido Market, not from an occasional passenger in the MDR asking the waiter for a 2nd pork chop.  

I heard nothing a bout extra charge for another entree on Zaandam  , I think  t he entrees I had were larger size portions than the recent past.   more cruisers likely were well satified  with all the food offered for dinner   They may not hav e  wanted a second entree. 

My appetite is not hat big   these days and I usually had a salad for my appetizer    though  I  did have the onion soup onc.e  IMO, the food in MDR at dinner  was very good.  I had a number of fish entrees and really enjoyed them  They were good  🙂

My expri ence was very good food And very good  service  .

image.png.11fb1347cd276514aa3ff878b955ca69.png

sail.noordam@gmail.com

image.png

• Like 1